+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience documents verification for immigration??

rick86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
I am applying for Canadian Immigration. I wanna know that how does Immigration authorities verify work experience related documents. Do they call your comapany to verify. Do they personally visit job locations specified. how does they know wheather the company is registered or not etc please help on this?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rick86 said:
I am applying for Canadian Immigration. I wanna know that how does Immigration authorities verify work experience related documents. Do they call your comapany to verify. Do they personally visit job locations specified. how does they know wheather the company is registered or not etc please help on this?
1. CHC verify the work experince by telephone calls ( mostly ) as well as personal visit ( in few cases ).
2. Somtimes they ask for registration of the company. In some cases they had declined immigration application on the ground that the company / firm is not registered.
3. It is never a good idea to use fake documents.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
rick86 said:
HI,
Verifications of company registration could be done by Calling your employer/ visiting work place/employer's tax payments records/ contacting department of private business registration or similar departments where companies are registered. Work experiences verifications could also be done by calling your employer or visiting work place. I am not sure if they really bother doing all these.
Wait for seniors suggestions.

Ice cube

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ice Cube said:
HI,
Verifications of company registration could be done by Calling your employer/ visiting work place/employer's tax payments records/ contacting department of private business registration or similar departments where companies are registered. Work experiences verifications could also be done by calling your employer or visiting work place. I am not sure if they really bother doing all these.
Wait for seniors suggestions.

Ice cube
Seniors / other members are requested to send more comments.....

I m shock to know that how can they track employer's income tax records....Is it really possible?

Employee has put the file for visa. Embassy should track the documents for employee, Why they check documents of employers or company....

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
visaexpert4indians said:
Seniors / other members are requested to send more comments.....

I m shock to know that how can they track employer's income tax records....Is it really possible?

Employee has put the file for visa. Embassy should track the documents for employee, Why they check documents of employers or company....
Hi
Well, Embassy "could " ..(not should )track employers' registration by investigating their tax payments or ...otherways. I do not think the CHC would really bother doing all that than just smiply rejecting any experiences claimed under companies which do not have any records of existance in the business.
ICE CUBE

Reactions: RayGodwin

prioin

Apr 7, 2010
India
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/10/2009
File Transfer...
30/12/2009
Med's Request
31/05/2010
Med's Done....
26/06/2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31/05/2010
VISA ISSUED...
yessssssss ........
LANDED..........
31/10/2010
I had this stated in my EcAS
"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 29, 2010."
After which I was happy that I may just get my medicals.
But last Tuesday I received a call first to my office then me and from there to my reporting officer.
Well they asked a lot of things about my work exp, what it I come to office etc.
They also asked about the turnover of the company hoe may employees are there etc.
well all the place at my office and my reporting officer didnt disclose any personal details as turnover or salary etc .
they said that it cannot be disclosed on phone and if needed send someone to office.
So now I dont know what is going to happen as was these statement taken positively or not.
and also why why did I get a enquiry after the above statement.just would like to get a expert advice
regards
prioin

Reactions: Ylover207

Mitz08

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Where are you from? What CHC office you refer to?

prioin said:
I had this stated in my EcAS
"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 29, 2010."
After which I was happy that I may just get my medicals.
But last Tuesday I received a call first to my office then me and from there to my reporting officer.
Well they asked a lot of things about my work exp, what it I come to office etc.
They also asked about the turnover of the company hoe may employees are there etc.
well all the place at my office and my reporting officer didnt disclose any personal details as turnover or salary etc .
they said that it cannot be disclosed on phone and if needed send someone to office.
So now I dont know what is going to happen as was these statement taken positively or not.
and also why why did I get a enquiry after the above statement.just would like to get a expert advice
regards
prioin

prioin

Apr 7, 2010
India
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/10/2009
File Transfer...
30/12/2009
Med's Request
31/05/2010
Med's Done....
26/06/2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31/05/2010
VISA ISSUED...
yessssssss ........
LANDED..........
31/10/2010
I am from India CHC New delhi

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calling employer and verifying details are common for New Delhi CHC

If your job duties that you claimes including number of hours that you work in a week and your employment duration were verified by HR/BOSS then you have nothing to worry

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
rick86 said:
VO/IO are very sharp. they can assess you on the basis of documentation you provided. Now a days everything is on internt. Just do one hing type your name in Google. You will find the results.

In my case I am sure, there was no BAckground or Employer checks. If u worked in reputed organsisations, Blue Chip Companies, they can easily check the facts with the reference letters u provided.

Now a days lot of calls coming on our cells for personal loans, credit cards, insurance policies, donations etc etc... may be they can check this way...

;D

Reactions: Uvr

prioin

Apr 7, 2010
India
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/10/2009
File Transfer...
30/12/2009
Med's Request
31/05/2010
Med's Done....
26/06/2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31/05/2010
VISA ISSUED...
yessssssss ........
LANDED..........
31/10/2010
Thanks,
Well one more thing when I asked my Reporting office he said that they didnt tell where they where calling form they said "media" that is what he said.
That is the reason why my RP didnt disclose any details but it is ok, I suppose?
What next can happen any guesss.
Thanks anyway for your response.
regards
prioin

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
prioin said:
Thanks,
Well one more thing when I asked my Reporting office he said that they didnt tell where they where calling form they said "media" that is what he said.
That is the reason why my RP didnt disclose any details but it is ok, I suppose?
What next can happen any guesss.
Thanks anyway for your response.
regards
prioin
Hi,
That was unacceptable and if they did not identify themself, you do not have to worry for anything.
Good luck

aarons3026

Nov 9, 2009
how good the case becomes if one is a government employee. also if the website has details of the employee, does it help the IO in verifying the experience.
i am asking this query in the context of a government servant working in a government department.
but the lacunae as is in the case of government depts, is that the reference letters are not given exactly as in the format recommended by CIC

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rick86 said:
Hi,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada & Canadian High Commission have proper procedures to verify the work experience/other factors of the applicant under the Background check stage. When an applicant submits the application, it has very clear instructions that it will be subject to verification. Every Local Visa office has its own style of working but usually will have similar basics.

Usually the documents which are provided by the applicant are scrutinized by the visa officer. It is up to the visa officer that how the V/O wants to take it ahead. If the documents looks little fishy, the V/O can check for companies existence by using many sources like

- companies websites,
- direct phone calls to the applicant to check whether he works in that office or not and to take telephonic interview,
- calling the signatory on the letters,
- Or calling the office board to speak with the HR department or other such departments.

They can also make visits to the applicants work place by taking appointments or without taking appointments.

If documents are not sufficient to prove the claims made by the applicant then CHC can ask for more proof like payslips, tax returns (If applicable), and other important documents.

There is no set timeframe for background check. Its duration can be affected by such factors as military service, foreign trips, membership in political organizations. It takes as much time as it requires.

Taken from website : immigration1services.com/engweb/questions5.htm

prioin

Apr 7, 2010
India
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/10/2009
File Transfer...