+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Hussain742

Oct 7, 2019
I thought the same that you must have gotten a reply from abd id. Lets wait and keep your fingers crossed Hopefully you get favorable reply from other email id
Thanks bro today I sent them a webform including my passport cnic and receipts from the VFS Global as attachments

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
AoA Bhaiyo,

I've applied to Humber College for a two years Diploma in Accounting and Business. (Waiting for decision)

My profile,
  • Age 31 on 7th July 2020
  • Unmarried
  • Last degree BSc Hon in Applied accounting (Grade: Lower Second Class) completed on 21 March 2016.
  • Immediately started working in Dubai after completion of the degree until May 2019. In combine, I've more than four and a half years of experience.
  • Ielts L/R/W/S 7.5/6.5/6.0/7 General

I can't stand a chance for Immigration since I don't have a master degree and I've started losing CSR due to age. My uncle, in Canada, will be paying for tuition fee only. I've following questions if possible please help me by replying these.
  1. IELTS General is fine for SDS? Since college said it's fine I wonder whether it's alright for a visa officer or not?
  2. Do I have to mention in the SOP that my uncle will be paying tuition fee or I'll just attach college letter saying first year tuition fee is paid?
  3. I've a bank account under my name in Dubai. Can I transfer funds online in GIC account from Dubai or its mandatory to send it from Pakistan only?
  4. After GIC, I'll have around 800k to 900k PKR in my personal bank account which would be older than six months. Would that much amount is fine, considering tuition fee and GIC are already paid, or I should top up and explain from where I've obtained additional funds?
  5. I don't have any property on my name directly. Do I've to attach property documents on my parent's name and explain that I'll be part of the deed along with other brothers and sisters?
Any other thing I should present to make the case stronger, or any advice I should follow to avoid rejection?

Thanks.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
AoA Bhaiyo,

I've applied to Humber College for a two years Diploma in Accounting and Business. (Waiting for decision)

My profile,
  • Unmarried
  • Last degree BSc Hon in Applied accounting (Grade: Lower Second Class) completed on 21 March 2016.
  • Immediately started working in Dubai after completion of the degree until May 2019. In combine, I've more than four and a half years of experience.

I can't stand a chance for Immigration since I don't have a master degree and I've started losing CSR due to age. My uncle, in Canada, will be paying for tuition fee only. I've following questions if possible please help me by replying these.
  1. IELTS General is fine for SDS? Since college said it's fine I wonder whether it's alright for a visa officer or not?
  2. Do I have to mention in the SOP that my uncle will be paying tuition fee or I'll just attach college letter saying first year tuition fee is paid?
  3. I've a bank account under my name in Dubai. Can I transfer funds online in GIC account from Dubai or its mandatory to send it from Pakistan only?
  4. After GIC, I'll have around 800k to 900k PKR in my personal bank account which would be older than six months. Would that much amount is fine, considering tuition fee and GIC are already paid, or I should top up and explain from where I've obtained additional funds?
  5. I don't have any property on my name directly. Do I've to attach property documents on my parent's name and explain that I'll be part of the deed along with other brothers and sisters?
Any other thing I should present to make the case stronger, or any advice I should follow to avoid rejection?

Thanks.
I'll try to answer as many of these questions as I can.

1. You need IELTS Academics for SDS. You have to take your IELTS again.

2. You will have less chances of succeeding with the study permit as your uncle is your sponsor which means less ties to your home country and not enough finances. Since you are applying under SDS, I'll suggest to not mention any unnecessary details to confuse the VO. Just talk about your tuition fee receipt (1 full year) and your GIC.

3. I'll suggest you to transfer it from Pakistan and apply from Pakistan as well, but I could be wrong about the transfer part.

4. Refer to answer #2. Imo, you shouldn't attach it as the funds aren't quite enough. You will create a confusion about your sponsor, as it would be hard to tell whether it's your parents, your uncle or yourself.

Or, you can attach it and also attach your parents' bank statement with it.

