kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Well all my quotes have been from CIC itself. They state it is for any EE application...

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SagiCZ said:
Hi,

I have been invited to apply under the CEC category and would just like to clarify one thing.

I have one year of experience in Canada - this qualifies me for CEC.
I have also one year of experience in my home country, I worked there 2 years part-time while studying, combined over 2100 hours which I can proove. It was in NOC 2174 and gained before I had my bachelor degree. - this gave me a lot of points

The second experience is valid right? I could not find any information on CIC to say otherwise but would love to hear your opinions.
Haven't read the entire thread so not sure if this is already been pointed out but NOC 2174 expeirence can only be considered if it has been gained AFTER BACHELOR DEGREE. Basically you have to have some degree in computer field before you start working and claim that experience.

"Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience."

SagiCZ

Jan 7, 2016
While I am not sure about the full-time studying disqualifying work experience I am pretty sure you are wrong in this. See this:

Work experience need not be continuous under the CEC.
Applicants do not have to be employed at the time of application, but they must have temporary status during the qualifying period of work experience acquired in Canada [R87.1(3)(c)].
The “Employment Requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description are not applicable.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/cec/work.asp

SagiCZ

Jan 7, 2016
From the ministerial instructions, this is all they have to say about foreign work experience:

Foreign work experience

25. (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers; and
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1).
It does not mention anything about full-time studying. The full-time study is a problem only in Canadian experience where they explicitely state it. It is only applicable for that section though.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

SagiCZ

Jan 7, 2016
I think this is all covered automatically by the online application.

I tried putting in work experience while studying OUTSIDE of Canada -> Received points for work experience and eligible for FSW
I tried putting in work experience while studying INSIDE of Canada -> No points for work experience but eligible for FSW

Therefore I conclude, that only work experience while studying gained INSIDE of Canada does not count but anywhere else it counts for both CEC and FSW.

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Yea, see above, that won't count and will likely be disqualified.

Can I count part-time work toward the work experience requirement?
You can count part-time work toward the work experience requirement, as long as you were not a full-time student at the time.

However, you must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1560 hours)
This question in help centre is under the CEC section and not FSW. They only do not accept part time work done in Canada on a student visa except Noc 4012 . If you have done a part time job out of canada and can prove it, by all means it can be included in your application!

Kindly see below

Can I count my work as a teaching assistant toward the work experience requirement?
You may be able to count experience as a teaching, research or lab assistant at a post-secondary educational institution, (see National Occupation Classification 4012) toward the work experience requirement, depending on the eligibility criteria of the programs.

If after submitting your Express Entry profile you are invited to apply, you must show that you did the job as described in the occupational description of the NOC, meaning that you did all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in NOC, your application will be refused.

To be considered under the Canadian Experience Class:

You cannot count work experience you gained while enrolled as a full-time student. Your work experience must have been gained while on a valid work permit, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit.

You must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1,560 hours) in the three years before you submit your Express Entry profile.

To be considered under the Federal Skilled Worker Program:

Your work experience must have been full-time (or the equivalent in part-time hours), worked continuously and paid, for at least one year in the same occupation.

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SagiCZ said:
Hi,

I have been invited to apply under the CEC category and would just like to clarify one thing.

I have one year of experience in Canada - this qualifies me for CEC.
I have also one year of experience in my home country, I worked there 2 years part-time while studying, combined over 2100 hours which I can proove. It was in NOC 2174 and gained before I had my bachelor degree. - this gave me a lot of points

The second experience is valid right? I could not find any information on CIC to say otherwise but would love to hear your opinions.
Your second experience is valid! Go on !!!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
kryt0n said:
You're reading tis wrong.

Claiming work experience points while studying is not allowed for FSW or CEC.
This is incorrect. You can claim work experience gained while studying as a full time student for FSW, as long as that work experience and education was not in Canada.

chandreshjiyani

Sep 20, 2016
can i claim points in canadian experience class if my foreign work experience is gained while studyiong in india ? have anyone got permasnent residency by doing so?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
can i claim points in canadian experience class if my foreign work experience is gained while studyiong in india ? have anyone got permasnent residency by doing so?
Your question is confusing, if you are a Canadian Experience Class candidate then you must have at least 12 months full time or equal amount part time paid work experience within last 36 months in Canada. If you claim points for foreign work experience then you will fall under Federal Skilled Worker class where you must show minimum 1 year continuous paid work experience full time or equal amount of part time. All the work experiences must be in NOC type 0, A or B.

Now to your specific query, Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as a co-op work term) doesn’t count under Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

The above rules are not applicable for FSWC program, means you can claim work experience points while studying full time if your study and work are OUTSIDE Canada. I have claimed Full time study and Part time work for the same period in UK. You can claim full time study and full time work for the same period if they were in India but you will be classified as FSW applicant not CEC applicant.