+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

aaafzal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
Your application might be processed by then, but you still need to have enough time to get your passport stamped, which takes 5-7 days.
My supervisor said to be there before 20-01-2020.. maybe i have some hope.. Regarding is in Allah’s hand whatever he will do will be best.. bro can I expect something next week from embassy like ghost update or any other confirmation?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Alhumdullilah I got passport request yesterday. Does that mean my visa has been approved cause it still says we are processing your application ?
your visa is approved submit your passport and you will also get a update on your account about the expiry date of your visa then it will change to approved in the application

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hello friends.. I have submitted study visa application under SDS program on 5-12-2019 got medical cleared on 6-12-2019 and done biometrics on 9-12-2019.. There is no update till now.. nor any ghost updates whatever that is you guys say. My classes were going to start on coming this Monday 6-01-2020 Masters in chemistry.. Well I’ve contacted my supervisor there and requested to join till mid January if my application got processed till than hope so.. what you guys think will it be processed till than? And what is this ghost update? Please enlighten me thank you
ghost updates dont matter that much wait and be patient they are taking time so its probably a good thing

aaafzal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
ghost updates dont matter that much wait and be patient they are taking time so its probably a good thing
You’re a hero member you know better. I’m very much tensed what you think in the upcoming week can I expect something?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
You’re a hero member you know better. I’m very much tensed what you think in the upcoming week can I expect something?
you can expect but
your processing started from the day you have biometrics so thats 9th dec today is 2nd jan it will take atleast a week more to get your decision sds is supposed to be under 20 calender but they never guarantee most applicants from pak get decision within a month so i would say you will receive a decision soon

aaafzal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2019
you can expect but

your processing started from the day you have biometrics so thats 9th dec today is 2nd jan it will take atleast a week more to get your decision sds is supposed to be under 20 calender but they never guarantee most applicants from pak get decision within a month so i would say you will receive a decision soon
I hope so InshaAllah.. Thank you so much for your response

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
Guys my visa was rejected twice.

Bsc in biotechnology cgpa 3.94, ielts: 8.0, graduated may 2019

applied for advanced diploma in biotech but now thinking of changing to diploma in food science fast track since that’s something I actually want to study.

will the change in program make a difference? I have seen ppl here who have bachelor’s and work experience get student visa with diploma programs so idk does it all boil down to luck??

i am from pak but brought up in Dubai :(

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC

applied for advanced diploma in biotech but now thinking of changing to diploma in food science fast track since that’s something I actually want to study.

will the change in program make a difference? I have seen ppl here who have bachelor’s and work experience get student visa with diploma programs so idk does it all boil down to luck??

Reason?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019

Sad to hear that but there are two problems with your profile
1st) Visa officers dont like when you dont apply from your country since you are in dubai they already have a reason to doubt that you have no interest in your hone country -(PAK)
2nd) There are too many people with rejections solely because they are going for diploma after bachelors instead of masters you will need to write an exceptional SOP to make them understand how will this diploma actually help you your actual study route should be to go for masters
Also do share your refusal reasons and order gcms notes ASAP i am sure if you address your reasons and if you can explain when applying for the third why you changed courses and how will they enhance your abilities you will get visa

Reactions: aaafzal

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019

Sad to hear, since you reside in Dubai, you need to show strong ties to Pakistan and I suppose if you apply through SDS it is necessary to be in your home country

And I agree with GMP that you need a good SOP to justify why you have shown interest in this particular field, What shall be the prospects of it once you return to Pakistan and how can you benefit from it etc. try to find a suitable Post-graduate Diploma in a field that is relevant to Biotechnology and Best of luck

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
Sad to hear that but there are two problems with your profile
1st) Visa officers dont like when you dont apply from your country since you are in dubai they already have a reason to doubt that you have no interest in your hone country -(PAK)
2nd) There are too many people with rejections solely because they are going for diploma after bachelors instead of masters you will need to write an exceptional SOP to make them understand how will this diploma actually help you your actual study route should be to go for masters
Also do share your refusal reasons and order gcms notes ASAP i am sure if you address your reasons and if you can explain when applying for the third why you changed courses and how will they enhance your abilities you will get visa
I’ve been brought up here, came to Dubai when I was a year old. Never lived anywhere else, not even Pak.
I applied twice one after the other since first time I hadn’t written a good sop so I thought by justifying the reasons for rejection and improving sop, they MIGHT approve but they didn’t surprise loool

Reason they gave: financial status and personal assets (NO IDEA WHY) since I paid the first semester tuition and showed 50k cad in bank account
Purpose of visit and family ties in canada and country of residence

I’ve applied for caips but Idk, I just want to ask that are there good chances of them approving since I have a bsc and I am going for a fast track diploma in food science? I actually want to study food science so I think I can write a good sop on it. Also the fast track option is only for university graduates so it’s not like I am studying something designed for highschool graduates?

what do you guys think??

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
I’ve been brought up here, came to Dubai when I was a year old. Never lived anywhere else, not even Pak.
I applied twice one after the other since first time I hadn’t written a good sop so I thought by justifying the reasons for rejection and improving sop, they MIGHT approve but they didn’t surprise loool

Reason they gave: financial status and personal assets (NO IDEA WHY) since I paid the first semester tuition and showed 50k cad in bank account
Purpose of visit and family ties in canada and country of residence

I’ve applied for caips but Idk, I just want to ask that are there good chances of them approving since I have a bsc and I am going for a fast track diploma in food science? I actually want to study food science so I think I can write a good sop on it. Also the fast track option is only for university graduates so it’s not like I am studying something designed for highschool graduates?

what do you guys think??
There is always a chance of approval
You will have to explain the following things
-why this course in Canada
-how will this course enhance what you have already learned
-what options will you have when you return to your home country -(pak not dubai)
And make sure when you apply showing just funds in a bank isnt enough you have to show the source of income where are the funds coming from and how will that person support your education

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Guys i have a question about ghost update would be glad if someone answers, Is it possible that a ghost update would occur and you still won't get an email for that because atleast I haven't recieved anything of that sort, but i do have a little bit of an idea about a ghost update that your profile on the CIC portal gets updated but you can't notice that very often, it still remains the same and as of now my Background check and Eligibility review is in progress and it is being reviewed.