+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Sen_1911 said:
I got reply from Consulate today . They are still processing Mar 25th applications.
Thank you for let us know.I'm very worried about this situation i don't know what to think:maybe there are problems with my application?They did not asked for any other document on my file.
It will be very hard to get past another weekend.

Jun 6, 2013
I've emailed Minister Keeney to no avail, but here's his email:

Minister@cic.gc.ca

I'd say most of these applications are straight-forward. If one has all the required documentation, then it should be processed within the time frame. If I were a student going to a Canadian university, and still did not have my permits, I think I'd be beyond worried right now.

Good luck with your application.

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
GML25MAR said:
Thank you for let us know.I'm very worried about this situation i don't know what to think:maybe there are problems with my application?They did not asked for any other document on my file.
It will be very hard to get past another weekend.
I too feel the same . Sice ours is online application not sure whether we can visit the consulate and hand over our passport and ask for urgent processing . I have only one more month to stay legally in USA.

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Sen_1911 said:
I too feel the same . Sice ours is online application not sure whether we can visit the consulate and hand over our passport and ask for urgent processing . I have only one more month to stay legally in USA.
i don't know if is a good idea to go to the consulate,considering that for them limited visa is not a matter of emergency.hopefully something happens soon!i don't know what to say...i think everyone here is in a difficult situation!
All those people should pay for what they do!!!

Apr02-13

Jun 3, 2013
More bad news but may be it is important to know. The strike might continue into fall. Even if our posts on this forum were visible to the Canadian foreign ministry, there is probably not much they can do. The Canadian government and Foreign services staffers are at a dead-lock over equal pay.

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/07/11/foreign-service-strike-could-continue-into-fall-union-rep/

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
There are no indications in the news that the strike might end any time soon... clearly they have problems attracting attention, which is why this has been going on for such a long time already... the only way it's going to end is if there is enough pressure from within Canada to end it. The consulates don't give a s*** about the applicants because we are foreign citizens...

We can just hope that tourism industry, employers, Universities etc. push them to resume normal service. If you have anyone in Canada who is assisting you with the application, let them know to react and email someone because that is the only thing that might help... otherwise, just wait and hope...

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Does anyone know if I should be getting an email before they send my passport back? Or am I just getting the passport?

Pbc

May 30, 2013
This is unbelivable how people can strike forgetting impact on thousands of lives.. Families students kids

People should be thankful they have a job .. So many in the world dont ..

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
Hello! I need advise from you guys. What if I get an approval of my WP application next week since I started my application last February ( I just needed to wait because my passport was returned due to damaged and required a new and valid passport ). I have sent already my new and valid passport. My question is, my stay here in the USA will only until the end of this month. With the current processing time of Canadian Consulates due to strike, it might take another ten days and I will end up going beyond the validity of my stay here. What is the best thing to do? Should I just wait for my visa and WP even if I go beyond my legal stay here in the USA? Will there be a problem in getting in Canada if I get my visa and WP?
Thank you so much.

WP_Applicant

Jul 14, 2013
Applied Online on 16-Apr-13. Like many of you here, quite frustrated waiting for a response from the NYC Consulate.

My max out date from USA is 22-Jul-13. What if I don't get a response by 22nd and travel to India and after I move out of USA get a response from Consulate to send the passport? Will I be able to send the passport to the Delhi Consulate? Before I leave from USA, do I need to inform the Consulate?

Any suggestions provided will be greatly appreciated.

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
WP_Applicant said:
My max out date from USA is 22-Jul-13. What if I don't get a response by 22nd and travel to India and after I move out of USA get a response from Consulate to send the passport? Will I be able to send the passport to the Delhi Consulate? Before I leave from USA, do I need to inform the Consulate?
Good question. I don't see why moving to another country should affect your application, once the application is approved, I would guess any consulate can issue the visa.

You should probably ask them to make sure and also to confirm where you are supposed to be sending the passport. Please let us know here if you find out something.

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
chellesii76 said:
Hello! I need advise from you guys. What if I get an approval of my WP application next week since I started my application last February ( I just needed to wait because my passport was returned due to damaged and required a new and valid passport ). I have sent already my new and valid passport. My question is, my stay here in the USA will only until the end of this month. With the current processing time of Canadian Consulates due to strike, it might take another ten days and I will end up going beyond the validity of my stay here. What is the best thing to do? Should I just wait for my visa and WP even if I go beyond my legal stay here in the USA? Will there be a problem in getting in Canada if I get my visa and WP?
Thank you so much.
With certain types of American visas you are allowed to stay in the country for a certain time beyond the expiry date (like a month). I am not sure if your visa is one of those, but you should look into that, maybe you have some extra time.

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
Thanks Brahem. But I am already in my grace period and I am scared they may not continue to process my application since my legal stay here is expiring.

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
chellesii76 said:
Thanks Brahem. But I am already in my grace period and I am scared they may not continue to process my application since my legal stay here is expiring.
You might pay a visit to the consulate and ask for urgent processing. I don't think they would stop processing the application because of the change in your status, however you will need the passport to leave the country... I am not sure what happens in that case, whether they count it as cancellation of the application or not.

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
Thanks for your reply Brahem. Is the Consulate open for walk-ins Mon- Fri. What days do they entertain walk-ins? Thanks!