+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
rp_tp said:
Just a question you didn't submit your original passport with WP application ?
For online applications, we do not submit passport at the beginning but wait for the request.

WP_CLS

Aug 20, 2013
Hi,
My urgent situation is the September expiration. Honestly, I do not think it mattered that I sent my email. I think it was my turn and this is why I posted (to give you guys a timeline update). My employer hired a lawyer and we have been trying to move things since June but we could not expedite it.
Also, if you apply online you have to wait for passport request.

ambrishu

Aug 12, 2013
I am in same boat. My US Visa is going to expire in Sep and submitted the VISA application on Jun. No idea what is going on in Canada immigration office.

WP_CLS

Aug 20, 2013
I applied in April 17.
There is a "Canadian Foreign Office Strike" just Google it. I am grateful that the New York office is still functioning despite the huge load that they have. Some international offices closed completely.

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
sealy said:
Original passport request received just a few minutes ago! Application was submitted online May 24th.
that is great to hear. congratulations :)
did your employer somehow expedited your case (by hiring a lawyer, etc.)?

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
darxider said:
that is great to hear. congratulations :)
did your employer somehow expedited your case (by hiring a lawyer, etc.)?
No, we have done nothing in particular, but I hold a valid multiple-entry TRV already. That might be the reason why the processing of my application is shorter I guess.

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
WP_CLS said:
Hi,
My urgent situation is the September expiration. Honestly, I do not think it mattered that I sent my email. I think it was my turn and this is why I posted (to give you guys a timeline update). My employer hired a lawyer and we have been trying to move things since June but we could not expedite it.
Also, if you apply online you have to wait for passport request.
Hi, what is the start date on your offer letter? My appointment is supposed to start Sept. 1st, but per the current timeline I may end up entering Canada after that. Since I will need to show the offer letter at the border to get the actual work permit, I wonder if missing the start date would be an issue.

Anyone has experience to share?

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
sealy said:
No, we have done nothing in particular, but I hold a valid multiple-entry TRV already. That might be the reason why the processing of my application is shorter I guess.
i see. thanks for the fast reply. i hope you get your WP as fast as possible.
(and with the upcoming talks between the Union and the Canadian government, i hope they reach an agreement and end this madness)

WP_CLS

Aug 20, 2013
Start date on my offer letter was JULY 15. My employer understands and is fully aware. Also I do not think it is an issue at the border since I assume the WP letter that you receive will be dated and the custom personnel will understand why you did not show up earlier.

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
WP_CLS said:
Start date on my offer letter was JULY 15. My employer understands and is fully aware. Also I do not think it is an issue at the border since I assume the WP letter that you receive will be dated and the custom personnel will understand why you did not show up earlier.
Thanks. Even if I receive the authorization letter now, I still need time to pack things up and move.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
Yes they are making life difficult for everyone and also by posting 30 days completion time on website. I applied by mail and have already send my passport just worried if this is in safe hands as they are not even confirming that they have this, not sure what to do..

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
Pbc said:
Which date applications r being processed .. And paper applications .. Thanks .
April 12th