+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2021 Intake: Student Visa

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Applied on Aug 7th for study permit for Jan 2021. Non-SDS from India. Realised I forgot to add some info, have sent updated PDF via IRCC form. Hope they update.
Dis they send you an email confirming they received your pdf? Thank you

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Dis they send you an email confirming they received your pdf? Thank you
I had sent it with a Google Drive link pasted in the web form because the PDF was larger than 2 MB permitted to be attached. Got a reply back in 4 days saying I need to attach and send it, which I did on the same day after compressing the PDF to 2 MB. 5 days have passed since then without a reply. I hope they update.

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
i know people who applied for winter intake on June 30 and already received their AIP on august 6, no biometrics nor medicals given. So, apparently AIP is not only for fall semester applicants.
I applied on july 24 for jan 2021 intake but no updates till now.

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020
i know people who applied for winter intake on June 30 and already received their AIP on august 6, no biometrics nor medicals given. So, apparently AIP is not only for fall semester applicants.
I applied on july 24 for jan 2021 intake but no updates till now.

Hi, Did your medical status got updated on the portal and you are from which country?

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Hi, Did your medical status got updated on the portal and you are from which country?
I'm from Brazil, I neither gave biometrics nor medicals, I'm still waiting for them to request my medicals though. Actually, I have no updates since I applied (I only have the biometrics request)

Mohit__

Apr 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone's doing great. I'm in the middle of applying for student permit for Winter 2021. Just wanted how much fund do I need to show in case I have been given financial assistance.

My overall tuition+administration+student union+medical/dental insurance (offered by university) is CA$ 12,945.

I have been awarded financial support/funding of CA$ 17,000 per year by the department. My letter of acceptance states this amount being guaranteed for first year and normally renewable for second year as well (my course is a two years masters).

I know that applicant need can show GIC of CA$ 10,000 covering living expenses for the first year.

My queries are:

- How much funds do I have to show considering the financial assistance given by the university?

- Do I have to purchase GIC of CA$10,000 twice because the proposed course of studies is 2 years?

- Do I have to just show tuition fee and not the other fees (administration/medical/dental insurance fee)?

Thank you very much for your help in this case.
From which course and University you got the Offer?

Reactions: deni2020

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone's doing great. I'm in the middle of applying for student permit for Winter 2021. Just wanted how much fund do I need to show in case I have been given financial assistance.

My overall tuition+administration+student union+medical/dental insurance (offered by university) is CA$ 12,945.

I have been awarded financial support/funding of CA$ 17,000 per year by the department. My letter of acceptance states this amount being guaranteed for first year and normally renewable for second year as well (my course is a two years masters).

I know that applicant need can show GIC of CA$ 10,000 covering living expenses for the first year.

My queries are:

- How much funds do I have to show considering the financial assistance given by the university?

- Do I have to purchase GIC of CA$10,000 twice because the proposed course of studies is 2 years?

- Do I have to just show tuition fee and not the other fees (administration/medical/dental insurance fee)?

Thank you very much for your help in this case.

12,945CAD per year or per semester? Which university?

Chakravarty

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Applied on Aug 7th for study permit for Jan 2021. Non-SDS from India. Realised I forgot to add some info, have sent updated PDF via IRCC form. Hope they update.
Hi I have also applied for my study permit for Jan 2021.Have u completed your biometric.I checked the processing time.Its showing 19 weeks now