+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Hi Guys,
I've following queries regarding study visa;
- with bachelor's degree (14 years edu) from pakistan, can it help to secure admission in Master's in canada?
- what are the designated universities which provide PSW
- how much fee should be expected for a semester on average
- do we need to pay 1 year fee in advance or for 1st semester only
- do we require to get the degrees attested from WES (world education system) canada.
- if i couldn't secure admission in masters (with 2 years bachelors from pakistan), are there 02 years programs options (at bachelors level) which will provide PSW as well?

Pls advise, thanks.

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
If you have any family in Canada they can get ur file under access to information act. But they should be citizen or landed immigrant. As that may give u some additional information why it was declined. It will have complete notes of processing officer. Language can tell u little more
Hi @faisaljadoon.

I applied the GCMS notes (Privacy Act) for my brother. I submitted the request on his behalf and also uploaded the consent form. He is not in Canada and is the principal applicant. I have a PR and based on the different answers I found on this forum - some people said that they were able to get GCMS notes for their spouse just because they are related to them.

Do you think I should apply for the ATIP instead?

Pls do let me know, thanks
SW

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hello @jigzyy,

I applied the GCMS notes (Privacy Act) for my brother. I submitted the request on his behalf and also uploaded the consent form. He is not in Canada and is the principal applicant. I have a PR and based on the different answers I found on this forum - some people said that they were able to get GCMS notes for their spouse just because they are related to them.

Steph

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hello @jigzyy,

Steph
As long as the consent was attached, I don't think there'll be an issue.

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
How to become filer ? , I did everything that was required for being a filer ,my nmae is in the ATL but the status in INACTIVE am i still a filer ? Can i open foreign currency account now ?
I have taken the help from a tax lawyer. If your status is inactive, it means you are not a filer. Have you paid the challan of Rs. 1000 to become a filer?

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
RIP my friends.

Visa refused after AIP, on eligibility reasons. Never felt so hopeless as a Pakistani. Didn't defer. Didn't do anything that would make them reconsider my stage 1 approval.

IELTS: 8.0
Program: Bachelor's in CompSci, University of Windsor.

And yes, rejected on the same reasons they provide to everyone - especially after AIP.

Edit: Yes, I applied under SDS. I have no previous refusals. My medical and biometrics passed months ago. No criminal record, nothing.
What is the reason they have given for refusing your visa?

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Don’t worry buddy. Its just an assumption. Insha Allah you’ll be there, where you are destined to. Go pray, he can do beyond our imagination.
Indeed, very well said and the best motivational sentence you can give to anyone. JazakALLAH

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
GCMS notes can cause trouble if order before decision made as it can be made reason of relationship within Canada or not ?
No. Ordering GCMS notes has no impact on the outcome of the application.

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hello,

Can anyone please explain what actually happens in medical? What they do and how long the whole process takes?

zeen2019

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hello,

Can anyone please explain what actually happens in medical? What they do and how long the whole process takes?
You get to the medical office building. Put your stuff in a locker. Then you go in and get a number token from the machine. They call you to a counter acc to the number and get all your detail like passport etc and might ask you what visa your are applying for (nothing complicated). Then they send you to the xray/ first contact side of the office where you get xray done and then you wait till a nurse/doctor type calls you in , takes your height and weight and gets some very basic medical information from you. Then you get handed a urine sample bottle and sent to the lab side. There they take some blood and ask you for the urine sample (take your time, drink lots of water). They might call you in to the doctor's office in the meantime where the doctor gets a more detailed history and does a physical examination (chest , abd etc). And that's it basically, you might get sent to the lab/counter again for some paperwork/confirmation but this above is the basics of what happens at the karachi med center. Given how crowded it is and how fast or slow ppl are working, not to mention how much water you drink, it takes 2 hrs easily. Or more. Most of that time is waiting though.

At every step there are ppl who will guide you so no need to worry.

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
You get to the medical office building. Put your stuff in a locker. Then you go in and get a number token from the machine. They call you to a counter acc to the number and get all your detail like passport etc and might ask you what visa your are applying for (nothing complicated). Then they send you to the xray/ first contact side of the office where you get xray done and then you wait till a nurse/doctor type calls you in , takes your height and weight and gets some very basic medical information from you. Then you get handed a urine sample bottle and sent to the lab side. There they take some blood and ask you for the urine sample (take your time, drink lots of water). They might call you in to the doctor's office in the meantime where the doctor gets a more detailed history and does a physical examination (chest , abd etc). And that's it basically, you might get sent to the lab/counter again for some paperwork/confirmation but this above is the basics of what happens at the karachi med center. Given how crowded it is and how fast or slow ppl are working, not to mention how much water you drink, it takes 2 hrs easily. Or more. Most of that time is waiting though.

At every step there are ppl who will guide you so no need to worry.
Thank you so much for your prompt and detailed response.