+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit application past processing time, lets connect here!!!

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
Hello there,

My visa office is in UAE and the processing time is approx. 21 weeks as of 21-May-2019. My online app is officially 21 weeks this week and I don't have any update yet. I have sent a webform already and right after I successfully sent it, it says I should receive a reply within 28 working days. This is crazy.

Or, maybe my file is refused? How soon will you know that you are refused of a work visa?

Can you please share your timelines too please?

Last edited:

Hunnyraheja21

Jun 5, 2019
For real? The website says 7 weeks processing only for work permit if you are based in New Zealand, have you submitted a webform or a case specific enquiry to an IRCC office in your area?
Actually my agent submit it and he informs me that its on background check...my cousin who lives in canada also called ircc just to double check and it says same...

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
Actually my agent submit it and he informs me that its on background check...my cousin who lives in canada also called ircc just to double check and it says same...
oh that's too bad. Mine is also past the processing time. In UAE it says 21 weeks. I have no update yet. My online status says review of eligibility is underway and the background checks are in progress since early April. This is crazy. I wish you all the best, please keep me posted. Thanks.

Bcworker1

May 30, 2019
I applied on the 20 February for a work permit inside Canada , the processing time is 99 days and still no response.

OFR

May 13, 2019
Russia
Hi, guys!
My Company's attorney applied on 11th of February. I'm from Russia and CIC site indicates 6 weeks. It's 17th week already for now. All I have is that my case has been moved from Moscow to Edmonton and now it's under security background check which goes on since end of March. There is no timeline from their side. All replies from immigration (more than 6 in total) are the same: your case is still under processing.
Waiting seems to be worst thing in the world.

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
Hi, guys!
My Company's attorney applied on 11th of February. I'm from Russia and CIC site indicates 6 weeks. It's 17th week already for now. All I have is that my case has been moved from Moscow to Edmonton and now it's under security background check which goes on since end of March. There is no timeline from their side. All replies from immigration (more than 6 in total) are the same: your case is still under processing.
Waiting seems to be worst thing in the world.

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that. This is really crazy. I am checking other forums and looks like we are not the only ones. I have submitted two webforms already and I am hoping IRCC in Abu Dhabi will update my file already. Wishing for your positive result too. Goodluck. Pls keep us posted.

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
My app is 22 weeks this week already. Anyone here from UAE past processing time of 21 weeks? I have sent already a webform to IRCC last week.

artismelb

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 5241
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Hey guys,

I applied online for a work permit from the USA (I am not American) on May 1st, and submitted the biometrics on May 8th (that was the soonest appointment date I could get). The processing time shows to be only 3 weeks, but it has been 6 weeks already. I know it is not comparable to the 20 or so weeks you guys have to wait, but it seems all the applications are taking longer than expected/

I submitted a webform and they simply answered saying that it is processing. I was supposed to start work about a month ago, which is sad, because I am losing months on my contract.

Please share when you guys get more information, either a passport request or anything!

Talk2jibin

May 20, 2019
Hi there, where is your visa office? Mine is almost 5 months now and still no update.
HI,
Applied on 28th March through an agent in Canada. Since am residing in Dubai my file is processing in UAE Embassy. I have not got any updates yet. And I have already one rejection on the same when I applied directly from dubai During that time I got the decision on 94th day after submission

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
Hey guys,

I applied online for a work permit from the USA (I am not American) on May 1st, and submitted the biometrics on May 8th (that was the soonest appointment date I could get). The processing time shows to be only 3 weeks, but it has been 6 weeks already. I know it is not comparable to the 20 or so weeks you guys have to wait, but it seems all the applications are taking longer than expected/

I submitted a webform and they simply answered saying that it is processing. I was supposed to start work about a month ago, which is sad, because I am losing months on my contract.

Please share when you guys get more information, either a passport request or anything!
Hi there.
I think all IRCC visa offices are behind in their processing of applications. Too bad, we don't have a choice but to wait patiently. When I submitted a webform a couple of times, I did not receive any answer from them which is odd because as per my receipt of webform says "You should receive a reply within 28 working days" but unfortunately I did get nothing. This is actually exhausting :(