+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Does anybody know about the dead line of Sept 2020 intake for colleges (Diploma Programs) ??
you can still apply for a month or 2 but its gonna be rolling admissions now. So if theres a seat available you might get it depending on the number of applicants. the equal consideration date has passed.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
IRCC conduct random interviews time to time. Specially when they start a pilot or new program for any certain Country. I have seen applicants were called for an interview for not only study permit but permanent residence and citizenship applications as well. Interview helps IRCC learn more about the program and help them analyze if there any changes need to made. It is also known as administrative reviews.

CAbdulmoiz

Mar 3, 2020
Hi guys!
Is there anyone over here who has recently sent their GIC from Lahore smoothly, without being filer ? If you have sent can you please tell the name of the bank and branch ?

Last edited:

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi guys!
Is there anyone over here who has recently sent their GIC from Lahore smoothly, without being filer ? If you have sent can you please tell the name of the bank and branch ?
thats not possible since you cant have a foreign currency account in pakistan without being a tax filer, which imo is complete bs. If youre getting a GIC from Habib canadian bank you can use your parents account to send the money otherwise for Scotia Bank youll have to get a joint account opened with a tax filer to send funds.

CAbdulmoiz

Mar 3, 2020
thats not possible since you cant have a foreign currency account in pakistan without being a tax filer, which imo is complete bs. If youre getting a GIC from Habib canadian bank you can use your parents account to send the money otherwise for Scotia Bank youll have to get a joint account opened with a tax filer to send funds.
Actually my parents are also not filer. Thats the problem. If i start the process to become a filer still it will take a lot of time. I heard some guys sent the GIC without being filer

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Actually my parents are also not filer. Thats the problem. If i start the process to become a filer still it will take a lot of time. I heard some guys sent the GIC without being filer
This is what i found on another forum:

Dear Brother,
Yes, there is a way to send GIC money through Pakistan. I went to Standard Chartered Bank in Islamabad F-7 head branch after explaining them a lot and talking to the service manager me and my father convinced them to send the money through remittance. You can send the GIC amount through remittance by first opening your account in PKR currency and then initiate a request of remittance to the bank where you want to submit your GIC and I also heard that Dubai Islamic Bank in Pakistan can also send your GIC money through Remittance and this procedure can be done through any bank.
I have initiated a request to send GIC money to Scotia bank from Pakistan.
You can also use Scotia Bank to send money to and Habib Candian Bank, the Scotia bank procedure is fast as they email you the money directions in 48 hours whereas Habib Canadian Bank can take up to 5 business days to call you for confirmation then they send the account info and all stuff to submit GIC.

Reactions: CAbdulmoiz

CAbdulmoiz

Mar 3, 2020
This is what i found on another forum:

Dear Brother,
Yes, there is a way to send GIC money through Pakistan. I went to Standard Chartered Bank in Islamabad F-7 head branch after explaining them a lot and talking to the service manager me and my father convinced them to send the money through remittance. You can send the GIC amount through remittance by first opening your account in PKR currency and then initiate a request of remittance to the bank where you want to submit your GIC and I also heard that Dubai Islamic Bank in Pakistan can also send your GIC money through Remittance and this procedure can be done through any bank.
I have initiated a request to send GIC money to Scotia bank from Pakistan.
You can also use Scotia Bank to send money to and Habib Candian Bank, the Scotia bank procedure is fast as they email you the money directions in 48 hours whereas Habib Canadian Bank can take up to 5 business days to call you for confirmation then they send the account info and all stuff to submit GIC.
Thanks a lot brother.
Bro what documents did you submit for your SDS application ?

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Thanks a lot brother.
Bro what documents did you submit for your SDS application ?
Education Transcripts
GIC confirmation
Upfront medical
IELTS
Proof of Tuition Fee Payment
and then you have to upload the other required documents such as Letter of Acceptance and passport etc

saadsaeed90

Mar 4, 2020
Has anyone applied for visa under sds in February? I submitted application on 1st February and biometrics given and confirmed on 3rd February and medical passed on 5th , no updates since 5th. Its a little worrying now because 32 days have passed. Anyone having the same issue?

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Has anyone applied for visa under sds in February? I submitted application on 1st February and biometrics given and confirmed on 3rd February and medical passed on 5th , no updates since 5th. Its a little worrying now because 32 days have passed. Anyone having the same issue?
i applied on the 19th got my biometrics and medical update and got 1 ghost update after that.

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
give updates of what happens since you applied before me

saadsaeed90

Mar 4, 2020
i applied on the 19th got my biometrics and medical update and got 1 ghost update after that.
Yeah same i got that one ghost update too, a friend of mine got her passport request in January after 32 days of waiting. I dont know what seems to be taking so long for the decision , clearly that 20 days thing is not true.

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I will surely let you know , best of luck to you, i hope you get it in time. When are your classes starting? And what city you plan on going to.
thanks man, I hope you get it soon too since youve been waiting for a while now. My classes start on the 7th of september and im going to UPEI in charlottetown PEI. I applied early cuz im travelling abroad in the summer so id be needing my passport.