+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit application

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
I called IRCC today. The agent told me that they are processing 126 applications per day. I am not sure how accurate that number is. He also didn't say anything about the total number of pending applications. He did some mathematics and asked me not to expect anything before Jan 23rd. I had applied from USA on Sept 19th and gave my biometrics on Oct 2nd, under GTS.
126 applications only??? GTS category or overall? I have applied in April 2020, BVL on OCT 23rd so by their calculation should have receive decision by now.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
I called IRCC today. The agent told me that they are processing 126 applications per day. I am not sure how accurate that number is. He also didn't say anything about the total number of pending applications. He did some mathematics and asked me not to expect anything before Jan 23rd. I had applied from USA on Sept 19th and gave my biometrics on Oct 2nd, under GTS.
126 applications only??? GTS category or overall? I have applied in April 2020, BVL on OCT 23rd so by their calculation should have receive decision by now.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Hello everyone,
I had summited my WP application few months back. I have done upfront medical, gave biometrics and submitted police certificates along with my application.
Yesterday, when I logged into my CIC account yesterday, I saw status as "Application/profile updated" but when I clicked details no update in the profile and later changed back to submitted. I got the similar update on Nov 20 but at that time my medical status changed to pass, but this time nothing changed.

Is there anybody gone through same situation? Please share your experience.
I am so worried.

Looks like they have changed from "Submitted" to "Application/Profile Updated" for a lot of applications.

I applied for owner operator LMIA supported work permit on June 24th and just like you, today my cic shows "Application/Profile Updated" and when i logged in nothing.
By the way, my medical shows passed on September 17th 2020

Oh and i just logged in again to CIC portal and my application is again back to "Submitted". There are 2 explanations for this, 1st one there was an update and when i checked and now its not there
2nd is, it was just a glich and when i logged back again in, its sorted.

Do you mind logging back in and see if the status is changed back to "Submitted"

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Looks like they have changed from "Submitted" to "Application/Profile Updated" for a lot of applications.

I applied for owner operator LMIA supported work permit on June 24th and just like you, today my cic shows "Application/Profile Updated" and when i logged in nothing.
By the way, my medical shows passed on September 17th 2020

Oh and i just logged in again to CIC portal and my application is again back to "Submitted". There are 2 explanations for this, 1st one there was an update and when i checked and now its not there
2nd is, it was just a glich and when i logged back again in, its sorted.

Do you mind logging back in and see if the status is changed back to "Submitted"
You ll get your decision in 1 or 2 days, officer has started working on your application

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hi skd46443 and anjung,

Can you guys please share your noc under which ICT was applied. It will help in some understanding.

Please.

Thank you.

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Thank you guys. I already have a SOWP but my company doesn't agree for that and wanted to process an ICT. I have my spouse already in CA. They are checking to submit an application. Hopefully something happens this week.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
After passing all assessments (medical, security, eligibility, background) checks what to expect and when. decision positive/negative as one of my friend got to know about assessments through GCMS. final decision yet to make at the last stage so from a decision perspective and time asking.

Thanks