+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit (20hrs per week) upon entering Canada

bela111

Jun 16, 2019
Hi All,
I have received student visa sw1 category. I’m planning to move to Canada sometime around next month. Upon entering Canada, I know the immigration officer will issue me a study permit. Will he issue me a work permit as well (20hours per week part time work)? If I am unsure, should I ask the officer about the work permit?

please help thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,
I have received student visa sw1 category. I’m planning to move to Canada sometime around next month. Upon entering Canada, I know the immigration officer will issue me a study permit. Will he issue me a work permit as well (20hours per week part time work)? If I am unsure, should I ask the officer about the work permit?

please help thanks
You won't be issued a separate work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html

Engr_Sam

Nov 5, 2019
Hi All,

please help thanks
Hi Bella,

the study permit that you will receive will allow you to work 20hr per week and once you complete your course then you will apply for full time work permit that will allow you to stay and work full time

bela111

Jun 16, 2019
Hi Bella,

the study permit that you will receive will allow you to work 20hr per week and once you complete your course then you will apply for full time work permit that will allow you to stay and work full time
great thank you