+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

zeen2019

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Biometric done on 18 Aug, upfront medical, SDS. How much time will it take to process study permit? Indians are getting AIPs. Why this discrimination?
When did you submit your application itself? From what I can see, it's mostly June July and earlier ppl getting AIP's mostly. And not all of them , at that.

faisaljadoon

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
one person I knew got a refusal letter on August 20th. His case was submitted in Feb. refusal is based on that visa officer believe that he will not return after completing his course

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Two more cases got refused in last few days. Details in the sheet that is in the link of my signature.

robot83

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hello folks,

I need your expertise to advise on this, please.

I applied for a study permit for fall intake on 22 August. I received revised LOA for winter 2021 intake.

Should I raise the webform to upload the latest LOA?

faisaljadoon

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hello folks,

I need your expertise to advise on this, please.

I applied for a study permit for fall intake on 22 August. I received revised LOA for winter 2021 intake.

Should I raise the webform to upload the latest LOA?
Deferred enrolment
After a study permit application is submitted (150 days or less)
If less than 150 days have passed since the intended program start date, officers should continue to process the study permit application.

After a study permit application is submitted (more than 150 days)
If more than 150 days have passed since the intended program start date, officers should request a new letter of acceptance from the applicant to confirm if the student has deferred their enrolment to a later date. Officers should follow the instructions concerning Requests for additional documents on open applications and allow 90 days for the applicant to respond
from this link of CIC https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit.html#sec4

so in your case i would say yes you have to send new enrollment letter through web form

Reactions: robot83

robot83

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Deferred enrolment
After a study permit application is submitted (150 days or less)
If less than 150 days have passed since the intended program start date, officers should continue to process the study permit application.

After a study permit application is submitted (more than 150 days)
If more than 150 days have passed since the intended program start date, officers should request a new letter of acceptance from the applicant to confirm if the student has deferred their enrolment to a later date. Officers should follow the instructions concerning Requests for additional documents on open applications and allow 90 days for the applicant to respond
from this link of CIC https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit.html#sec4

so in your case i would say yes you have to send new enrollment letter through web form
Thank you @faisaljadoon for your detailed response. I sent new LOA through webform right away already.

faisaljadoon

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
When do you propose they might be lifted? Is there any chance before the next jan intake?
Very hard to say. As in canada kids schools will open next mont so let's see if that does not bring 2nd wave. So far Canada USA border are closed for non essential travel. So they will ease restrictions on that border first. We will have little more clarity in September