30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi,

Is the work experience while working on implied status counted towards the eligibility requirement under CEC?

Thanks is advance.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check point# 10 in the docs checklist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.pdf

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello astasi, Good that you started this topic. I am sure there are many applicants with this condition.

Would like to get more inputs from senior members.

Hello Yahoo7, Can you be little more specific : which one you are talking about in point # 10? THX____

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The point # 10 "Work experience in Canada" where it says that "Applicants who are authorized to work in Canada without a WP are eligible to apply under the CEC"

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello Senior members,

Appreciate if you can provide your inputs regarding this:

Is the work experience while working on implied status counted towards the eligibility requirement under CEC?

Do we need to provide any supporting documents to show the 'Implied Status'? THX____

buffbutters

Jan 25, 2013
I'm on similar situation too. I had a period of 3-4 months under implied status working while waiting for positive LMO to renew my PGWP. I have just read from one of the threads that someone got rejected due to implied status was not recognized by CIC to count towards the work experience. This is really worrying me. I did not travel while on implied status. I kept working and finally got my LMO and extension to my working permit after 3-4 months of implied status. Any advise on this?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
buffbutters said:
I'm on similar situation too. I had a period of 3-4 months under implied status working while waiting for positive LMO to renew my PGWP. I have just read from one of the threads that someone got rejected due to implied status was not recognized by CIC to count towards the work experience. This is really worrying me. I did not travel while on implied status. I kept working and finally got my LMO and extension to my working permit after 3-4 months of implied status. Any advise on this?
If you actually meet the definition of "implied status" then, yes, the work experience will (should) count (it's not impossible for a VO to make a mistake). But a lot of people misunderstand "implied status" and work when they area actually not...

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello jes_ON,

Thanks for the confirmation..Do we need to provide any documentation to show our 'Implied Status'...CIC suppose to have that information in their systems right?

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Hi IMMI,

Can you clarify your situation? If you applied for an extension of a permit before losing status on your previous one, you have implied status. If this is what your situation is, then you are fine, and there is no proof you have to show for it.

On the other hand, if you lost your status, any work you did with an expired permit would be illegal unless you had applied for an extension prior to losing status.

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Yeah...My employer applied for WP extension before my previous WP got expired...I was on 'Implied status' atleast for 4 months until I got my new WP. Thanks for your confirmation..so, my understanding is correct. Don't need to send anything regarding 'Implied Status'. THX___

ellamavanseyal

Aug 22, 2013
Hi

i just found this old topic. Is there any one within the thread (who applied for PR under CEC, while they were on work permit implied status)got their PR. Please share in your experience. I am on the same scenario, i have just filed for my PR under CEC and my 1 yr experience includes my work experience during implied status

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
lithium002 said:
Hi IMMI,

Can you clarify your situation? If you applied for an extension of a permit before losing status on your previous one, you have implied status. If this is what your situation is, then you are fine, and there is no proof you have to show for it.

On the other hand, if you lost your status, any work you did with an expired permit would be illegal unless you had applied for an extension prior to losing status.
lithium002 and jes_on

I am also in the same boat and I have 19 days of work experience in Implied status.

Applied for PGWP: Nov 8 2012
Off-Campus WP expired on: 30 Nov 2012
PGWP Received: 19 Dec 2013
Job Started: Nov 26 2012 (Finished my 1 year yesterday if you count implied status)

The fact that I applied for my PGWP before my off-campus was expired means that my Implied status is legal..
Do you think I can still apply and my 19 days of work experience in implied status will be counted ?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
There is a recent thread on here, perhaps someone remembers where it is.

The applicant was rejected for CEC because their work during implied status was not counted by the processing officer, and they did not reach the 12 month mark without it. The comments were along the lines of "work done without the proper authorization doesn't count". There was some debate about whether the officer made an error, whether the applicant was mistaken about being on implied status for that time, etc.

In theory it should count, as implied status is not "unauthorized".

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
LPS said:
There is a recent thread on here, perhaps someone remembers where it is.

The applicant was rejected for CEC because their work during implied status was not counted by the processing officer, and they did not reach the 12 month mark without it. The comments were along the lines of "work done without the proper authorization doesn't count". There was some debate about whether the officer made an error, whether the applicant was mistaken about being on implied status for that time, etc.

In theory it should count, as implied status is not "unauthorized".
LPS,

If my memory serves me, I think the applicant's work permit renewal application had been denied, but he had not received correspondence until he contacted the CIC call center. There was then a dispute over what the actual date of expiry of the applicant's implied status (the day of actual refusal, or the day he spoke with the CIC call center).

I think that if the work permit renewal is approved, then the implied status should count.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
agree with spookyb - the applicant whose time was disallowed applied to extend without an LMO (to try and gain a couple of extra months). The work permit was not approved, and so the implied status was not counted.

Technically, that applicant was on implied status, so the refusal to accept it was a bit of a surprise. I expect you'll see that little loophole officially close in the near future.

If you have a legitimate application to extend (in which case it will probably be approved), then I believe the time on implied status will "count." If you are worried about it you can always write an explanation (if you have proof of the date of application etc).