+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience Pay slips and w2 missing

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by mdbilal, Sep 18, 2019.

  1. Hello,

    I have experience of more than 3 years in the US. I worked for 2 different companies during this time.
    I changed company last year...I have the reference letter from my previous company which have all the details about working hours, salary, location, job details, job title (as required by CIC) but I don't have any pay stubs and w2 (I am not able to find/retrieve it), but I have all the required information for past 1.5 years (from the time I am in this new company)

    Do I need to show pay stubs and w2 for all the work years (I mean past company work experience) or Is it enough if I show them reference letter from that company with all the details in it?
  2. You can get copies of pay records from your previous employer.. You need to keep copies of you tax information for many years.
    mdbilal likes this.
  3. Not needed since the letter mentions the salary.
    mdbilal likes this.
  4. Is it mandatory to get reference letter from employer? What to do if any of the employer refuses to provide reference letter? Can we upload offer letter, salary increment letter and paystubs instead?
  5. They need to see evidence of job duration, job duties, full-time status and compensation. Gather as much supporting evidence as you can to prove all these things. It may work, but not guaranteed. Also, add evidence that employer has refused to provide the letter such as an email from HR.
    shravani_pl likes this.
  6. Thanks, we have just uploaded HR mail which says that they cannot provide a letter which includes all such details. So will the letter from a colleague with all the details work in such cases?

Share This Page