+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience (Need clarification)

rdmindia

Nov 24, 2016
Hi,

I have total 8 years of experience but in between my third and fourth job there was 10 month gap experience due to government exam preparation. What would I answer in future if CIC ask about this gap .

I have already collected reference letters to all my previous companies on letterhead and also got HR business card who signed letter so still notarised requires.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rdmindia said:
Hi,

I have total 8 years of experience but in between my third and fourth job there was 10 month gap experience due to government exam preparation. What would I answer in future if CIC ask about this gap .

I have already collected reference letters to all my previous companies on letterhead and also got HR business card who signed letter so still notarised requires.
IRCC won't be concerned about this gap in employment.

cozycold77

Dec 13, 2016
Hi Seniors
I am new here and I have some questions about my work experience. I have started my research for my eligibility. So I would appreciate any help and advice. Belows are my work experience.

2/2007 – 1/2008: Company 1 Full time (1 year)
2/2008 - 6/2013: Company 2 Full time; position: Director; job description: run daily operations; type of business: transportation (5 years 5 months)
1/2014 - 4/2014: Company 3 Part time
4/2014 - 8/2014: Company 4 Part time
11/2014 - 12/2014: Company 5 Full time (2 months)
3/2015 - 6/2015: Company 6 Part time
8/2015 - 5/2016: Company 7 Full time (9 months)

Here are my questions:

Years of experience in the last 10 years: I have “6 years 5 months” (don’t count two full-time jobs (company5) & (company7) or “7 years 4 months” (count (company5) & (company7))

The code for my position at company2 is "0731": Here is the link (sorry I couldn't post the link) that I found the description that is similar to my title and duties. Is this correct? How many extra point do I have?

Should I report the part time jobs in the application? If yes, do I need to provide proof of work?

Thank you very much for your time and advice

navii_a

Feb 18, 2017
Hi Experts,

This is my first post - Hope everything goes well.

I am currently working with a company since almost 5 years and within this period my designation has changed from one NOC to another (Both falling under skilled work). Also for the 1st year I was a management trainee for the same company.
While creating a profile i have included just 1 work experience under current employer and with latest NOC.

Is that fine or should I include different lines for all designations that i have had under current employer?

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.
My CRS is 467 and i don't want to update my profile once i receive ITA.

Thanks in advance.

Navii

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
hello all, i have 1 year canadian experience and 2.8 months of indian experience between 2010-2013. however i have only one letter from my company that includes to whom so.... and my name, position, and time period. no salary details or roles and responsibilities mentioned. can i use this letter to claim points? it comes as skilled worker and it was the same letter i used while applying for study permit in 2013.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navi9 said:
hello all, i have 1 year canadian experience and 2.8 months of indian experience between 2010-2013. however i have only one letter from my company that includes to whom so.... and my name, position, and time period. no salary details or roles and responsibilities mentioned. can i use this letter to claim points? it comes as skilled worker and it was the same letter i used while applying for study permit in 2013.
Not sufficient, not having duties and responsibilities will most likely lead to rejection.

either get a new letter following IRCC's requirements or get a declaration from a colleague or manager stating your duties and responsibilities.

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
DelPiero07 said:
Not sufficient, not having duties and responsibilities will most likely lead to rejection.

either get a new letter following IRCC's requirements or get a declaration from a colleague or manager stating your duties and responsibilities.
but the thing is its same letter i've submitted 3 years back while applying study permit. Now if i change letter is it good to go?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navi9 said:
but the thing is its same letter i've submitted 3 years back while applying study permit. Now if i change letter is it good to go?
Either get a new letter or ask your employer to modify the letter with the information needed.

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
My current and former employers have refused to give me reference letters.

I am getting my current and former managers to write d reference letter.

The letter would contain at least 12 roles and responsibilities covering all the lead main duties of my NOC (Not in exact words),Numbers of hours worked, Title, Date of Joining and exit. My offer letters for both jobs contain my salary details. I also have at least 6 pay stubs from both jobs. I plan to upload all these including my ID cards.

My question is, do my former and current boss need to include my NOC title and code on the letters or are the roles and responsibilities in d letters enough to determine NOC

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Hi guys , does my reference letter have to be attested ? Or notarized. It will
Will already be on company letterhead and I'll sign but my two reporting managers in succession of chain.

Also do I need to mention all old positions held within the same company ? As in promotions ? And then provide reference letters for each position?

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
mandy.c said:
Thanks @Istari!:)
Thanks, but do all old job titles have to be mentioned ? I think so. Also would that have to be mentioned as a separate activity under personal activity ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omidahomie said:
Hi guys , does my reference letter have to be attested ? Or notarized. It will
Will already be on company letterhead and I'll sign but my two reporting managers in succession of chain.

Also do I need to mention all old positions held within the same company ? As in promotions ? And then provide reference letters for each position?
The reference letter does not have to be attested or notarized.

You should mention old positions along their duties and responsibilities if different from the current position - you can have this information in a single reference letter.

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Thanks Del piers. However would I need to add each job title
Within the same company as a different activity under personal
Details ?

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Dears ,
Generally would it make a difference if the company stamp on my employement reference letter mentions my company name (bank) and the depesrtement and region I am in. I.e. It says bank name and logo and corporate banking , eastern region.

Or should it only say bank name and logo?

S

sutyfornow

DelPiero07 said:
The reference letter does not have to be attested or notarized.

You should mention old positions along their duties and responsibilities if different from the current position - you can have this information in a single reference letter.
Del piero, are pay slips mandatory? Or only if they ask for it?