+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT APPLICANTS - Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi 2014 batch

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
He applied thru vfs. He has an email now that his passport has been dispatched to vac. It took 5 working days for the passport. Did you apply online ir vfs sam_ngk?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Wow Henry congrats.After how many months your application approved and in canada which city you are assigned.I also submit my passport so waiting for the visa with my passport.

Regards
Rabin

AliV

Aug 11, 2014
Hi there, our applications were sent in 3rd April... still waiting...
I'm curious... which industries are you all in? Can it be that some industries' applications take longer than others?
I heard or read somewhere, not sure where tho, that there was a problem with the food industry last year and that is why there was such a long delay...
Anyway, I had a look at different timelines to process work permits and Abu Dhabi takes the longest of them all! They always had a timeline of 4-6 months and I saw now that they now changed it to 7 months processing time!! Wish there was someone we could contact just to get some sort of an update...

AliV

Aug 11, 2014
Congrats henry that's awesome news! What's your timeline? When did you submit your application? Please share :)

moahammadi740

Aug 12, 2014
hi,
I applied open work permit for my wife in may, any one have any idea how long does it take in abu dhabi for open work permit,

henry1028

Aug 11, 2014
RabinJi said:
Wow Henry congrats.After how many months your application approved and in canada which city you are assigned.I also submit my passport so waiting for the visa with my passport.

Regards
Rabin
Thanks RabinJi
Yes bro. 6months waiting for this result but it worth it. Haha.now Im waiting my passport to return. Im assigned in alberta

faizal3788

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiting for final decision for past 9 months...... So worried...........I dont know how they categorize d processing queue... :'(

KRMALIK

May 8, 2014
faizal3788 said:
waiting for final decision for past 9 months...... So worried...........I dont know how they categorize d processing queue... :'(

hi you are still waiting i just received my visa along with my wife on 21 august and we applied on 29 jan 2014 VAC islamabad pak and have a plan to fly on 26 inshallah what happen with case share ur time line

thanks

Ronron23

Jul 23, 2014
I applied july 22 2014 thru online application and followed it up with an email regarding my application and got a reply that they cant expedite my application because they process work permit as first come first serve basis. I hope this will be a useful info for all. Is there anybody here who applied online please share your timeline thanks....

teph

Oct 10, 2014
guys any update to all Nov. / Dec. 2013 applicant ? 10 months of waiting till now there is no update from them...

AliV

Aug 11, 2014
I am not sure how it works... how they categorise applications... if for example care givers takes longer than jobs in the food industry or in engineering/construction... We submitted our applications beginning of April, timeline on the Abu Dhabi website says 4-6 months processing time however, on CIC it says 7 months. We emailed Abu Dhabi to ask for an update as they have exceeded their published timeline of 4-6 months, got a reply saying that there is a back-log so estimated time is now 8-10 months :( apparently most of the applications were sent in between April and August which also doesn't help with the already existing back-log... Anyone on this threat sent in their applications in April?

AliV

Aug 11, 2014
Hi there, got an email today to say my work permit application has been updated however, when I login there is no update... has anyone here experienced something similar?