+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
Online application
----------------------------------------I had received this on Aug 30, and same was received by my co-worker on Sep 4-------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,
This is in response to your email below.
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.
All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on May 3, 2013.
----------------------------------------------

Pbc

May 30, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Online application
----------------------------------------I had received this on Aug 30, and same was received by my co-worker on Sep 4-------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,
This is in response to your email below.
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.
All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on May 3, 2013.
----------------------------------------------

What kind of application ??? Thanks...

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
Completely submitted on July 12, 2013
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
submitted along with other documents
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
Petoto said:
Hi Purplebutterfly

I read your posts couple of times. I am currently in Canada. And I am going to apply work permit through the live in caregiver program. I think your situation is very similar with me. I wanted to contact you and hear your experience if you don't mind.
Thank you very much! I am from Japan. The things are changing constantly and I am very confused! I called CIC and VAC over 10 times each, but those agents each time gave me different answer!!

Thank you very much in advance.
Hi petoto,

I apploed in person last July 12 (in my case, I am working here in the US and New York is just an hour drive from my place) Are u in Canada for a tourist visa? I read from others here who are within Canada submitted there documents in New York. Maybe you could try that as well. Good luck

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
gocando said:
I got a standard response today, still its Apr 17.
Would you mind if i ask you what email address of the New York consulate you used in sending inquiry? I sent message to them but got no reply. Thank you!

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
Purplebutterfly said:
Hi petoto,

I apploed in person last July 12 (in my case, I am working here in the US and New York is just an hour drive from my place) Are u in Canada for a tourist visa? I read from others here who are within Canada submitted there documents in New York. Maybe you could try that as well. Good luck
Dear Purplebutterfly

Thank you SO much for your response. I really appreciate you.
I knew we could send our application from Canada since we are in Canada legally. Yes, I am in Canada as tourist not and was going to apply that wat which you pointed out.
But I heard the bad rumor that we would not send it to NY from Canada since they started strike and VAC opened.
I still keep researching. But please kindly let me know whether you are still waiting your process even you submitted your application to VAC or your application has been done already.
Thank you so much again! Hope your process will be okay!
Petoto

Pbc

May 30, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Inter company transfer
That's so weird.. Mine is inter company transfer too and i got an email this week saying they processing April 17 applications.. Do u not need a visa stamp? That could be the only reason for date difference.. Thanks..

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
Pbc said:
That's so weird.. Mine is inter company transfer too and i got an email this week saying they processing April 17 applications.. Do u not need a visa stamp? That could be the only reason for date difference.. Thanks..
Did you apply online? I have applied online and waiting for their response to send the passport for stamping.

Pbc

May 30, 2013
tech.next315 said:
Did you apply online? I have applied online and waiting for their response to send the passport for stamping.
No i applied via paper app..submitted it at the consulate.. They Hv my passport.... K that maybe the difference.. Never seen so much time lag between online and paper apps.. Waiting continues...

NYTOEDM

Jul 18, 2013
Any update on the work permit application prcessing time? Are they on the applications submitted on May? I am an applicant of early June. How long the embassay is taking to process the applications of a month??
Thanks

msiva1981

Jun 22, 2013
This is the reply I got today. I applied on Jun24, so looks like they won't even provide a processing status for people with less than 3 months in the queue..:S

Due to the volume of messages, we will only respond to requests for
application status if the processing period posted on our website has been
exceeded.

Sep 8, 2013
Got my work permit on September 6th. Here are the details.

Applied ONLINE on : April 29th.
Got passport request on : August 28th.
Sent passport on : August 29th.
Got passport stamped on : September 6th.
Got POE letter on : September 7th.
Passport issued from : New York office.
Total processing time : Around 120 days.

Applied for an Open work permit with Intra company transfer from USA

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
msiva1981 said:
This is the reply I got today. I applied on Jun24, so looks like they won't even provide a processing status for people with less than 3 months in the queue..:S

Due to the volume of messages, we will only respond to requests for
application status if the processing period posted on our website has been
exceeded.
May I know what email address did you use in sending inquiry? I have not gotten any replies from them yet. Thank you

gocando

Jun 24, 2013
got a standard email response today that they are processing applications of Apr 19.
Mine is a paper based.

NYTOEDM

Jul 18, 2013
A good news on my side...I got the WP approval letter. Applied on the first week of June.
I have a question, hope someone could advise. I am already in Canada as a visitor. For the work permit, do I need to go to the US through the US customs, then face the Canadian customs while returning from US. Or am I allowed to go directly to the Canadian custom from Canada and get the WP. BTW I am talking about the land border. Thanks again.