+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Bilal you have applied really late for January intake. I would contact school and get defer letter for May 2020. The average processing time for study permit for general category (non sds) from Pakistan are 4 months plus (17 weeks).

refer this below link for your review:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Good luck!
I agree you should postpone it for May and that will give you enough time for visa processing.

java_python

Nov 17, 2019
Bilal you have applied really late for January intake. I would contact school and get defer letter for May 2020. The average processing time for study permit for general category (non sds) from Pakistan are 4 months plus (17 weeks).

refer this below link for your review:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Good luck!
I applied Oct. 22nd non-SDS. I previously lived in Canada for 5 years as a student (2013-2018) and came back before my last year of university to visit my family. I re-applied on Oct. 22nd and got a email from VFS stating they have received my application and that it is being processed by IRCC. This was on Oct. 25th and I haven't received anything since then. Should I wait and see if they will send it before Jan 20th or should I defer my enrollment?

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
I am really disappointed at scotiabank bank for refusing my GIC. I wire transfered 11k CAD last week through ABL. Today i received an email from scotiabank that wire transfer was not accepted and the reason they provided was "missing customer address". I asked the GM of my branch about the issue and they said that they filled out every single detail on wire transfer including the address. I donnt know who to blame!!!! I am having second thoughts about sending GIC to different bank in Canada. Any suggestions????

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
I am really disappointed at scotiabank bank for refusing my GIC. I wire transfered 11k CAD last week through ABL. Today i received an email from scotiabank that wire transfer was not accepted and the reason they provided was "missing customer address". I asked the GM of my branch about the issue and they said that they filled out every single detail on wire transfer including the address. I donnt know who to blame!!!! I am having second thoughts about sending GIC to different bank in Canada. Any suggestions????
Just ignore them, bro. Go with Habib Canadian Bank. Quick and hassle-free.

faheem.sid

Dec 12, 2019
Hi all, I applied online via the SDS on the 29th of October 2019. I had given my biometrics on the 4th of November 2019. On the 5th I got a email that my visa is being processed which I guess is in Islamabad. I gave my medical after the application submission on the 20th of Nov as my consultant told me to do so which I doubted since the very beginning as an upfront medical examination is required. I have paid the tuition fees for 1 whole year, got the GIC of 10,200 CAD and had a very strong SOP and I’m sure all my documents were complete. It’s almost been 43 days since application submission and I haven’t received any update on my GC key account after the biometrics and the review of eligibility, it says that I don’t need a medical exam and currently my eligibility is being reviewed along with a background check. Now I don’t know if my Visa is being processed normally or through SDS and I’m losing patience and my classes start on the 8th of January. I feel very sad and am constantly waiting for a positive final decision every day regarding my Visa. I hope all of us on this thread who are eagerly waiting for their Visa’s, get them approved IA. I have sent a web form to IRCC though. Any inputs regarding my case would be helpful, Thanks.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi all, I applied online via the SDS on the 29th of October 2019. I had given my biometrics on the 4th of November 2019. On the 5th I got a email that my visa is being processed which I guess is in Islamabad. I gave my medical after the application submission on the 20th of Nov as my consultant told me to do so which I doubted since the very beginning as an upfront medical examination is required. I have paid the tuition fees for 1 whole year, got the GIC of 10,200 CAD and had a very strong SOP and I’m sure all my documents were complete. It’s almost been 43 days since application submission and I haven’t received any update on my GC key account after the biometrics and the review of eligibility, it says that I don’t need a medical exam and currently my eligibility is being reviewed along with a background check. Now I don’t know if my Visa is being processed normally or through SDS and I’m losing patience and my classes start on the 8th of January. I feel very sad and am constantly waiting for a positive final decision every day regarding my Visa. I hope all of us on this thread who are eagerly waiting for their Visa’s, get them approved IA. I have sent a web form to IRCC though. Any inputs regarding my case would be helpful, Thanks.
If you do not attach proof of upfront medical with your application, it is automatically treated as a regular study permit application. You can contact IRCC to clarify on this, though.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Just ignore them, bro. Go with Habib Canadian Bank. Quick and hassle-free.
I was thinking about it. After making another visit to the ABL they assured me that the address will be amended and the same money will go back to scotiabank. They explained that money will be hold by intermediate Canadian bank untill amandment of the address is taken care of. And it shouldnt take more then a day or 2. Lets see what happens.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
If you do not attach proof of upfront medical with your application, it is automatically treated as a regular study permit application. You can contact IRCC to clarify on this, though.
I agree since you didnt had upfront medical you application went to non SDS. It should take 4 months to process. I am not sure why your consultant misguided you

faheem.sid

Dec 12, 2019
I agree since you didnt had upfront medical you application went to non SDS. It should take 4 months to process. I am not sure why your consultant misguided you
guys, idk how it’s a miracle but my GC key account says that I passed the medical. I had sent IRCC a webform that I applied with SDS and have done my medical...

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
guys, idk how it’s a miracle but my GC key account says that I passed the medical. I had sent IRCC a webform that I applied with SDS and have done my medical...
Hey thats a good news but the problem is SDS application gets processed whitin 20 days and you mentioned that its been 43 days already. I wonder if they going to treat this as non sds or sds.

faheem.sid

Dec 12, 2019
Y
Hey thats a good news but the problem is SDS application gets processed whitin 20 days and you mentioned that its been 43 days already. I wonder if they going to treat this as non sds or sds.
Yes you have a point, I’m just hoping for the best...

Infinitytemmy

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
congratulations Faizan,

It takes somewhere in between 1 week to 3 weeks to get passport back with visa. Please share your profile and timeline. Also under which category you applied?
I am a Nigerian ,resides in nigeria ,can my sister who is a citizen of united state eligible to sponsor my education in Canada ?