01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
no you need the medical for with you have everything else ready and apply on 13th august i am sure your program will be online anyways
Salam Bhai,

As per the new temporary policy for study permits for fall 2020, we are allowed to submit SDS application without an upfront medical exam. All we have to do upload an explanation letter instead of medical exam confirmation. Our application will be reviewed and Approval in Principle will be issued if all our finance and reasons are valid. Final approval will grant us a full student permit but that is after when we submit Medical Confirmation, Biometric, and PCC.

The same was suggested by @jigzyy and I got it confirmed from a student who actually done it. I'm quoting a reference from a Facebook page.

Hope it helps other Students too. :)

Thanks

Asad Rai Hey! I applied through the SDS stream as well and did not have a medical. Instead, I uploaded a Letter of explanation because at that time medical centers weren’t opened. When they did open, I got my medical done and submitted a webform. I got an update after 5 days that my medical
Is passed for my application and everything else is still under progress.

zeen2019

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Salam Bhai,

As per the new temporary policy for study permits for fall 2020, we are allowed to submit SDS application without an upfront medical exam. All we have to do upload an explanation letter instead of medical exam confirmation. Our application will be reviewed and Approval in Principle will be issued if all our finance and reasons are valid. Final approval will grant us a full student permit but that is after when we submit Medical Confirmation, Biometric, and PCC.

The same was suggested by @jigzyy and I got it confirmed from a student who actually done it. I'm quoting a reference from a Facebook page.

Thanks
Im in the same boat, my medical is on the 12, everything else I have in hand. You mentioned in your earlier post that the application doesnt let you apply for sds without the medical. How can we work around that?

Also, do we get our medical results/number/watever we have to upload to CIC, the same day?

Last edited:

Usman6843

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Salam Bhai,

Thanks
It is clearly mentioned that if you don't fulfill sds requirements then apply for regular study permit. It is better to wait for medical ,otherwise you can apply but it will consider non-sds.

Reactions: Vycanis

Usman6843

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Im in the same boat, my medical is on the 12, everything else I have in hand. You mentioned in your earlier post that the application doesnt let you apply for sds without the medical. How can we work around that?

Also, do we get our medical results/number/watever we have to upload to CIC, the same day?
Student Direct Stream (SDS)
Note: Clients are advised to submit a study permit application under the SDS only if they can satisfy all eligibility requirements upon submission of their application. Those who are unable to provide the required documents for the SDS upon submitting their application may be advised to submit a study permit application under the regular process or to apply under the SDS once services resume and they are able to submit the required documents.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit.html

zeen2019

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Student Direct Stream (SDS)
Note: Clients are advised to submit a study permit application under the SDS only if they can satisfy all eligibility requirements upon submission of their application. Those who are unable to provide the required documents for the SDS upon submitting their application may be advised to submit a study permit application under the regular process or to apply under the SDS once services resume and they are able to submit the required documents.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit.html
Yea, thats what I wondering about and I think I would prefer waiting for the medical if we get results/confirmation same day, so I can put in my complete app on the 12th. Even if it's approval for now, dont want to be too late (relatively speaking, thanks covid)

Usman6843

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Yea, thats what I wondering about and I think I would prefer waiting for the medical if we get results/confirmation same day, so I can put in my complete app on the 12th. Even if it's approval for now, dont want to be too late (relatively speaking, thanks covid)
You will get medical form same day and then you can apply on 12. Be ready all other documents in scanned form and most importantly credit card

Reactions: zeen2019

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
It is clearly mentioned that if you don't fulfill sds requirements then apply for regular study permit. It is better to wait for medical ,otherwise you can apply but it will consider non-sds.
Thank you so much Usman for showing me this. I was about to submit my application with an explanation letter as mentioned by one student on facebook group. I think its better to wait for 13. Thanks again. :)

On the initial stage, I selected yes "I have medical confirmation" and later in SDS application I was about to upload an explanation letter. :)

Reactions: Usman6843

RabiaSabir

Jul 8, 2020
My father applied for sponsor visa in 2009 For different country but we didn’t get It. we didn’t face any selection or rejection. We had biometric back than so it is important to mention that in our application. Now I’m married and my husband is mainapplicant

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
My father applied for sponsor visa in 2009 For different country but we didn’t get It. we didn’t face any selection or rejection. We had biometric back than so it is important to mention that in our application. Now I’m married and my husband is mainapplicant
We didn't get it in what sense? Which country? Surely there must have been a decision of some kind?

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hi guys hope you are doing well
So I applied for study permit under sds on July 1. I got the latter for biometrics tomorrow.
I am applying for undergrad for BSCS
Paid the the GIC
Paid the first year fee
Given the proof of funds 100 million
No relative in Canada
Session going to start in sep
So I need your suggestion what are my chances of getting approved and how long will it take to process my sds application usually it is 21 days but these are different times. Thank you in advance
Hi,

I will be needing some of the following information from you:

1. Which bank have you chosen to pay your GIC from?
1.1 Name of the bank
1.2 City of the bank
1.3 Branch of the bank (if Karachi)
2. Are you a filer (asking only as I heard that only a filer can open a foreign currency account)
3. Did you pay the tuition fee from your foreign currency account?

Looking forward to your response and good luck for your visa, I hope you will get it InshaALLAH

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
My father is in America. Its true we didn’t face any rejection I don’t know why but its true
Just mention my father applied for USA sponsor visa for me in 2009 but withdrew application or application returned. Whichever is more appropriate.