Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hi!
Please guide me about complete GIC payment procedure. As Pakistani bankers really don't have proper knowledge. Please describe what guidline does Canadian bank manger provided you to do the wire transfer?
I wouldn't go with Scotia bank as they are very slow and there process is very weird, any typo no matter how small even a comma mismatches from your bank/CNIC address with the address you provided them with initial signup your transfer will going to be rejected. If everything works out great they issue GIC in 8 to 10 business days where as Habib Canadian bank issue with in 2 days upon successful transfer of money.

Make sure your address from CNIC and bank exactly matches the address you provide to signup GIC account.

Once you do online GIC signup from habib canadian bank they will email you a file routing information take that information paper to your bank and they will transfer the money for you to your GIC account. Link below:
https://habibcanadian.com/student-direct-stream-2/

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
so

so in Transactions the beneficiary is not referred to one who is receiving the money ??
They are, beneficiary is also you because the money is going from your self or parent joint account to your GIC account in Canada. However, since you are still in Pakistan and do have a status in Canada the address under beneficiary details must be your Pakistani address. Hope this helps

nabilrana7

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi, I am applying in Dalhousie University for January 2020 intake, admission deadline of which is 31st August. But I am hesitant as I am not sure if applying this much late would be appropriate since the university website states that international students should apply as early as possible. If anyone has already applied for Dalhousie University, then I'll be really grateful if they can share their journey or can walk us through the process & steps.
Hello, i applied in dalhousine on 31st itself. Yet they are considering my application. I received an email saying it will take a month to asses your application

friendlyneighbour

Sep 25, 2019
Hey Everyone!
My study permit application approved today thank God.
Just want to share my timeline here.
Applied Online on July 29, 2019 (NON SDS) with Upfront Medical Exam.
Biometrics letter received July 30
Biometrics submitted August 2 at Islamabad VAC.
Biometrics updated online August 20.
Medical updated to passed August 21 and Eligibility review started the same day.
1st Ghost update August 23
2nd Ghost update August 24
3rd Ghost update September 6
4th Ghost update October 13
Biometrics Correspondence Letter October 18
Passport Request and Application Approved October 18

Just don't lose hope guys. I know it gets frustrating at times.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hey Everyone!
My study permit application approved today thank God.
Just want to share my timeline here.
Applied Online on July 29, 2019 (NON SDS) with Upfront Medical Exam.
Biometrics letter received July 30
Biometrics submitted August 2 at Islamabad VAC.
Biometrics updated online August 20.
Medical updated to passed August 21 and Eligibility review started the same day.
1st Ghost update August 23
2nd Ghost update August 24
3rd Ghost update September 6
4th Ghost update October 13
Biometrics Correspondence Letter October 18
Passport Request and Application Approved October 18

Just don't lose hope guys. I know it gets frustrating at times.
Great news congratulations.

my brother in law applied online SDS on Oct 3
Received recent transcript request letter on Oct 4 submitted same day.
Medical passed Oct 4
Biometric update Oct 7
1st Ghost update Oct 11
2nd ghost update Oct 17
Eligibility review started on Oct 17

shakaib87

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
w

Medical passed Oct 4
Biometric update Oct 7
1st Ghost update Oct 11
2nd ghost update Oct 17
whats this Ghost update ?

friendlyneighbour

Sep 25, 2019

Medical passed Oct 4
Biometric update Oct 7
1st Ghost update Oct 11
2nd ghost update Oct 17
Thanks and Good luck for you BIL's application.

Robinwood126

Sep 30, 2019
Hi my brother lives in canada, and I want to get gic certificate ., can he help me in this regard,
Can he get certificate on my behalf by depositing 10000$ or I have to send money from Pakistan

Green788

Oct 19, 2019
Hi! I have done Bachelors in Computer Engineering and working in IT industry for past 2.5 years, planning to do Master's from Canada in sept.2020. My brother is a Canadian citizen and parents have also got Canadian super-visa (for 10 years).

Here are my some questions:

1) I have heard there are strong chances of rejection if i applied for Canada as i have strong ties in Canada? How can i fix it? any suggestions?
2) First year MS fee + GIC ($10,000) around $20k-$24k would be sufficient for the whole process or i have to show bank statements(proof of funds) other than that?

Kindly answer as i can't waste time if the rejection chances are high,i must plan for MS from another country.

Thanks

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hi! I have done Bachelors in Computer Engineering and working in IT industry for past 2.5 years, planning to do Master's from Canada in sept.2020. My brother is a Canadian citizen and parents have also got Canadian super-visa (for 10 years).

Here are my some questions:

1) I have heard there are strong chances of rejection if i applied for Canada as i have strong ties in Canada? How can i fix it? any suggestions?
2) First year MS fee + GIC ($10,000) around $20k-$24k would be sufficient for the whole process or i have to show bank statements(proof of funds) other than that?

Kindly answer as i can't waste time if the rejection chances are high,i must plan for MS from another country.

Thanks
Hi Green what is your country of residence?
I applied for my brother in law on Oct 3 under SDS. Me and my wife are citizen and my mother in law also holds super visa. My MIL visited us this summer for almost 3 months and she left for back home last month. Hopefully this will help the case as she didn't abuse the visa.
My BIL just finished his A levels and coming for 3 years diplomats program Computer programming analysis in Seneca college with no job experience. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Green788

Oct 19, 2019
Hi Green what is your country of residence?
I applied for my brother in law on Oct 3 under SDS. Me and my wife are citizen and my mother in law also holds super visa. My MIL visited us this summer for almost 3 months and she left for back home last month. Hopefully this will help the case as she didn't abuse the visa.
My BIL just finished his A levels and coming for 3 years diplomats program Computer programming analysis in Seneca college with no job experience. We are keeping our fingers crossed.
Hi Ali,

Thanks for the reply, I'm from Pakistan. My parents visited Canada last year and my brother is in Canada from the past 2 decades.

I hope your BIL get the visa and job too, keep me posted and let me know if rejection on strong ties is is a myth or there is any truthiness in it.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hi Ali,

Thanks for the reply, I'm from Pakistan. My parents visited Canada last year and my brother is in Canada from the past 2 decades.

I hope your BIL get the visa and job too, keep me posted and let me know if rejection on strong ties is is a myth or there is any truthiness in it.
For sure, I have seen many people who has siblings in Canada they got their SP. Few of my friends their siblings are here on SP lets hope for the best. There is no harm in trying

hmr

May 12, 2010
Canada
AOA, I am Hafiz from Lahore/ Toronto and i wanted to bring in my elder sister to Canada.

here are few highlights of her:
  • 47 years of age
  • last degree (MA Economics) in 1996
  • last certificate in hotel Mgmt/ culinary art in 2010.
  • 3+ years of experience as chef/ cooking.
  • rejected immigration case in 2014.
  • no children
kindly guide where to start from keeping all above in mind.

Really appreciate ur support.