+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal Application/ Re-applying ? Again Non-routine dlay processing?

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Hi,

My question is, after withdrawal of current application which is under CJ hearing, If I apply again well above number of days 4/6 under new Rule as eligible; are there again chances of the delay due to "non routine"or new CIT form. I know for sure mine may come again under " non-routine" due to finger print due to the name. Due to this I wanted to wait for either trying to convince or either get rejection answer but the time is an essence. I saw atleast one or two candidates whose applications were rejected and they were fast. But haven't heard anyone who withdraw before CJ hearing and the possible processing outcome. Would like to know any thoughts about if it would again go for 3 years due to the " non routine".

I was contemplating withdrawal as had applied under old rule with self declared less number of days. After passing the test waiting more than 6 months but no trace of CJ hearing. Had been in touch with secretary of the citizenship Minister who belongs to the same riding where I live. Same response wait- NO TIME FRAME. I guess they are helpless in front of the bureaucrats also. Also recent cases of few rejections such as that of #egyo even though accompanied by lawyer and other under judicial review are really discouraging. Never thought this would be the case after the new government. Liberals are only interested trying to create new vote bank with Syrian refugees ignoring the long lived ones. I personally know one PR person for more than 25 years and still the application under process for more than 2 years now.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Under the old rules when someone made a withdrawal very often ended up again with RQ for that reason, hence again non-routine.

The problem now is that there is no way for us as a general public to know whether this is still effective reason for a delay under the active internal bulletins of operations they use at the moment.
Very often these bulletins have been modified, many have expired.
The big question is which are the current active Operational Bulletins and what do they contend. Of course this will not be available to the general public.

Very difficult decision indeed, because there is no real deadlines for them to follow, which is probably the biggest problem among all.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Politren said:
Under the old rules when someone made a withdrawal very often ended up again with RQ for that reason, hence again non-routine.

The problem now is that there is no way for us as a general public to know whether this is still effective reason for a delay under the active internal bulletins of operations they use at the moment.
Very often these bulletins have been modified, many have expired.
The big question is which are the current active Operational Bulletins and what do they contend. Of course this will not be available to the general public.

Very difficult decision indeed, because there is no real deadlines for them to follow, which is probably the biggest problem among all.
In the cic website it mentions, fingerprint invitation becomes " non- routine " application.
In this case, even if I assume that withdrawal is not triggering the RQ; I know for sure due to name fingerprint would be invited. So again non-routine and then wait 3 years... really tough deicision whether to wait for CJ; even if they reject once; they know the reason of rejection; so again if I apply due to non- routine may end up processing faster, I really don't know what should I do at this stage whether to risk withdrawal at this juncture?
Anyone who withdrew with non-routine and again reapplied? Any suggestions, please it would help me to decide.
CJ hearing no time frame- even in RQ mentions no Time frame and under Queue.
During my wife's citizenship ceremony had met one guy and asked him. He gave imprression wait it would be 3 months you will hear.. but now the wait is becoming endless.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Exports said:
In the cic website it mentions, fingerprint invitation becomes " non- routine " application.
In this case, even if I assume that withdrawal is not triggering the RQ; I know for sure due to name fingerprint would be invited. So again non-routine and then wait 3 years... really tough deicision whether to wait for CJ; even if they reject once; they know the reason of rejection; so again if I apply due to non- routine may end up processing faster, I really don't know what should I do at this stage whether to risk withdrawal at this juncture?
Anyone who withdrew with non-routine and again reapplied? Any suggestions, please it would help me to decide.
CJ hearing no time frame- even in RQ mentions no Time frame and under Queue.
During my wife's citizenship ceremony had met one guy and asked him. He gave imprression wait it would be 3 months you will hear.. but now the wait is becoming endless.
Withdrawing application stating you realized that you were ineligible due insufficient required number of days is absolutely legit reason. I'm not sure if "Withdrawing and Re-applying after becoming eligible" would still render your application as "Non-Routine" and drag for 36 + months.

Even if CIC asked for FP, I dont think its serious as ineligibility concerns and does not need the Hearing with Citizenship Judge, which normally taking well over 36+ months.

Under the new rules, candidate must have minimum 1460 physical days presence in the last 6 years, send completed application with all attachments. At least you are meeting the required eligibility criteria which is major road block you are clearing.

Lately, we have noticed candidates who were asked for FP by the CIC, when responded got processed in 4-6 weeks. So, its not a big deal. However wait till you have extra few weeks / couple of months over 1460 days to re-apply. If allowed or permissible send FP too as preemptive measure along with application.

