+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hey saad , i raised a webform at the start , i had to inform them about something in my application. I never got a reply for that. So after that i never raised another form as it was written there that webforms should be submitted only once. Do you get replied through an email or something? And should i submit another webform for the delay in my application?
I got a reply on my email.

I don't think so there is any issue in raising a web form for inquiring the status of your application after passing 40 days.

The one that you raised initially might have been considered unnecessary by IRCC.

Be specific this time and just inquire the status of your application.

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Submitted application on 20.Feb.2020 with Biometrics (Canada Visit visa issued in past & still valid) already in place and Upfront Medical also done.

-Since submission of application GC Key Area shows that my Biometrics are valid till year 2024 (HOWEVER, TILL DATE till date I haven't neither received any Biometrics correspondence letter and the application status still shows ...."We dont need your Biometrics..We will send you a message if this changes)
-One Ghost update after 2 days (No change in any of applications status points)
-Medical Test passed status changed to Passed status after 1 week
-Since then there is no update in any of applications status points and since beginning the 4 important areas are unchanged as follows:

-ELIGIBILITY STATUS: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
-BIOMETRICS: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
-BACK GROUND CHECK: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
-FINAL DECISION: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Wait bro till March end and let's see what comes your way.

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Just to give you guys an update, its 11th March and its been 4 months since I applied Non SDS and absolutely no update except for a standard reply they gave me when I sent them a webform that my "application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer "

In my observation and sharing my experience, no other country takes this much time in processing a study visa application. These people are either incompetent, or they purposely want applicants like myself to lose their tuition deposit given to the University for admission because of the delay in their visa application response. I would advise people to look elsewhere to UK perhaps as they are going to introduce a new policy on immigration.
Have you tried calling them? It's been 4 months, you should call and explain them your case.

Mohammad Farzanullah

Mar 10, 2020
Salam guys

I have received admission offer from Mcgill MSc Electrical Engineering for Sept 2020. The professor there will be giving a funding that will be enough to cover the tuition fees and around half of the living expenses.

I want to apply through SDS since it takes 20 days but it has requirement of both GIC and payment of one year tuition fees.

This is what Abu Dhabi immigration replied:

As there are often conditions attached to the release of a scholarships (i.e. maintaining a certain grade or average, maintaining full-time status, or staying within a certain program), we are unable to account for every condition and won’t be able to confirm whether the applicant was able to receive their scholarship after start of their program. Therefore, applicants that are recipients of scholarships are still required to submit proof of full payment of tuition for their first year.
If the applicant’s scholarship was subtracted from student’s tuition bill by the DLI,
the applicant should only show proof of payment for the tuition amount that the DLI notes as being due by the student.

Q1- Is it possible that I submit the proof of funding as an alternate to either the GIC or one year tuition fees payment? Anyone who has applied to SDS like this and received study permit?
Q2- If I apply through non sds, will the processing time be 10 weeks or can it take more time?
Q3- If I apply through SDS by submitting both GIC and one year tuition fees, and my case is transferred to non sds, will this be enough for financial credentials?

Thanks

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Salam guys

I have received admission offer from Mcgill MSc Electrical Engineering for Sept 2020. The professor there will be giving a funding that will be enough to cover the tuition fees and around half of the living expenses.

I want to apply through SDS since it takes 20 days but it has requirement of both GIC and payment of one year tuition fees.

This is what Abu Dhabi immigration replied:

As there are often conditions attached to the release of a scholarships (i.e. maintaining a certain grade or average, maintaining full-time status, or staying within a certain program), we are unable to account for every condition and won’t be able to confirm whether the applicant was able to receive their scholarship after start of their program. Therefore, applicants that are recipients of scholarships are still required to submit proof of full payment of tuition for their first year.
If the applicant’s scholarship was subtracted from student’s tuition bill by the DLI,
the applicant should only show proof of payment for the tuition amount that the DLI notes as being due by the student.