5. Parents property papers are okay.

Edit: One thing I forgot to point out that unless you are going for a PGD/Graduate Certificate or a Masters, it is highly unlikely that you will get a visa if your program is an undergraduate diploma (as you didn't specify.)

Last edited:

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
AoA Bhaiyo,

My profile,
  • Unmarried

Thanks.
I'll try to answer as many of these questions as I can.

1. You need IELTS Academics for SDS. You have to take your IELTS again.

2. You will have less chances of succeeding with the study permit as your uncle is your sponsor which means less ties to your home country and not enough finances. Since you are applying under SDS, I'll suggest to not mention any unnecessary details to confuse the VO. Just talk about your tuition fee receipt (1 full year) and your GIC.

3. I'll suggest you to transfer it from Pakistan and apply from Pakistan as well, but I could be wrong about the transfer part.

4. Refer to answer #2. Imo, you shouldn't attach it as the funds aren't quite enough. You will create a confusion about your sponsor, as it would be hard to tell whether it's your parents, your uncle or yourself.

Or, you can attach it and also attach your parents' bank statement with it.

5. Parents property papers are okay.

Edit: One thing I forgot to point out that unless you are going for a PGD/Graduate Certificate or a Masters, it is highly unlikely that you will get a visa if your program is an undergraduate diploma (as you didn't specify.)
There are no issues if anyone in Canada pays for his school fee because obviously who'll pay someone's fee for no reason? CIC just need a fee receipt which is generated by College which obviously doesn't show who paid for it and you are right he need to retake IELTS and specifically IELTS academic to be considered in SDS or non SDS. Attaching parents property papers are fine but get atleast 3-4 million PKR in your account which must be older than 6 months. Ask your father to get atleast 2.5 Million arranged as you already have 800-900k in your account. If your father has not that much funds in his account for any reason then ask anyone (your family etc) to transfer 2.5 million atleast to your father's account then ask your father to get that funds transferred to your account (from your father's account) and before applying attach both account statements your father's aswell as yours must be 6 months old and no worries in attaching your parents property documents and I would personally recommend you to opt for NON-SDS but choice is yours.

Thanks

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
There are no issues if anyone in Canada pays for his school fee because obviously who'll pay someone's fee for no reason? CIC just need a fee receipt which is generated by College which obviously doesn't show who paid for it and you are right he need to retake IELTS and specifically IELTS academic to be considered in SDS or non SDS. Attaching parents property papers are fine but get atleast 3-4 million PKR in your account which must be older than 6 months. Ask your father to get atleast 2.5 Million arranged as you already have 800-900k in your account. If your father has not that much funds in his account for any reason then ask anyone (your family etc) to transfer 2.5 million atleast to your father's account then ask your father to get that funds transferred to your account (from your father's account) and before applying attach both account statements your father's aswell as yours must be 6 months old and no worries in attaching your parents property documents and I would personally recommend you to opt for NON-SDS but choice is yours.

Thanks
Exactly. That's what I meant. He can use his uncle's money for the tuition but he doesn't necessarily have to mention him as the sponsor in the SOP.

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Exactly. That's what I meant. He can use his uncle's money for the tuition but he doesn't necessarily have to mention him as the sponsor in the SOP.

Thanks
Thank you guys for your responses. Due to some reason I only have PKR 800k - 900k after tuition fee and GIC and i can’t request anyone else for now. Would that help, if I also transferred this PKR 800k to GIC and show no bank statement but strong GIC?

@Farazahsheikh thanks for letting me know about Undergraduate Diploma. I’ve actually chosen same as the diploma admission requirements are Canadian 12th grade. Likely, there is another course I chose which is Professional Accounting Practice - Ontario Graduate Certificates, and admission requirements are a bachelors degree. Hope this will do. If possible pls check the link https://business.humber.ca/programs/professional-accounting-practice.html.

and @AffanMustafa if I go for Non-SDS still i need IELTS Academic?

furthermore, property documents would be in local language would translation on stamp paper and attested by notary on both documents (photocopy and stamp paper) will work?

thanks guys

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Thank you guys for your responses. Due to some reason I only have PKR 800k - 900k after tuition fee and GIC and i can’t request anyone else for now. Would that help, if I also transferred this PKR 800k to GIC and show no bank statement but strong GIC?

