+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit application

anjung

Sep 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
I had summited my WP application few months back. I have done upfront medical, gave biometrics and submitted police certificates along with my application.
Yesterday, when I logged into my CIC account yesterday, I saw status as "Application/profile updated" but when I clicked details no update in the profile and later changed back to submitted. I got the similar update on Nov 20 but at that time my medical status changed to pass, but this time nothing changed.

Is there anybody gone through same situation? Please share your experience.
I am so worried.

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hello everyone,
I had summited my WP application few months back. I have done upfront medical, gave biometrics and submitted police certificates along with my application.
Yesterday, when I logged into my CIC account yesterday, I saw status as "Application/profile updated" but when I clicked details no update in the profile and later changed back to submitted. I got the similar update on Nov 20 but at that time my medical status changed to pass, but this time nothing changed.

I am so worried.
Share your timelines.? And from which country you applied.?

Reactions: anjung

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Application submitted: 18 September 2020
Medical passed: 20 November 2020
Update message in profile but no actual update: 1 December 2020
Nothing to worry about, your application is moving forward so review is going on..

Hopefully you will receive decision soon. next step now you should receive Biometric validity letter (BVL).

if you want to check exact status, you can opt for GCMS notes.

All the very best.

anjung

Sep 28, 2020
Nothing to worry about, your application is moving forward so review is going on..

Hopefully you will receive decision soon. next step now you should receive Biometric validity letter (BVL).

if you want to check exact status, you can opt for GCMS notes.

All the very best.
I already received BVL during my another application few months back, however the visa category was different.
Will I get BVL again?
I think, in my case, only remaining thing is background check. Hope for the best.

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
I already received BVL during my another application few months back, however the visa category was different.
Will I get BVL again?
I think, in my case, only remaining thing is background check. Hope for the best.
I am not sure now you will get BVL Or not as you already got one from another visa type.

Yes now background and eligibility check and information sharing steps are remaining in this case.

P.S Information sharing is basically they share information with USA, UK and so on.. part of security and background it seems.

jayantsingh

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am so worried.
That happens because of glitch in the background software.

Reactions: anjung

jayantsingh

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
I called IRCC today. The agent told me that they are processing 126 applications per day. I am not sure how accurate that number is. He also didn't say anything about the total number of pending applications. He did some mathematics and asked me not to expect anything before Jan 23rd. I had applied from USA on Sept 19th and gave my biometrics on Oct 2nd, under GTS.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello everyone,

I am so worried.
Sounds like what you saw is what folks here say "Ghost Update".
I don't know what they signify. Ask someone like @scylla .
Some people say it is a glitch in the system, some say it has some significance. I don't know.