+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2021 Intake: Student Visa

Vishwa1994

Jun 26, 2020
Guys, what's your application status?
Mine is saying:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Just saw I had a ghost update a few days ago and eligibility review changed. But that's it. I think it changed at around August 10.
Mine is exactly the same. Applied on 3rd June. Nothing after that.

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Do you know what’s the difference between “ progressing” and “ reviewing”?
From what i could tell from people explaining the application stages, when it's about eligibility, reviewing is a stage after processing. But then it stays like that forever.
Refer to this thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

Even though it's about EE it could shed a light to understand what to expect on your updates. From there, I could tell that I had a ghost update. But things could be really different since pandemic and all that stuff.

TFTXMJ

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
From what i could tell from people explaining the application stages, when it's about eligibility, reviewing is a stage after processing. But then it stays like that forever.
Refer to this thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

Even though it's about EE it could shed a light to understand what to expect on your updates. From there, I could tell that I had a ghost update. But things could be really different since pandemic and all that stuff.
I know the reviewing can last for months but at least you got updates! Do you think our results would come out before Sept 15?

Reactions: HopelessBR

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
I know the reviewing can last for months but at least you got updates! Do you think our results would come out before Sept 15?
I have no idea.. brazilian applications are stuck since aug 6 from what i saw people receiving their AIPs. Since then, I saw no one here getting updates. But let's hope for the best, at least we won't be waiting for 8 or 9 months long (I hope so)

Reactions: Taimoor rana

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
I submitted my application for Winter’21 intake as in-Canada applicant on 30th July and got study permit approved today.
A brazilian guy received his AIP in about 1 week because his application was also inland. He applied on june 30 and got his AIP on july 6 I think. Congrats!

Reactions: spandey0789

TFTXMJ

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
I have no idea.. brazilian applications are stuck since aug 6 from what i saw people receiving their AIPs. Since then, I saw no one here getting updates. But let's hope for the best, at least we won't be waiting for 8 or 9 months long (I hope so)
I hope so too.. it seems like for now they only deal with in-Canada applications fast

Reactions: HopelessBR

jimmyM

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Guys, what's your application status?
Mine is saying:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Just saw I had a ghost update a few days ago and eligibility review changed. But that's it. I think it changed at around August 10.
When did you submit your application?

tanxa

Jun 29, 2020
Hello everyone, I applied in April from the US for the first time and got my biometric done in July, but received refusal letter on the next day. Now I deferred my session to Jan2021. Submitted my second application two days ago. So for Jan2021 intakes, we will not receive AIP right? The decision will be simply approved or refused?
Hi, what is your status when you first applied for your SP? F1/OPT/H1B? And what do you think is the reason that caused the refusal? I'm applying for Jan 2021 as well (from the US). Thank you!