+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

soh.aa

Jan 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing well.

I am planning to apply for SDS visa and I will pay one-year fees and will also make the GIC Certificate before filing of visa. Following is my question regarding the extra financial documents which I want to provide.

1. I will not be able to show a bank statement as all the money will be used in one-year fees and GIC Certificate, but I can show the valuation certificate of the properties owned by my parents and also the saving certificates owned by me and my parents. Will it be enough or I must have to show the bank statement.

2. Also, showing saving certificates owned by me is enough to show my ties to the country?

3. My brother is in New Zealand for almost 4-5 years (first study visa then working), will that affect my visa?

Thanks in advance.

KhanZi

Jan 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply for SDS visa and I will pay one-year fees and will also make the GIC Certificate before filing of visa. Following is my question regarding the extra financial documents which I want to provide.

1. I will not be able to show a bank statement as all the money will be used in one-year fees and GIC Certificate, but I can show the valuation certificate of the properties owned by my parents and also the saving certificates owned by me and my parents. Will it be enough or I must have to show the bank statement.

2. Also, showing saving certificates owned by me is enough to show my ties to the country?

3. My brother is in New Zealand for almost 4-5 years (first study visa then working), will that affect my visa?

Thanks in advance.
Hi.. sorry dont have the answer to your query but just wanted to let you know alot of students have applied for SDS and there is NO response.. so be aware that if you apply, there is no timeline.. and i mean no response for months ..

Reactions: Zohaib_tarrar20

rohail256

Oct 21, 2020
How many months is it taking nowadays?
People who applied in July aug are waiting for any update on their profile after deferring September to January intake but still there is nothing, if you have strong profile and want to apply for next intake I would suggest go for non-sds and if you’re planning for September intake then you can take chance through SDS

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.
1) You dont need bank statements if you have GIC and yes show all the evaluation certs you have.
2)That totally depends on the Visa Officer, uploading evaluation certs definitely will help but there is no guarantee.
3)does not matter, both of my sisters were canadian citizens and my brother was in canada on work visa when i applied and still got visa.
make sure you spend most of your time writing a good SOP and be very clear about your Goals in canada and your plans after returning back to PAK
Also it helps if you state in your SOP that you understand the IRCC requirements and would never work illegally or stay beyond the limit of your Study Permit and visa
hope that helps

DKShu

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
My timeline:
Upfront Medical: 17th August
Applied 24th August
Biometric 28th August
3 November: Medical Request
4 November: Sent the medical sheet through the webform.
18 November: Medical Passed
18 November: Eligibility Review Started
14 December: Background Check Started
19th January: AIP

No update after this.

Hassan syed

Nov 29, 2020
Please reply... .....
1. My consultant suggest me you can apply without ielts for canada study for 2 years diploma but before dimpola you will complete 1 year ESL course in canada. Is it true?
2. After study , can I apply for PR on the base of ESL course .
Will no one ask me for Ielts when I apply for PR.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Please reply... .....
1. My consultant suggest me you can apply without ielts for canada study for 2 years diploma but before dimpola you will complete 1 year ESL course in canada. Is it true?
2. After study , can I apply for PR on the base of ESL course .
Will no one ask me for Ielts when I apply for PR.
Your consultant is BSing..
It is true you can apply for visa without ielts but mentioning that you are going to canada for ESL course basically turns your chances for approval to zero
No you cannot apply for PR just on the basis of ESL course PR is only for those who have worked on post graduate work permit after getting masters or bachelors degree ESL isn't either of those
In any case PR applicants have to give general IELTS exam anyway
Your consultant is after your money

Reactions: usman_1986

Tik tAK toK

Feb 2, 2021
1) You dont need bank statements if you have GIC and yes show all the evaluation certs you have.
2)That totally depends on the Visa Officer, uploading evaluation certs definitely will help but there is no guarantee.
3)does not matter, both of my sisters were canadian citizens and my brother was in canada on work visa when i applied and still got visa.
make sure you spend most of your time writing a good SOP and be very clear about your Goals in canada and your plans after returning back to PAK
Also it helps if you state in your SOP that you understand the IRCC requirements and would never work illegally or stay beyond the limit of your Study Permit and visa
hope that helps
So I have a question. I also have my sister who is in canada on PR. Can I show a letter from her that she will be providing me accommodation for 2 years. Or it will have a negative empact.?
i am getting mixed response.
Some say if u dont show u ll be living in ur sisters house it will look fake.
some says if you show it they ll think you dont have means to afford yourself.
I am confused. In real I ll be staying with my sister who lives alone.

Also I have an Express entry profile. and does not meet CRS score. Can I mention in the SOP that this 2 year CO op program will increase my CSR and will I can get ITA after 2 years Canadian study and Canadian work experience.?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
So I have a question. I also have my sister who is in canada on PR. Can I show a letter from her that she will be providing me accommodation for 2 years. Or it will have a negative empact.?
Keep it simple dont state that you are gonna be living with your sister..
In the application form there is a family information form as well make sure you fill that out and put all the info about your sister and other siblings there that should be good enough to make sure they dobt think you are trying to hide the faxt that your aister is a PR

Reactions: Tik tAK toK

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
No. You will not tell them that your sister is going to provide you the accommodation in Canada. Keep your file simple. If you are applying under SDS then 1 year tuition fee + GIC and means for future years education. If non-SDS then similar amount in your account + few thousand $ extra to prove your financial stability. It doesn't matter if you come and live with your family once you are in Canada. Please make sure to declare that you have siblings in Canada.

Also I have an Express entry profile. and does not meet CRS score. Can I mention in the SOP that this 2 year CO op program will increase my CSR and will I can get ITA after 2 years Canadian study and Canadian work experience.?

Last edited:

Saaad sahi

Jan 5, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have applied for my study visa via sds on 24 th november everything is updated but havent received any final decision yet my university wont allow to study after april in dont know what should i do?