App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi, Are there any applicants who have the same timeline?
Applied SDS Online 4th Dec
Medical Passed 5th Dec
Biometrics Completed 6th Dec
Till now, haven't recieved an update, Applied for Jan 2020

And I am getting mixed opinions about the 20 day processing time, could anyone clarify whether It's working days or calendar days?

Have a nice day
It is 20 calender days but this is December i got my approval in 27 days you will have to wait and be patient

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
So it's been a month for me with sds application and I contacted the Abu Dhabi office and they finally replied back:

Dear Applicant,

RE Application number **********

Thank you for your E-mail.

In order for applications to qualify for the SDS program they must meet a number of conditions. Applicants who do not meet the conditions do not qualify for the priority processing.

Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer.

Please note that the volume of applications received and the complexity of individual applications can cause processing times to be longer in some cases. This is often due to circumstances beyond our control. We appreciate your patience and we will contact you once processing has been finalized.

We trust this information will be of assistance.

Regards,

Zaidch451

Dec 11, 2019
So it's been a month for me with sds application and I contacted the Abu Dhabi office and they finally replied back:

Dear Applicant,

In order for applications to qualify for the SDS program they must meet a number of conditions. Applicants who do not meet the conditions do not qualify for the priority processing.

Please note that the volume of applications received and the complexity of individual applications can cause processing times to be longer in some cases. This is often due to circumstances beyond our control. We appreciate your patience and we will contact you once processing has been finalized.

Regards,
Did you mail them or web form?

Owaismk937

Mar 6, 2019

Dear Applicant,

Regards,
Did you attach all docs regarding sds like gic , medical n tution fee receipt

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019

Dear Applicant,

Regards,
Are you sure you applied through sds? What docs you uploaded?

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
Correct me if i am wrong

I personally think that this implies that your application was probably incomplete to be processed under SDS, make a checklist and check your CIC portal to see if you have submitted all the required documents required for SDS which are the following
- GIC of $10,000 CAD
- Full Year Tuition Fee Receipt
- IELTS Bands no less than 6.0 Bands in each module
- LOA of an Insititute having a valid DLI number

They may be deciding whether you fall under the criteria or not, if not then the process shall not be expedited and treated as a regular one or it suggests that the applications are just overwhelmingly high and might take time.
I have all docs attached from GIC, tuition fee, letter of admission from Humber College, sop, IELTs, police certificate, upfront medical and biometrics. My IELTs score is 8. I guess rest is all up to Allah.

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
I have all docs attached from GIC, tuition fee, letter of admission from Humber College, sop, IELTs, police certificate, upfront medical and biometrics. My IELTs score is 8. I guess rest is all up to Allah.
Your IELTS score is quite impressive and I think you should be a good candidate for approval, Is it Jan Intake btw? I certainly think demographics play an important role in decision making so maybe it's better to wait depending on the time when your classes will start or you could also consider deferring you offer to the next immediate Intake, I am also on the same boat because my classes start on the 6th of January at Fanshawe College. so fingers crossed, Best of Luck

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015

Dear Applicant,

Regards,
Don’t worry this is a generic reply. People are waiting for more then 40 days. Stay positive.

iq1993

Jan 19, 2017
Your IELTS score is quite impressive and I think you should be a good candidate for approval, Is it Jan Intake btw? I certainly think demographics play an important role in decision making so maybe it's better to wait depending on the time when your classes will start or you could also consider deferring you offer to the next immediate Intake, I am also on the same boat because my classes start on the 6th of January at Fanshawe College. so fingers crossed, Best of Luck
Unfortunately, I guess I am not a good candidate as I still got visa refusal just now right before new year. Best of luck y'all

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Unfortunately, I guess I am not a good candidate as I still got visa refusal just now right before new year. Best of luck y'all
Oh! I am sorry to hear. Please share your refusal letter and your profile as well. Don’t loose hope apply again and you will get it

Reactions: Owaismk937

Shahzaib.Javaid

Aug 25, 2019
Hey Everyone,
This is Shahzaib Javaid. I have recently applied for my study permit under sds scheme. The process for me was really hectic, because the information available on the internet was really scarce and not correct.However, after all those problems i figured out a few things which will be really beneficial for you all.This will solve your problem for both tuition fees and GIC

Anyone applying for study permit under SDS scheme is required to buy a GIC. Now the problem is that the banks in Canada want us to transfer the money, minimum $10,000, and $200 for application purposes but this varies bank to bank. There are only two banks in canada, which are serving the needs of Pakistani students who wish to purchase GIC for Study permit: Scotia bank and Habib Canadian Bank. I used Scotia bank. The process starts with you filling an online form and then submitting it. They take around 1-2 days to then send you the wire transfer details. The main mistake that students do is that they fill this application wrong. Please write the same address that you have on you bank account in Pakistan. This is critical else the wire transfer will be rejected. I didn't make this mistake though.
Now everyone who has purchased a GIC from Pakistan did very little research and only went ahead with the information that they were given, that the money can only be transferred using a foreign currency account. This is where they are wrong. In fact, money can be remitted internationally through your normal PKR account.Every bank in Pakistan offers this and has rules for this. The only problem is that the people in Banks have very inadequate information so they guide us wrong.
So basically we, students are allowed to transfer upto $50,000 USD or equivalent in any currency to any foreign educational institute as a tuition fees and then again more money to any bank account for our living purposes. This GIC is meant to cater our living expenses hence it comes under that banner while tuition fees goes in the other.
This is the rule made by State bank of Pakistan.
I hope you guys find this useful. Though this is limited information, if this doesn't work, then contact me and i'll explain more.
Please pray for my visa.
My email id: shahzaibjavaid23@gmail.com

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Hey Everyone,
This is Shahzaib Javaid. I have recently applied for my study permit under sds scheme. The process for me was really hectic, because the information available on the internet was really scarce and not correct.However, after all those problems i figured out a few things which will be really beneficial for you all.This will solve your problem for both tuition fees and GIC

Anyone applying for study permit under SDS scheme is required to buy a GIC. Now the problem is that the banks in Canada want us to transfer the money, minimum $10,000, and $200 for application purposes but this varies bank to bank. There are only two banks in canada, which are serving the needs of Pakistani students who wish to purchase GIC for Study permit: Scotia bank and Habib Canadian Bank. I used Scotia bank. The process starts with you filling an online form and then submitting it. They take around 1-2 days to then send you the wire transfer details. The main mistake that students do is that they fill this application wrong. Please write the same address that you have on you bank account in Pakistan. This is critical else the wire transfer will be rejected. I didn't make this mistake though.
Now everyone who has purchased a GIC from Pakistan did very little research and only went ahead with the information that they were given, that the money can only be transferred using a foreign currency account. This is where they are wrong. In fact, money can be remitted internationally through your normal PKR account.Every bank in Pakistan offers this and has rules for this. The only problem is that the people in Banks have very inadequate information so they guide us wrong.
So basically we, students are allowed to transfer upto $50,000 USD or equivalent in any currency to any foreign educational institute as a tuition fees and then again more money to any bank account for our living purposes. This GIC is meant to cater our living expenses hence it comes under that banner while tuition fees goes in the other.
This is the rule made by State bank of Pakistan.
I hope you guys find this useful. Though this is limited information, if this doesn't work, then contact me and i'll explain more.
Please pray for my visa.
My email id: shahzaibjavaid23@gmail.com
Nice piece of advice for upcoming students and wish you best of luck for your visa , Which Intake have you applied for brother?