+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

Pbc

May 30, 2013
Hello all.. Once paper applications r finalized.. How many days later is the passport received? Thanks..

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
Hello friends
I sent case specific inquiry on June 26th but I have not got any response till now.
I sent another inquiry 2 days back. Usually I receive a email confirmation that my query has been sent successfully but this time I did not received any email confirmation which made me suspicious whether my request has been sent or not.

I sent another inquiry today and again I did not received email confirmation.

is anybody facing such issues? I am really confused with last update that consulate is processing March 18th application but as per updates from other members consulate should be processing March 25th / 26th applications now.

Please advise.

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
Maybe the confirmation emails went to your spam? I believe the two dates for paper vs. online applications.

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
Thanks for your reply but I thought the same and checked spam mailbox also. Not sure why I am not receiving the confirmation mail now.
anyways I will wait for the updates from others.

Btw, I applied online for work permit application on March 26th and eagerly waiting for an update from consulate.
It has been more than 90 days and still waiting.

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
GML25MAR said:
Hi,

No news guys i'm very disappointed.I will keep you update.
From the current processing time , they are taking 3-4 days to process one day application .So Mar 25 started on July 5th . You shld receive smething either today or tomorrow.Good Luck .

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Sen_1911 said:
From the current processing time , they are taking 3-4 days to process one day application .So Mar 25 started on July 5th . You shld receive smething either today or tomorrow.Good Luck .
Hope it will happen! I will keep posted!

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
alpha2007 said:
Thanks for your reply but I thought the same and checked spam mailbox also. Not sure why I am not receiving the confirmation mail now.
anyways I will wait for the updates from others.

Btw, I applied online for work permit application on March 26th and eagerly waiting for an update from consulate.
It has been more than 90 days and still waiting.
Never figured out how their system works. It is just that sometimes the confirmation is sent and sometimes it is not. I did not receive the automatic confirmation either for my last query, but they replied a few days later.
Hope you will hear something soon!

Apr02-13

Jun 3, 2013
Applied by mail April 2nd. There seems to be difference in processing time for applications by mail and online. Here is what I received today.

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 18, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
I was in assumption that there is no difference in timelines between online and paper applications but I think you are right.

This is what I received today for the inquiry sent on July 8th

Dear Sir/Madame,

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 25, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section

New York, NY, USA

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
alpha2007 said:
I was in assumption that there is no difference in timelines between online and paper applications but I think you are right.

This is what I received today for the inquiry sent on July 8th

Dear Sir/Madame,

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 25, 2013

Immigration Section

New York, NY, USA
Thank you for share this!!!