+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit (20hrs per week) upon entering Canada

Discussion in 'International Students' started by bela111, Nov 10, 2019.

  1. Hi All,
    I have received student visa sw1 category. I’m planning to move to Canada sometime around next month. Upon entering Canada, I know the immigration officer will issue me a study permit. Will he issue me a work permit as well (20hours per week part time work)? If I am unsure, should I ask the officer about the work permit?

    please help thanks
  2. You won't be issued a separate work permit.

  3. Hi Bella,

    the study permit that you will receive will allow you to work 20hr per week and once you complete your course then you will apply for full time work permit that will allow you to stay and work full time
  4. great thank you
  5. You can’t start working until your courses start.

Share This Page