Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
I am creating this topic hoping it will help someone who searches for this on this forum because I found a ton of misinformation here on this topic.

I am a CEC Inland candidate who received PPR - in two months no less - declaring just one year of Canadian work experience. Of which, 7 months was during implied status where I was waiting for my PGWP to be approved.

Details

Started Masters deg in Canada - September 2013
Finished Course requirements - May 13, 2015 (I got an official letter from University of Toronto stating that I have completed my course requirements as on that date. This letter was required for PGWP)

Applied for PGWP - May 16, 2015 (at the time I had a valid study permit and Off campus work permit valid till July 1, 2015)

Started work - June 15, 2015

On July 1, 2015 - my permits expired and my implied status began

January 15, 2016 - Quit job

February 2016 - Issued PGWP (Major delay caused because CIC had some payment issues at the time - I wont get into details but it was a harrowing experience for me)

I went back home for a bit during my free time.

Started working again - June 2016 till date

ITA date: Jan 11, 2017
AOR date: Jan 17, 2017

For CEC, I used my work experience from June 15, 2015 to Jan 15, 2016 - 7 months and June 2016 till Dec 2016 - 6 months.

Clearly half of it was under implied status. I just put an LOE explaining that I was under implied status for my first job because I started work after

1. I finished my course requirements
2. I applied for PGWP after finishing course requirements AND before expiry of study permit

I didn't get a single question from CIC during my PR process.

In case you need more official proof, see this Government of Canada page and scroll down to point (w) which cannot get more clearer

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html

TLDR: Implied status is perfectly valid. Just write a letter mentioning that so and so work from so and so period is implied

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
lifein360 said:
I am creating this topic hoping it will help someone who searches for this on this forum because I found a ton of misinformation here on this topic.

I am a CEC Inland candidate who received PPR - in two months no less - declaring just one year of Canadian work experience. Of which, 7 months was during implied status where I was waiting for my PGWP to be approved.

Details

Started Masters deg in Canada - September 2013
Finished Course requirements - May 13, 2015 (I got an official letter from University of Toronto stating that I have completed my course requirements as on that date. This letter was required for PGWP)

Applied for PGWP - May 16, 2015 (at the time I had a valid study permit and Off campus work permit valid till July 1, 2015)

Started work - June 15, 2015

On July 1, 2015 - my permits expired and my implied status began

January 15, 2016 - Quit job

February 2016 - Issued PGWP (Major delay caused because CIC had some payment issues at the time - I wont get into details but it was a harrowing experience for me)

I went back home for a bit during my free time.

Started working again - June 2016 till date

ITA date: Jan 11, 2017
AOR date: Jan 17, 2017

For CEC, I used my work experience from June 15, 2015 to Jan 15, 2016 - 7 months and June 2016 till Dec 2016 - 6 months.

Clearly half of it was under implied status. I just put an LOE explaining that I was under implied status for my first job because I started work after

1. I finished my course requirements
2. I applied for PGWP after finishing course requirements AND before expiry of study permit

I didn't get a single question from CIC during my PR process.

In case you need more official proof, see this Government of Canada page and scroll down to point (w) which cannot get more clearer

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html
awesome lifein360, that really helpful

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
@lifein360 I am literally in a the exact same boat. I applied for my PGWP in May 2015 and started working like literally the next day. It was the same time you are talking about the delays with PGWP so I had 4 months of experience under implied status (I got my PGWP in October). I claimed those 4 months as valid job experience in my application, and submitted my PR application on January 2017. Literally 2 months and 6 days later I had my PPR email in my inbox. They did not ask any questions in regards to my job experience and whether it was valid under implied status.

+1 for you for helping others! :D

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
moelaghil said:
@lifein360 I am literally in a the exact same boat. I applied for my PGWP in May 2015 and started working like literally the next day. It was the same time you are talking about the delays with PGWP so I had 4 months of experience under implied status (I got my PGWP in October). I claimed those 4 months as valid job experience in my application, and submitted my PR application on January 2017. Literally 2 months and 6 days later I had my PPR email in my inbox. They did not ask any questions in regards to my job experience and whether it was valid under implied status.

+1 for you for helping others! :D
Yeah, it was during the time when CIC due to technical error charged $155 instead of $255. In bloody December 2015, they ask me for the remaining $100 and I uploaded the receipt immediately. yet for some reason they claimed they never got it and put my application on hold. Many calls with unhelpful agents forced me to approach my local MP. She gratefully intervened and the issue was immediately resolved in January 2016. Feb I got my PGWP. It was such a bad time with me chasing those idiots on the phone who kept saying "Please wait 4 more weeks for officer to address your issue". The four weeks kept extending every time i called them.

So far with PR no issues with a fairly quick PPR, but I wont rest until i land and get PR card lol.

Anyway, I remember searching implied status here and saw everyone chiming in with all sorts of random information in various threads created between 2015-2016. Finally a senior member PMed me with this information and how he got PR with implied work experience. So I am hoping to make this public and it can be visible whenever someone has the same questions I had at one point of time.

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi, lifein360. first of all, I'd like to thank you so much for taking your time to write this article and save lots of people's lives (including mine)

I received my PGWP before my study permit expired but was wondering the time I was waiting for my PGWP still counts towards CEC.

here is my timeline
study permit and off campus work permit were valid until July 31, 2016
finished school on Apr 22, 2016
applied for PGWP on May 15, 2016
PGWP approved on June 7, 2016
continued to work at the same place
(before school finished-part time
after school finished(right after apr 22)-full time

in my case, my implied status began on May 15, 2016 (even my study permit was still alive)
so can I count my weeks and hours since then towards CEC?
just a little different from your case but wanted to make sure I am on the right track :D

just one more thing to clarify,
I started to work full time right after school finished. would the time between school completed and applied for pgwp be considered transition time which I could be eligible to work full time?

Much thanks!