+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit and Reference letter Role title descrepency

ansh1405

Aug 26, 2019
Hi All, Need your expert suggestions on the below situation.

1. I got CEC ITA and working on a closed work permit
  2. My work permit was filed using NOC 0213 with the role/title as "Project Manager CAN"
  3. All the supporting documents given by the company for the work permit application had the above-mentioned role
  4. For my reference letter, my company is using the designation which is "Technology Lead", which is other than the role mentioned on the work permit.
  5. Also, I am claiming the job offer for the 50 points, which will have the same issue where the role mentioned on the work permit is not matching with the job offer letter designation.
I am not sure if the above discrepancies in job title/designation will create an issue in my application as the role title mentioned on the WP documents will not match with the Reference and Job offer letter designation.

However, the job duties/responsibilities mentioned in the reference and the job offer letters will match with the NOC "0213" computer system manager job duties. I have the Deputation, Appointments and Increments letter having the role mentioned on the work permit application.

Do you see any issues? Could you please suggest to me what can be done to avoid rejection or queries on the same?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
The duties and responsibilities matter much much more than the job title. As long as they match the NOC in which you applied, you are fine.

yashshah0330

May 13, 2021
They mentioned that it’s fine to have different job title as far as duties and responsibilities are falling in that NOC Code on ircc site