+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Besides beating the very purpose of SDS v NON-SDS and extra pre-application time + pre-application Cost + pre-application Funds taken to fulfill GIC, Fee and IELTS requirements, this waiting game is kind of painful
It seems like because of the high number of applications there is a delay on the processing time. They have their own SOP, checks and stringent policies. So, they are just following their procedure.

What's your timeline?

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Definitely Faraz. But the point is probably no one has got the complete processing within 20 calendar days yet. There might be cases, but very rare.
People have gotten visas in less than 15 days too. It's just that the volume of applications is too high since SDS is still kinda new in Pakistan, but yes you are right, most people's applications have gone beyond 20 days.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
It'a all about visa success ratio and processing time.

SDS aims to increase the number of students from different nationalities in Canada. So, you have got a very high chance of getting a visa via SDS as compared to non-SDS.

Look at the cases submitted late November, they were delayed by 2 months. And in all this scenario of COVID-19, who knows what will be the fate of study permits later this year.

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
People have gotten visas in less than 15 days too. It's just that the volume of applications is too high since SDS is still kinda new in Pakistan, but yes you are right, most people's applications have gone beyond 20 days.
Yeah, probably at the beginning of the program. I too heard about an applicant getting a visa in just 12 days. Since late November, most of the applications are facing delays.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Thanks a lot to both of you. Goodluck to you guys too

Imran Khan 1

Feb 15, 2020
It seems like because of the high number of applications there is a delay on the processing time. They have their own SOP, checks and stringent policies. So, they are just following their procedure.

What's your timeline?
Submitted application on 20.Feb.2020 with Biometrics (Canada Visit visa issued in past & still valid) already in place and Upfront Medical also done.

-Since submission of application GC Key Area shows that my Biometrics are valid till year 2024 (HOWEVER, TILL DATE till date I haven't neither received any Biometrics correspondence letter and the application status still shows ...."We dont need your Biometrics..We will send you a message if this changes)
-One Ghost update after 2 days (No change in any of applications status points)
-Medical Test passed status changed to Passed status after 1 week
-Since then there is no update in any of applications status points and since beginning the 4 important areas are unchanged as follows:

-ELIGIBILITY STATUS: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
-BIOMETRICS: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
-BACK GROUND CHECK: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
-FINAL DECISION: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

vega123

Nov 15, 2019
My Non SDS Timeline for Winter Admission MGM Royal Roads University, Victoria, BC

11 November, 2019
Online submission of application (along with spouse open work permit + 5yr old daughter as dependent visit Visa) with upfront medical

12 November, 2019
Submission of biometrics at VFS center Lahore of myself and spouse

13 November, 2019
Acknowledgment of Biometrics through email and IRCC account received

30 December, 2019
Status update showing "you have passed your medical exam" displayed my online IRCC account

11 February, 2019
Sent a webform to Abu Dhabi visa office mentioning that its been 3 months without a decision on my application and that this much time for processing an application was ridiculous

13 February, 2020
Got a reply from Abu Dhabi office that they cannot answer my query because the email I mentioned in the webform is not showing in their record. Wven though it is the same email address that I used to create and submit my IRCC GCKey and application (have double checked that) but I did mention another one of my email accounts in the filled up study permit form.

Today 18 February, 2020
No decision or update communicated till date. Still waiting for these incompetent people to give a decision.
Just to give you guys an update, its 11th March and its been 4 months since I applied Non SDS and absolutely no update except for a standard reply they gave me when I sent them a webform that my "application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer "

In my observation and sharing my experience, no other country takes this much time in processing a study visa application. These people are either incompetent, or they purposely want applicants like myself to lose their tuition deposit given to the University for admission because of the delay in their visa application response. I would advise people to look elsewhere to UK perhaps as they are going to introduce a new policy on immigration.

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Actually I have my AS Levels exams coming and theyre super hard already. Taking out time to prep for IELTS wouldnt be possible. I could try and give without prepping but i dont know if id get a good score.
the only option seemingly viable is applying normal myself first and then my brother applies in next semester
If you got an A for GCSE english you dont really have to prep. Its a really easy test so just take one practice test online so you know the layout and youll be good.

Reactions: abdlaqeel

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
If you got an A for GCSE english you dont really have to prep. Its a really easy test so just take one practice test online so you know the layout and youll be good.
Thanks

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
Just to give you guys an update, its 11th March and its been 4 months since I applied Non SDS and absolutely no update except for a standard reply they gave me when I sent them a webform that my "application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer "

In my observation and sharing my experience, no other country takes this much time in processing a study visa application. These people are either incompetent, or they purposely want applicants like myself to lose their tuition deposit given to the University for admission because of the delay in their visa application response. I would advise people to look elsewhere to UK perhaps as they are going to introduce a new policy on immigration.
What did you apply for?
Statement?
Ive heard that after medical you get visa 90% of the time, dont worry InShaAllah youll get it soon. Pls keep us updated?

saadsaeed90

Mar 4, 2020
That's what I have mentioned in my comments section:

Dear Case Processing Officer

I have submitted my application for study permit online via SDS program on 13th February 2020 and have submitted my bio-metrics on 17th February 2020 in Karachi, Pakistan. Considering that the processing time for study permits being processed under SDS program is 20 calendar days, I haven't received any decision against my application yet. I shall be thankful if you can provide an update on my application and tentative timeline for the processing of my case.

Thanks!

Regards
Saad Arif

That's what I got in response:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your E-mail.

Your application is in queue for review by an officer.

Please note that the volume of applications received and the complexity of individual applications can cause processing times to be longer in some cases. This is often due to circumstances beyond our control. We appreciate your patience and we will contact you once processing has been finalized.

We trust this information will be of assistance.

Regards,
Client Experience Team | R.A
IRCC Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Hey saad , i raised a webform at the start , i had to inform them about something in my application. I never got a reply for that. So after that i never raised another form as it was written there that webforms should be submitted only once. Do you get replied through an email or something? And should i submit another webform for the delay in my application?