+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Ohhh my :eek: It seem's like the trend in processing work permit is growing in months! Used to be 1 month, then 2 months, then 3 months and now I can see that they are just processing April applications which makes it 4 months now!!!! A few more months and WP is no different to FSW...which I hope will not happen.

My LMO was filed in Toronto, Ontario on June 12 and to date, I haven't got any clue if it is approved or not! That is 2 months and counting! :'(

ambrishu

Aug 12, 2013
Same case with me. I have filled the Work permit on Jun14 but till now no clue. I sent a email as well as inquire to CA NY office but still awaiting for the response.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
I got this email today

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on April 9, 2013.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number.

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
ambrishu said:
When did you sent the inquire email to them and also what is your document submit date...
I send them somewhere around Aug 12.. my submit date is April end still some time left :)

JavaBeetle

Aug 12, 2013
Hi rp_tp, Mine got submitted by Apr'26. By seeing the application moving pattern, guess it will take at least 1 more month to reach my application. Please let us know once yours get any updates. Running with 4'th month without PP in hand for the whole family. Such a pain in A$$. :mad:

WP_CLS

Aug 20, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I have been following this forum but this is my first post.
Just wanted to give people my timeline.

Online application (LMO- work permit) submitted: April 17.
Emailed (CNGNYG@international.gc.ca) on Thursday 15 about urgent situation.
The Embassy sent me a CIC web-based request for missing document: August 16.
I emailed the document to them: August 19.
Request for Passport: August 20.

I just found out that the duration of the Canadian VISA (I am a not a US citizen and I am here on a J-1) that they will give me can not exceed the expiration date on my passport, which is less than a year. So I will try to extend my passport duration to maximize Canadian VISA duration. I do not want to go through this ordeal again any time soon.
Will keep you posted when I send my passport to the Embassy.

gocando

Jun 24, 2013
WP_CLS said:
Hello Everyone,

Emailed (CNGNYG @ international.gc.ca) on Thursday 15 about urgent situation.

I just found out that the duration of the Canadian VISA (I am a not a US citizen and I am here on a J-1) that they will give me can not exceed the expiration date on my passport, which is less than a year. So I will try to extend my passport duration to maximize Canadian VISA duration. I do not want to go through this ordeal again any time soon.
Could you please elaborate on your urgency? Is it passport expiring or US Visa expiring soon? I have submitted in Apr end and my US Visa is expiring in Sep end. I want to try if they will accept any urgent request as yours..

hp2261

Jul 17, 2013
WP_CLS said:
Hello Everyone,

Emailed (CNGNYG @ international.gc.ca) on Thursday 15 about urgent situation.

On the same boat as gocando here. US visa ending in Sep end. More details abt the urgent situation would be helpful.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
@JavaBeetle

Yes will keep you posted.

@gocando : I am in the same situation as my visa expires in Sept send them couple of emails reg this but seems like they don't consider what a pain

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
Original passport request received just a few minutes ago! Application was submitted online May 24th.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
sealy said:
Original passport request received just a few minutes ago! Application was submitted online May 24th.
Just a question you didn't submit your original passport with WP application ?

ambrishu

Aug 12, 2013
Wow does it mean the application processing so fast and now they are processing May applications. Does any one else has May Application ?