+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
What did you exactly state in your WebForm comments and what was their response ...(QUOTE.....................UNQUOTE)
That's what I have mentioned in my comments section:

Dear Case Processing Officer

I have submitted my application for study permit online via SDS program on 13th February 2020 and have submitted my bio-metrics on 17th February 2020 in Karachi, Pakistan. Considering that the processing time for study permits being processed under SDS program is 20 calendar days, I haven't received any decision against my application yet. I shall be thankful if you can provide an update on my application and tentative timeline for the processing of my case.

Thanks!

Regards
Saad Arif

That's what I got in response:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your E-mail.

Your application is in queue for review by an officer.

Please note that the volume of applications received and the complexity of individual applications can cause processing times to be longer in some cases. This is often due to circumstances beyond our control. We appreciate your patience and we will contact you once processing has been finalized.

We trust this information will be of assistance.

Regards,
Client Experience Team | R.A
IRCC Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Actually I have my AS Levels exams coming and theyre super hard already. Taking out time to prep for IELTS wouldnt be possible. I could try and give without prepping but i dont know if id get a good score.
the only option seemingly viable is applying normal myself first and then my brother applies in next semester
With a background like yours, you don't even need to prep for IELTS. It's easy. I personally just researched on IELTS for one night to understand the format, and gave my exam the next day. It's not as hard as you think.

Imran Khan 1

Feb 15, 2020

I have submitted my application for study permit online via SDS program on 13th February 2020 and have submitted my bio-metrics on 17th February 2020 in Karachi, Pakistan. Considering that the processing time for study permits being processed under SDS program is 20 calendar days, I haven't received any decision against my application yet. I shall be thankful if you can provide an update on my application and tentative timeline for the processing of my case.

Thanks!

Regards
Saad Arif

Dear Applicant

Please note that the volume of applications received and the complexity of individual applications can cause processing times to be longer in some cases. This is often due to circumstances beyond our control. We appreciate your patience and we will contact you once processing has been finalized.

Regards,
IRCC Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Thanks Saad

Imran Khan 1

Feb 15, 2020
But Faraz..then it is a pertinent question to ask as to what is the basis for IRCC processing based on "Varies from Case to Case basis"..

Can you share your step-wise timeline

Imran Khan 1

Feb 15, 2020

Thanks!

Regards
Saad Arif

Dear Applicant

Regards,
IRCC Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Saad: Can you kindly also share your step-wise timeline (including when didi you raise the web form) ...Just so that I can have some peace of mind.

Imran Khan 1

Feb 15, 2020
Besides beating the very purpose of SDS v NON-SDS and extra pre-application time + pre-application Cost + pre-application Funds taken to fulfill GIC, Fee and IELTS requirements, this waiting game is kind of painful

Reactions: zeen2019

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
But Faraz..then it is a pertinent question to ask as to what is the basis for IRCC processing based on "Varies from Case to Case basis"..

Can you share your step-wise timeline
Only IRCC knows the answer to that.

My timeline (SDS):

Online application - 7th Jan 2020
Biometrics collection letter - 9th Jan
Biometrics updated - 10th Jan
Interview call - 29th Jan
Interview completed - 11th Feburary (Visa affixed on the spot)

Reactions: Ayeshasiddiqa

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
You have all As/A*s in your O'levels. IELTS shouldn't even be an issue. And no, you need IELTS for SDS even if you have given O'levels English. I had an A* in my O'levels English but I still had to give IELTS. It's mandatory. Go for SDS, it'll save you lots of time and hassle.
What if i give with a day or two of practice? Would I get 6 in each module?
How hard is it?

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
I beg to differ. I got interview call in exactly 20 days since giving my biometrics. It varies from case to case. Don't worry!
Definitely Faraz. But the point is probably no one has got the complete processing within 20 calendar days yet. There might be cases, but very rare.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
With a background like yours, you don't even need to prep for IELTS. It's easy. I personally just researched on IELTS for one night to understand the format, and gave my exam the next day. It's not as hard as you think.
Thanks:( . You dont recommend applying normal? Because classes start in September and ill apply by 15 April InShaAllah giving me 135 days roughly. Would that not be enough for regular stream? What do you suggest?

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
What if i give with a day or two of practice? Would I get 6 in each module?
How hard is it?
It's not hard at all!

Since you have already a good command over English Language, you would just need to have a look across the pattern and score criteria.

I would suggest you to watch videos of E2 IELTS by Jay and you can score very well.

I just prepared for a week and watched all of his videos and scored 8 overall.

Just little bit practice and you are good to go.

Reactions: abdlaqeel

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Saad: Can you kindly also share your step-wise timeline (including when didi you raise the web form) ...Just so that I can have some peace of mind.
Hey Imran Khan

I raised a webform on March 9th after 5 PM and got a response today noon.

I have submitted my application on 13th Feb and biometrics completion on 17th Feb.

What's your timeline?

Saadarif111

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Thanks:( . You dont recommend applying normal? Because classes start in September and ill apply by 15 April InShaAllah giving me 135 days roughly. Would that not be enough for regular stream? What do you suggest?
It'a all about visa success ratio and processing time.

SDS aims to increase the number of students from different nationalities in Canada. So, you have got a very high chance of getting a visa via SDS as compared to non-SDS.

Look at the cases submitted late November, they were delayed by 2 months. And in all this scenario of COVID-19, who knows what will be the fate of study permits later this year.

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
It'a all about visa success ratio and processing time.

SDS aims to increase the number of students from different nationalities in Canada. So, you have got a very high chance of getting a visa via SDS as compared to non-SDS.

Look at the cases submitted late November, they were delayed by 2 months. And in all this scenario of COVID-19, who knows what will be the fate of study permits later this year.