+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

Neyya

May 5, 2013
Hi Guys,

I just got my ITA and realised that i didnt add a contract job i did for 2 months. I added it to the application and clicked on" preview score". It did not change my points, is this okay?

Another question; Is it too late to get an immigration lawyer to help me with the process? It's a bit overwhelming and i'm starting to doubt my NOC Codes. I'd much rather have someone more experienced looking at this for me but i dont know if there are lawyers willing to help when i have already received my ITA

Last question: I'm going to do my police check. I am using an accredited finger printing company in toronto. They typically send the results electronically to RCMP.. is there something else i should do on my end as well?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
If you are not claiming points for this contract job, just add it to the personal history section of the application form, no need to put it in work history

You can employ a consultant/lawyer at any stage of your application. It's all up to you.

You don't need to submit a PCC for Canada unless requested by IRCC.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Guys,
Last question: I'm going to do my police check. I am using an accredited finger printing company in toronto. They typically send the results electronically to RCMP.. is there something else i should do on my end as well?
Why? You do not need the PCC from Canada. You do however need a PCC from every other country you have lived oin for at least 6 months over the past 10 years, since the age of 18.

Neyya

May 5, 2013
Why? You do not need the PCC from Canada. You do however need a PCC from every other country you have lived oin for at least 6 months over the past 10 years, since the age of 18.

Oh okay, thanks for explaining this to me! I have been in canada as an international student since high school (17years old when i came) so this is good to hear.

Neyya

May 5, 2013
If you are not claiming points for this contract job, just add it to the personal history section of the application form, no need to put it in work history

You can employ a consultant/lawyer at any stage of your application. It's all up to you.

Okay thanks, the contract job is on in the work history section in my application. I got a lawyer because i'm very uncertain about the NOC Codes i chose and i don't want to take any chances at the moment.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Oh okay, thanks for explaining this to me! I have been in canada as an international student since high school (17years old when i came) so this is good to hear.
In your situation, I would simply write a letter of explanation (about what you wrote above) about why you think you do not need to provide any PCCs... Note that IRCC might ask for one from your country of citizenship anyway.

Neyya

May 5, 2013

Another query- I'm going through my NOC Codes and i decided to modify the NOC Code of one my jobs. This is because i did further research just to be sure and the new code seems to be more closely aligned with my experience.

My points reduced below the cut off point. What do i do and what does this mean?

I haven't done anything to my profile yet because i'm seeing a lawyer next week to weigh my options.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Another query- I'm going through my NOC Codes and i decided to modify the NOC Code of one my jobs. This is because i did further research just to be sure and the new code seems to be more closely aligned with my experience.

My points reduced below the cut off point. What do i do and what does this mean?

I haven't done anything to my profile yet because i'm seeing a lawyer next week to weigh my options.
If you make any change post ITA that results in your CRS dropping below the cut off, you'll have to decline the ITA and wait for next draw.

Reactions: Neyya and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed with the above. If your points drop below the cut off, you need to decline.

Reactions: Neyya