Q1- Is it possible that I submit the proof of funding as an alternate to either the GIC or one year tuition fees payment? Anyone who has applied to SDS like this and received study permit?
Q2- If I apply through non sds, will the processing time be 10 weeks or can it take more time?
Q3- If I apply through SDS by submitting both GIC and one year tuition fees, and my case is transferred to non sds, will this be enough for financial credentials?

Thanks
Hey Wsalam bro
1) no you can't do either of those things like IRCC told you even in non sds you will still need to to show funds or payment of atleast 1 year fee regardless of whether you have scholarship or not and if you have already received scholarship money and your tuition fee is paid from it like already submitted to your uni account then you can use that as proof of 1st year payment but GIC has no alternative.
2) processing times aren't fixed most application are actually processed slower than what is mentioned so i would say it wont take exactly 10 week probably longer
3) if you can submit both GIC and tuition fee proof your application will be processed under sds but i get what you are saying and the answer is no IRCC mentioned that they wont accept your tuition fee payment until after your scholarship has been received and you have paid the fee amount from it and you have the official receipt from. Your university as proof of that if you can get that i would say you only need GIC go for SDS

Mohammad Farzanullah

Mar 10, 2020
Hey Wsalam bro
1) no you can't do either of those things like IRCC told you even in non sds you will still need to to show funds or payment of atleast 1 year fee regardless of whether you have scholarship or not and if you have already received scholarship money and your tuition fee is paid from it like already submitted to your uni account then you can use that as proof of 1st year payment but GIC has no alternative.
2) processing times aren't fixed most application are actually processed slower than what is mentioned so i would say it wont take exactly 10 week probably longer
3) if you can submit both GIC and tuition fee proof your application will be processed under sds but i get what you are saying and the answer is no IRCC mentioned that they wont accept your tuition fee payment until after your scholarship has been received and you have paid the fee amount from it and you have the official receipt from. Your university as proof of that if you can get that i would say you only need GIC go for SDS
Thanks a lot for such a comprehensive reply.

It really irritates me that despite receiving funding, i will have to submit both GIC and 1 year tuition fees for SDS. Whats the point of funding then??

nevertheless, i am still confused since over here sds applicants are reporting unnecessary delays.
normal stream process seems comparatively easier and i will be saved from submitting over 20k dollars in advance.
but then normal stream can take more time. so really confused :confused:

VinnitArora123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Category........
STUDY
My Profile..
91 % - 10th (2012)
66 % - Diploma Civil (2012-2015)
66% Btech [Leet] Civil (2015-2018)[7 Backlogs - Cleared in 5 attemptes]
Job JE till date
L-7 , R-6, W and S - 6.5

Civil Engg.

Can i go for PROCESS QUALITY ENGINEERING OR PROJECT MANAGEMENT
AFTER BTECH CIVIL ENGINEERING...
I MEAN will there be any Visa issues ??? Please reply....

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020

It really irritates me that despite receiving funding, i will have to submit both GIC and 1 year tuition fees for SDS. Whats the point of funding then??

nevertheless, i am still confused since over here sds applicants are reporting unnecessary delays.
normal stream process seems comparatively easier and i will be saved from submitting over 20k dollars in advance.
Even if the sds process gets delayed its much quicker than the normal stream in pakistan. Also if youre fully funded you can easily provide proof and even if you cant you wont lose the tuition fee.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Does coronavirus have an impact on us getting our visas in pakistan? Also what about travel restrictiona to canada?
There aren't any travel restrictions yet

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019

Even if you go for non sds you will still need to show proof for that you have money to pay for 1st year fees IRCC mentioned they cant make sure you will receieve scholarship after your term start so they csnt issur visa based on that

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Guys what do you think, are 4-5 months enough for non-sds for a good profile?

VinnitArora123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Category........
STUDY
then you just need to prove that its not considered a gap
My Profile..
91 % - 10th (2012)
Job JE till date
L-7 , R-6, W and S - 6.5

Civil Engg.

is it safe to choose these courses...??

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
My Profile..
91 % - 10th (2012)
Job JE till date
L-7 , R-6, W and S - 6.5

Civil Engg.

is it safe to choose these courses...??
Ask a consultant? If nobody is replying then they probs dunno. Also find a college first cuz they dun like backlogs.