+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit after BC PNP

IkoLove

Dec 27, 2020
Question:

If BC Employer give me and offer under my in-demand noc, and I'll receive a nomination. Is it possible to land to Canada only after receiving a PR?
a) How to explain to officer that it'll take ~1 year? (I know about letter of support, but want land after PR)
b) What date I need to have in JobOffer 1+ year after 1 year, when I'll theoretically receive a PR?

Darioneer

Jan 12, 2021
Question:

If BC Employer give me and offer under my in-demand noc, and I'll receive a nomination. Is it possible to land to Canada only after receiving a PR?
a) How to explain to officer that it'll take ~1 year? (I know about letter of support, but want land after PR)
b) What date I need to have in JobOffer 1+ year after 1 year, when I'll theoretically receive a PR?

Hello,

For your first question: you can land into Canada before having a PR, only if you have another valid document such as a study or work permit.

a) This question is not clear to me so I do not how to answer. What do you refer to when saying "to explain to officer"? What is that you want to explain?
b) The date on your job offer could be anytime between 1 year to permanent offer.

Hope I helped you a bit.

Reactions: IkoLove

IkoLove

Dec 27, 2020
Hello,

For your first question: you can land into Canada before having a PR, only if you have another valid document such as a study or work permit.

a) This question is not clear to me so I do not how to answer. What do you refer to when saying "to explain to officer"? What is that you want to explain?
b) The date on your job offer could be anytime between 1 year to permanent offer.

Hope I helped you a bit.
Thank you for your answer.

I mean is it okay if I:
Take a JobOffer > Receive a Provincial nominee > Receive a PR. That process will take 1+ year, and of my employer didn't decline the offer during that period and I'll land in Canada everything will he okay?

I mean 1 year process is it okay?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

I mean is it okay if I:
Take a JobOffer > Receive a Provincial nominee > Receive a PR. That process will take 1+ year, and of my employer didn't decline the offer during that period and I'll land in Canada everything will he okay?

Your employer will have signed the employer declaration with an indeterminate job offer. If this changes during the process, the employer must notify BC PNP officials. But yes, it will be okay.

Darioneer

Jan 12, 2021

I mean is it okay if I:

Yes, it will be okay. You will have a work permit and work while waiting your PR.

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
HI ,

I have received my work permit support letter from BCPNP. Is that enough evidence to be allowed to fly to Canada and apply for a work permit at the border ?

Thanks in advance

jaskaran0022

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
HI ,

I have received my work permit support letter from BCPNP. Is that enough evidence to be allowed to fly to Canada and apply for a work permit at the border ?

Thanks in advance
no, you need to apply for work permit with that support letter, you can't directly fly with only support letter.

aragorn29

Jul 25, 2018
Hello all!

Have you received your WPs? I also applied for WP after PNP nomination with T13 work permit support letter. My start date is May 2022, but I'm reading posts about WP applications without decision for over 6 months of processing.

Processing time in my country of application is 12 weeks. It seems we have identical cases, WP after nomination, so please share your timeline.

Big thanks!

Mrmcman

Jul 5, 2022
HI ,

Thanks in advance
how long did it take to get your work permit support letter when you got your BC PNP?

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
how long did it take to get your work permit support letter when you got your BC PNP?
They said they sent it immediately to my email but i did not get it so i wrote them an email and they responded the same day with the letter. This was 9 months later :-(

Mrmcman

Jul 5, 2022
They said they sent it immediately to my email but i did not get it so i wrote them an email and they responded the same day with the letter. This was 9 months later :-(
Good to know that’s it’s suppose to be sent with the PNP

Thank you for the reply

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Good to know that’s it’s suppose to be sent with the PNP

Thank you for the reply
No Problem. Please if you have an answer to a question , help someone out. I have had many questions i asked with no answer so i try and provide answers when i can. Good Luck and God speed ( If you believe in God :) )

Mrmcman

Jul 5, 2022
No Problem. Please if you have an answer to a question , help someone out. I have had many questions i asked with no answer so i try and provide answers when i can. Good Luck and God speed ( If you believe in God :) )
What country did you apply for your BC PNP from? And how long did it your application take to go from applied to processing?

I’m UK based and applied 2 months ago and the status hasn’t changed

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
It took me about 3 Months ,October 2020 to December 16th 2020. I can try check for more specifics if it will help. From Kenya . It was based on BCPNP Tech Pilot at that time

chitrarth236

Dec 3, 2019
I am currently on my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and employed in an NOC A-type job. I am eligible for the British Columbia PNP International Post-Graduate stream. My wife lives with me on a spousal open work permit. If I apply for permanent residency (PR) through the BC PNP International Post-Graduate stream, will my wife also be eligible to obtain PR with me?