Work Permit and Work Experience

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
Hi guys,
I need to know that how many years foreign work experience is required to get Canada work permit?
An immigration consultant told me that I will need atleast 2 years work experience in relevant field from my home country before applying Canadian work permit. Is it true
You help will be highly appreciated.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
Did I post wrong thread in wrong forum?
Noone is bothering to reply me.
Please guys, I need your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did I post wrong thread in wrong forum?
Noone is bothering to reply me.
Please guys, I need your help.
It's unrealistic to expect an immediate answer. It take often take a few hours or even days to get a response. If you want immediate responses - the best option is to hire a lawyer.

To answer your question, no - there is no 2 year experience requirement. However generally speaking, it's next to impossible to secure a job offer from outside of Canada since Canadian employers are unwilling to go through the LMIA process required to get an approved work permit. You want to stay away from consultants and agencies if you are looking for a job in Canada - pretty much all of them are scams. If you want to try to find a job in Canada as a foreign worker, you need to apply to jobs directly through job sites such as LinkedIn.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
It's unrealistic to expect an immediate answer. It take often take a few hours or even days to get a response. If you want immediate responses - the best option is to hire a lawyer.

To answer your question, no - there is no 2 year experience requirement. However generally speaking, it's next to impossible to secure a job offer from outside of Canada since Canadian employers are unwilling to go through the LMIA process required to get an approved work permit. You want to stay away from consultants and agencies if you are looking for a job in Canada - pretty much all of them are scams. If you want to try to find a job in Canada as a foreign worker, you need to apply to jobs directly through job sites such as LinkedIn.
I beg your pardon for my impatience.
And thanks a lot for your detailed reply.
I have 2 years multiple entry Canada visit visa and want to get a job there.
I am very law abiding citizen of my home country.and do not want to violate any law or rules in Canada as well.
I just want to know the procedure that how I can get work permit while visiting Canada? And is it possible to change visa status from visit to work permit while I am inside Canada.
Thanks again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I beg your pardon for my impatience.
And thanks a lot for your detailed reply.
I have 2 years multiple entry Canada visit visa and want to get a job there.
I am very law abiding citizen of my home country.and do not want to violate any law or rules in Canada as well.
I just want to know the procedure that how I can get work permit while visiting Canada? And is it possible to change visa status from visit to work permit while I am inside Canada.
Thanks again
You cannot change a visitor visa to a work permit. You would have to apply for a work permit separately.

To qualify for a work permit, you need a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer must have obtained an approved LMIA. The LMIA process is expensive for the employer and generally takes 4-6 months to complete with no guarantee of approval. You should expect it will be extremely difficult / next to impossible to secure a job offer for this reason.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
Thanks again for quick reply. I really appreciate
You would have to apply for a work permit separately.
Can I apply work permit while I am inside Canada if I get approval of LMIA?
Please, bear with my ignorance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks again for quick reply. I really appreciate

Can I apply work permit while I am inside Canada if I get approval of LMIA?
Please, bear with my ignorance.
Yes.

Joseph Louis

Jun 7, 2019
Please i am from Ghana and a travel agent said he can help me get working permit or working visa to Canada in one month...Please I want to know if is possible to get a work permit in one month and what are the process of getting a working visa.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Please i am from Ghana and a travel agent said he can help me get working permit or working visa to Canada in one month...Please I want to know if is possible to get a work permit in one month and what are the process of getting a working visa.
No it is not possible.