Well, again its my personal opinion each candidate knows his/her situation better to take appropriate action.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exports, I reckon they will refer to your full RQ and fingerprints you have submitted in your current application if you will decide to withdraw and re-apply.
Your RQ was due to self declared short physical presence so when you will re-apply with lot of days you should NOT get a full RQ for sure.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Exports, Withdraw and reapply , now they have much better internal business channels so in your situation overall it will be faster process.
One very important tip from me: Make absolutely sure that you declare all your absences from Canada with the precise dates because now they have access to the Exits from the major airports too.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Thanks canadiandesi2006, politren and Highfive!
I am Well over 1460 in fact more than 1520 + days. Great input about the exit from different airports- I had more than 3 or 4 countries visited in one time and I was told by Cic to just note the first country and then follow up with other countries details. So I am in process to get atleast the major exits from country such as the one in Middle East. Also will collect all related documents such as medical records and match the CBSA entry exit records this time. I will keep all the docs ready to be ready to reapply.
I was just worried, whenever I called the call centre they said only one thing that if u have received finger print just wait; no further question as I was told it is non routine and wait 36 months. That's why was bit worried, can't imagine to wait another 35 months only.
But ur input that many Hv got earlier in 5-6 months despite fingerprint is encouraging.

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi Politren,

I note your comment that CIC have access to Entry/ Exit from major airports! On what basis you think they have that access? I was asked to get my entry/ exit from every country I have been to many of which are EU major airports. I am just keen and doubtful thatt they have any access at all. Please correct me with some sources or reasons why you think they have such access!

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
dabas said:
Hi Politren,

I note your comment that CIC have access to Entry/ Exit from major airports! On what basis you think they have that access? I was asked to get my entry/ exit from every country I have been to many of which are EU major airports. I am just keen and doubtful thatt they have any access at all. Please correct me with some sources or reasons why you think they have such access!
Hi
Under the new rules they have the entry and exits from the major airports in Canada.
When you go on the date of your departure from Canada and take your boarding card, there is a person who scans your boarding card before the security zone of the airport. That scanning record is automatically recorded as exit date at the CBSA database.
Under the new rules CIC has access to that exit database.
Before they had information only for the entries like the currently distributed version from CBSA when someone from the general public orders it.

Last time when I came back to Canada a CBSA officer was kind enough to explain all those new improvements , because I was questioning him why nobody wants to stamp my passport with entry Canadian stamp at Pearson. When he saw my printed copy from the automated clearance machines of my declaration card he told me that this is absolutely enough and entry stamps are not needed anymore when we use the machines , because the machine creates the electronic entry record. This is why they don't stamp the passports of the citizens and PRs.

The machine is much faster and secure method.

They don't have access to the entry exit record from airports located abroad. Only from Canadian major airports.

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
To Exports,

When was your interview with the CO, I am asking because I am also in Montreal office around teh same time and facing pretty much the same issues i.e not sure how withdrawing my application will bear on my new application in future when I am certain I satisfy the RO.

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Politren said:
Hi
Under the new rules they have the entry and exits from the major airports in Canada.
When you go on the date of your departure from Canada and take your boarding card, there is a person who scans your boarding card before the security zone of the airport. That scanning record is automatically recorded as exit date at the CBSA database.
Under the new rules CIC has access to that exit database.
Before they had information only for the entries like the currently distributed version from CBSA when someone from the general public orders it.

Last time when I came back to Canada a CBSA officer was kind enough to explain all those new improvements , because I was questioning him why nobody wants to stamp my passport with entry Canadian stamp at Pearson. When he saw my printed copy from the automated clearance machines of my declaration card he told me that this is absolutely enough and entry stamps are not needed anymore when we use the machines , because the machine creates the electronic entry record. This is why they don't stamp the passports of the citizens and PRs.

The machine is much faster and secure method.

They don't have access to the entry exit record from airports located abroad. Only from Canadian major airports.

Thanks for this. Would this mean that next time I request CBSA, they will give Exit Dates alongside Entry dates? I very much doubt it because the official material confirm they only keep Exit on border crossing since April 2013.. please clarify..

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
dabas said:
Thanks for this. Would this mean that next time I request CBSA, they will give Exit Dates alongside Entry dates? I very much doubt it because the official material confirm they only keep Exit on border crossing since April 2013.. please clarify..
If someone from the general public orders CBSA travels records he/she will not see the exit database from the Canadian airports on that report. The general public always gets the skimmed version of what they actually have.
The exit database from the airports is available to CIC by the enhanced sharing business channels between CIC and CBSA which are available only for those who have applied under the new rules. Only under the new rules CIC has direct access to that information.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
dabas said:
To Exports,

When was your interview with the CO, I am asking because I am also in Montreal office around teh same time and facing pretty much the same issues i.e not sure how withdrawing my application will bear on my new application in future when I am certain I satisfy the RO.
My office is Scarborough. Given the test in August 15 in Mississauga and the application being processed since May 13. File kept on moving between st. Claire/ Montreal / Missisauga and now finally Scarborough. No time frame given yet about the CJ hearing..

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Thanks Politren,

That Exit record is now available to CIC, was it announced anywhere? can you refer me to any source please. This will be great in that it will put an end to the burden of proof, fraud attempts, requests for travel movements etc.

If Exit record is now being held, this must be made public in a country like Canada where the rule of law is fundemental..
I know some EU countries introduced accurate Exit records but was announced several times..

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Hi,
I just asked today CIC call center about the exit record, they said CIC never records exit and departure of people from Canada, also there is no such official announcement for that.