App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Guys i have a question about ghost update would be glad if someone answers, Is it possible that a ghost update would occur and you still won't get an email for that because atleast I haven't recieved anything of that sort, but i do have a little bit of an idea about a ghost update that your profile on the CIC portal gets updated but you can't notice that very often, it still remains the same and as of now my Background check and Eligibility review is in progress and it is being reviewed.
you wont receive any email but if you do check you profile daily sometime your application will state that Application update but when you open it nothing in there would be updated thats ghost update

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
There is always a chance of approval
You will have to explain the following things
-why this course in Canada
-how will this course enhance what you have already learned
-what options will you have when you return to your home country -(pak not dubai)
And make sure when you apply showing just funds in a bank isnt enough you have to show the source of income where are the funds coming from and how will that person support your education
Yes I am aware of all that. My dad moved here in the 90s, I’ve been living in Dubai since 21 years, I am 22 currently lol We also own an apartment here. When I return it will be to dubai because Dubai is home for me. I haven’t been to Pak in years now.
So idk what to do when I apply next time regarding all this. Also won’t it be strange changing my statement because the last time I applied I really focused of explaining why Dubai is my home and the vo will probably check my previous two applications.

Also, what was your profile and journey to getting a student visa?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Yes I am aware of all that. My dad moved here in the 90s, I’ve been living in Dubai since 21 years, I am 22 currently lol We also own an apartment here. When I return it will be to dubai because Dubai is home for me. I haven’t been to Pak in years now.
So idk what to do when I apply next time regarding all this. Also won’t it be strange changing my statement because the last time I applied I really focused of explaining why Dubai is my home and the vo will probably check my previous two applications.

Also, what was your profile and journey to getting a student visa?
If you have already stated that you will return to dubai than you cant change that statement your case is very complicated order gcms notes and would be a better idea to hire a consultant most of them are useless try looking for someone who actually knows about their job

omairs

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Anyone recently got approval? I sent a web form on 18th Dec and now its been 40 days since im waiting.. should i send another web form?

nausherwan436

Dec 18, 2019
Anyone recently got approval? I sent a web form on 18th Dec and now its been 40 days since im waiting.. should i send another web form?
The website states not to send the web form twice.
I'm waiting since 40 days myself. Applied on 29th November and the last update I got was biometric completion and medical test passed on 2nd December 2019. Since then no updates, my classes start tomorrow (6th January 2020) and I can wait till 20th January 2020 before I need to defer it to the next intake. Really anxious and waiting but hoping for the best.
Also I read here that one person got his decision already even when he applied after me. The decision was in rejection so I hope it's a good sign.
Btw, when did you apply? What's your timeline till now?

omairs

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
The website states not to send the web form twice.
I'm waiting since 40 days myself. Applied on 29th November and the last update I got was biometric completion and medical test passed on 2nd December 2019. Since then no updates, my classes start tomorrow (6th January 2020) and I can wait till 20th January 2020 before I need to defer it to the next intake. Really anxious and waiting but hoping for the best.
Also I read here that one person got his decision already even when he applied after me. The decision was in rejection so I hope it's a good sign.
Btw, when did you apply? What's your timeline till now?
Yea right.. I just saw that it shouldn't be sent more than once. I applied on 27th Nov under SDS. Bio updated on 28th Nov, medical updated on 7th Dec. After 21 calendar days i sent web form for which i got a reply that due to high number of applications processing is delayed. Then on 28th Dec i got another email that they are still working on my application, since then no updates. Classes are starting tom and i informed to the college as well last week but no response from college yet. I read that too that many people got refusal within 2 weeks.. but a few people from india also got their approvals yesterday who applied in the first week of Dec.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Christmas holidays have slowed down all applications most of the people that had applied before 25th have already got their decision

nausherwan436

Dec 18, 2019
Yea right.. I just saw that it shouldn't be sent more than once. I applied on 27th Nov under SDS. Bio updated on 28th Nov, medical updated on 7th Dec. After 21 calendar days i sent web form for which i got a reply that due to high number of applications processing is delayed. Then on 28th Dec i got another email that they are still working on my application, since then no updates. Classes are starting tom and i informed to the college as well last week but no response from college yet. I read that too that many people got refusal within 2 weeks.. but a few people from india also got their approvals yesterday who applied in the first week of Dec.
Next week is ours. We'll get a decision definitely. It also completes my 20 Working days after biometrics tomorrow so I'm just getting a positive vibe. And as far as I know all Canadian colleges and universities give an extension of 20 days before we can join in the following term. These 20 days comprise of orientation week and trial classes. So nothing crucial there to worry about. Hopefully next week is decision week for us as all of this is computerized and scheduled and we'll get our message when we get our number in the queue.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Next week is ours. We'll get a decision definitely. It also completes my 20 Working days after biometrics tomorrow so I'm just getting a positive vibe. And as far as I know all Canadian colleges and universities give an extension of 20 days before we can join in the following term. These 20 days comprise of orientation week and trial classes. So nothing crucial there to worry about. Hopefully next week is decision week for us as all of this is computerized and scheduled and we'll get our message when we get our number in the queue.
the processing is 20 calender days not working days but i am sure next week most of the people waiting will get decision

MrsWaqas

Dec 15, 2019
Hello everyone!

I need your valuable input here.

My wife is going to apply for M.Ed (Master degree) and we will be going through SDS.

I and my 3 years old son will be accompanying her.

My questions are here

Is it possible to get GIC for family? If only for student then do we have to show funds in account for myself and my son?

What would be chances of visa when we can show solid ties with home country?

Thank you in advance!
Hi Did you get any update from UBC about admission ?

aaafzal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
I also applied for student visa via SDS on 5 December my classes are started today 6-01-2020 but i have extended upto 20-1-2020. I’m also anxiously waiting. Hopefully all comes positive this week InshaAllah..

SBajwa

Apr 24, 2018
My timeline for SDS in case it helps someone
Visa Application Submission: Nov 25
Transcripts Request: Nov 26, uploaded on Nov 27
Medical reviewed and passed on Nov 26
Correspondence Letter: Dec 19
Passport Request: December 19
Passport Submitted at VAC Lahore: December 20
Received the passport back on December 30

I applied for a tourist visa last year that was rejected but they already had my Biometrics from it.

aaafzal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019

I applied for a tourist visa last year that was rejected but they already had my Biometrics from it.
Wow congratulations .. please do pray for us who are waiting.. Thanks

omairs

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019

Congratulations!
It took 10 days to stamp visa or you collected the passport late? I thot it would take 3-4 working days to stamp and return the passport.
Well I applied on 27th Nov and still waiting for final decision.