+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

vega123

Nov 15, 2019
My Non SDS Timeline for Winter Admission MGM Royal Roads University, Victoria, BC

11 November, 2019
Online submission of application (along with spouse open work permit + 5yr old daughter as dependent visit Visa) with upfront medical

12 November, 2019
Submission of biometrics at VFS center Lahore of myself and spouse

13 November, 2019
Acknowledgment of Biometrics through email and IRCC account received

30 December, 2019
Status update showing "you have passed your medical exam" displayed my online IRCC account

11 February, 2019
Sent a webform to Abu Dhabi visa office mentioning that its been 3 months without a decision on my application and that this much time for processing an application was ridiculous

13 February, 2020
Got a reply from Abu Dhabi office that they cannot answer my query because the email I mentioned in the webform is not showing in their record. Wven though it is the same email address that I used to create and submit my IRCC GCKey and application (have double checked that) but I did mention another one of my email accounts in the filled up study permit form.

Today 18 February, 2020
No decision or update communicated till date. Still waiting for these incompetent people to give a decision.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hey bro i applied under sds on: 22 january
Biometrics letter: 23 january
Biometrics done: 29 january
Still no update after that...
send a webform

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
My Non SDS Timeline for Winter Admission MGM Royal Roads University, Victoria, BC

11 November, 2019
Online submission of application (along with spouse open work permit + 5yr old daughter as dependent visit Visa) with upfront medical

12 November, 2019
Submission of biometrics at VFS center Lahore of myself and spouse

13 November, 2019
Acknowledgment of Biometrics through email and IRCC account received

30 December, 2019
Status update showing "you have passed your medical exam" displayed my online IRCC account

11 February, 2019
Sent a webform to Abu Dhabi visa office mentioning that its been 3 months without a decision on my application and that this much time for processing an application was ridiculous

13 February, 2020
Got a reply from Abu Dhabi office that they cannot answer my query because the email I mentioned in the webform is not showing in their record. Wven though it is the same email address that I used to create and submit my IRCC GCKey and application (have double checked that) but I did mention another one of my email accounts in the filled up study permit form.

Today 18 February, 2020
No decision or update communicated till date. Still waiting for these incompetent people to give a decision.
send another include as much info as you can

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
i want to apply for gic can anyone guide me through the whole process and which bank would be suitable?
First you need to open an online Bank account
They will provide you all the information and how to process it step by step
You can Transfer amount through PKR Account ( Most Banks in Pakistan don't know much about the process, you can show them the information available on State bank of Pakistan) or Foriegn Currency Account

zeen2019

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
First you need to open an online Bank account
They will provide you all the information and how to process it step by step
You can Transfer amount through PKR Account ( Most Banks in Pakistan don't know much about the process, you can show them the information available on State bank of Pakistan) or Foriegn Currency Account
Hey Ahad, I was wondering if you could tell me where exactly this info is available on the state bank website? I'm assuming the foreign exchange manual section of the laws and regulations?

Reactions: Ahadch3357

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Hey Ahad, I was wondering if you could tell me where exactly this info is available on the state bank website? I'm assuming the foreign exchange manual section of the laws and regulations?
http://www.sbp.org.pk/epd/2015/FEC8.htm
Print it, Highlight the point of Tuition Fee/Living Expenses and show it to Bank Manager

Last edited:
Reactions: zeen2019

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Congrats!! I applied on Jan 8th under non sds, gave biometrics on Jan 16th and no updates after that... not even a request for medical.... idk what’s going on.
hi good evening did you get visa thanks ?

Innayma

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
URGENT...
my GIC was rejected because according to the Scotiabank the funds transferred were not in CAD. According to my bank its not possible that funds transferred were in the US dollars as funds are automatically transferred to the respective currency in which country the funds are transferred. How should I avoid this problem next time as it is very time consuming.

aaafzal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
URGENT...
my GIC was rejected because according to the Scotiabank the funds transferred were not in CAD. According to my bank its not possible that funds transferred were in the US dollars as funds are automatically transferred to the respective currency in which country the funds are transferred. How should I avoid this problem next time as it is very time consuming.
Wow ! Same thing happened to me i also send money to scotia bank and it was rejected coz my bank send it in usd. The problem is banks here don’t have much knowledge how to deal with this foreign thing. You have to tell your bank to send again by buying cad dollars through your usd dollars in your account when filling the paper of amount you need to send instead of USD you tell them to write CAD DOLLARS. Mine rejected amount came after 7..8 days. Tell your bank to buy cad dollars bargain them with rate to buy cad from usd and then send it.

aaafzal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
I send through Faysal bank their policy is good. Dubai islamic bank is also a very good option. Standard charted is one to be consider too.

Innayma

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Wow ! Same thing happened to me i also send money to scotia bank and it was rejected coz my bank send it in usd. The problem is banks here don’t have much knowledge how to deal with this foreign thing. You have to tell your bank to send again by buying cad dollars through your usd dollars in your account when filling the paper of amount you need to send instead of USD you tell them to write CAD DOLLARS. Mine rejected amount came after 7..8 days. Tell your bank to buy cad dollars bargain them with rate to buy cad from usd and then send it.
Actually my foreign currency account is in American dollar, so how can I transfer CAD? mine rejected fund came back on 9th day...that was so teasing...

Innayma

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I send through Faysal bank their policy is good. Dubai islamic bank is also a very good option. Standard charted is one to be consider too.
What about Bank Alhabib? I transfered mine via First Women bank and they are..... Alllah Toba

aaafzal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
Actually my foreign currency account is in American dollar, so how can I transfer CAD? mine rejected fund came back on 9th day...that was so teasing...
Yes its very much frustrating when they have to come back i had to called my bank daily and ask them. Well mine account was also in USD dollars you need to tell the manager to buy cad dollars from usd in your account and then send it. No intermediary bank is required to convert them. They can convert usd to cad and then proceed with transaction.