@Farazahsheikh thanks for letting me know about Undergraduate Diploma. I’ve actually chosen same as the diploma admission requirements are Canadian 12th grade. Likely, there is another course I chose which is Professional Accounting Practice - Ontario Graduate Certificates, and admission requirements are a bachelors degree. Hope this will do. If possible pls check the link https://business.humber.ca/programs/professional-accounting-practice.html.

furthermore, property documents would be in local language would translation on stamp paper and attested by notary on both documents (photocopy and stamp paper) will work?

thanks guys
bro what college you going ??are you sure its in DLI how did they give you admission based on general IELTS they arent supposed to dont apply on general IELTS you will have to retake the test for IELTS academic and do prepare for it its reading part is significantly harder best of luck
and if you have GIC along with tuition receipt you dont have to show bank statements but you will need to mention a sponsor either your parents or your uncle

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
bro what college you going ??are you sure its in DLI how did they give you admission based on general IELTS they arent supposed to dont apply on general IELTS you will have to retake the test for IELTS academic and do prepare for it its reading part is significantly harder best of luck
and if you have GIC along with tuition receipt you dont have to show bank statements but you will need to mention a sponsor either your parents or your uncle
You do not need to have to have IELTS Academic. Under sds general is also accepted. I am 100% sure IRCC itself confirmed this on their verified twitter account

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
You do not need to have to have IELTS Academic. Under sds general is also accepted. I am 100% sure IRCC itself confirmed this on their verified twitter account
oh amazing i just searched the forums some people do have apparently got visa with IELTS general amazing

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
oh amazing i just searched the forums some people do have apparently got visa with IELTS general amazing
Also IELTS General is more tough then IELTS Academic. If you score 8 in reading in academic it will equivalent to either 7 or 7.5 in general reading

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Also IELTS General is more tough then IELTS Academic. If you score 8 in reading in academic it will equivalent to either 7 or 7.5 in general reading
yeah that is true but the reading module is way easier compared to academic

Reactions: alijumani

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
It's actually the opposite. IELTS Academic is harder than IELTS General. It's just that you have to get more answers correct to get a similar band score as Academic. The questions are much easier than Academic though. And yes, you are right about IELTS General being accepted. I heard about it, too. Wasn't sure though.

shakaib87

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
AoA Bhaiyo,

My profile,
  • Unmarried

Thanks.
IELTS General is also accepted for SDS stream, you dont need to take IELTS test again if your proposed college accepts IELTS General. Here's the link of IRCC statement on twitter
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1203040753817194496

AnushaEjaz

Feb 5, 2020
Hi,
I want to apply for a dental assisting program at durham college, but it's one year certificate program. I want to know that do we Pakistanis get visa on cert programs considering the fact that I have a dependant also ( my daughter who's 4 months old right now)

What is the success ratio of visa for a person whose one family member is a canadian PR. How to show VO strong ties to pakistan in that case?
Hello every one I am creating this new thread for all the applicants who are working on applying study permit for Winter 2020. Please feel free to connect here and lets help each other.

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019

thanks guys
IELTS is a requirement of Embassy, you have to take IELTS no matter you choose SDS or NON SDS, make sure its IELTS academic. NON-SDS and SDS has 0 difference in between them except time frame and conditions. SDS has alot of conditions which requires you to score 6 in every component and 6.5 total score in IELTS. You need a block account which should have $10,000+ (not sure about the amount) in your account for a year which should be sent to GIC and 1 year school fee paid which results in better timing of your application status and decision thats it. Which means in SDS you'll get visa decision in a month and in NON-SDS it can take upto 3 months but NON-SDS has very less conditions and i don't think if they both have much impact on your application decision. I'd recommend a NON-SDS which requires a school fees paid atleast 3.5 million in bank account for 6 months which you can take out after your application decision etc and these days i have seen NON-SDS more positive decisions as compared with SDS.

Thanks