+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hey can someone help me . I applied for winter 2020 under sds and got rejected . I resided in UAE for 19 years and came here to Pakistan to apply under sds also cancelled my residence visa . I want to reapply but I dont know if i have a fair chance .
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

4. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

These were my refusal reasons .
So they counted all the factors. Kindly, share your profile to get better idea of your situation. No harm in reapply but yoy want to make sure not to repeat the same mistake.
Your full profile. Education background, employment, finance, travel history, age , marriage status, etc....

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Do I like put it here or email you .
Did you get a visa yet ?
You either share your profile here so others can advice you as well or you can send in private massage. Dont worry its just information that we need to know in order to guide you properly. Its up to you.

inshira786

Dec 15, 2019
Familys back in UAE , I just came specially for SDS thing . Did A-Levels and IELTS from UAE (June 2019 ) .

MATHS -C
COMPUTER SCIENCE -C
PHYSICS -B
CHEMISTRY -B

. Got admission into University of Calgary for fall 2019 for Computer Science (Mentioned in the SOP ) but couldn't apply in time for visa so thought of applying for Ambrose University (Winter 2020) for business and later on transferring . Made an SOP though solely based on wanting to do business in future and nothing about the transfer stuff . GIC (10260$) was paid by my father but fees was paid to the university by my uncle who's living in Alberta . His name wasn't mentioned in the application as I just showed statements of fees in Ambrose on my name (The student) . No other bank statements . Also showed two properties in Pakistan of my parents and their values .

Travel history - Not much .
UAE
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Oman
Although I had made a new passport , and the old passport had all visa stamps . I did not show any page from my old passport so maybe that's why travel history was an issue .

Since I applied under sds , and fees was supposed to be paid for an entire year . I took 3 courses each term and paid approx 11600$ for them to the university .
and approx entire year fee with full courses (5) was 17000$.

Now again I got admission into University of Calgary for Chemsitry and put on waitlist for Computer Science.

inshira786

Dec 15, 2019
Familys back in UAE , I just came specially for SDS thing . Did A-Levels and IELTS from UAE (June 2019 ) .

MATHS -C
COMPUTER SCIENCE -C
PHYSICS -B
CHEMISTRY -B

. Got admission into University of Calgary for fall 2019 for Computer Science (Mentioned in the SOP ) but couldn't apply in time for visa so thought of applying for Ambrose University (Winter 2020) for business and later on transferring . Made an SOP though solely based on wanting to do business in future and nothing about the transfer stuff . GIC (10260$) was paid by my father but fees was paid to the university by my uncle who's living in Alberta . His name wasn't mentioned in the application as I just showed statements of fees in Ambrose on my name (The student) . No other bank statements . Also showed two properties in Pakistan of my parents and their values .

UAE
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Oman
Although I had made a new passport , and the old passport had all visa stamps . I did not show any page from my old passport so maybe that's why travel history was an issue .

Since I applied under sds , and fees was supposed to be paid for an entire year . I took 3 courses each term and paid approx 11600$ for them to the university .

Now again I got admission into University of Calgary for Chemsitry and put on waitlist for Computer Science.
Unemployed as just did my A-levels and I am basically a student though did summer jobs and worked as a cashier which was mentioned in the application as well .
Single .
Brought up in UAE and family is still there .

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019

MATHS -C
COMPUTER SCIENCE -C
PHYSICS -B
CHEMISTRY -B

UAE
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Oman

I am not an expert but based on my knowledge I see lots of things going on here. You should definitely order GCM notes to get the clear picture and then reapply.
1- your course must be related to your field of study or future/ current employment. You got accepted to 2 different program and i am sure visa officer has record of that. You can justify the Visa officer why its important for you to complete certain course.
2- you need to pay full year tuttion and GIC as per SDS requirements.
3- you need to show home ties to your country.
4- you need to show strong finance, assets if you can. Any bank statement, future employment in your country, etc...
5- if you have traveled previously to any country attach everything it helps with travel history.

End of the day , they want to make sure that you are a genuine student.
On you new SOP you need to explain things that Visa officer is concerned about and need to convince him somehow that why this course is important to you and why you want to study in canada and how this course is going to help you with your future plans. GCM notes will help you overcome this issue.

Reactions: Danish097

ahsan056

Apr 28, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Hi,

i want to apply for Canada sep 2020 intake for master . i done ielts with this score L6 R6 W5.5 S5 OA5.5 but its doesn't meet the mini requirement for SDS and now ielts is temporary closed. So one consultant suggest me to apply on NON-SDS. On SDS their is a lot of investment which i can not afford.

Any suggestion??

Thanks
So apply as non SDS that way u dont have to worry about IELTS or paying GIC or full year tuition in advance.
So apply as non SDS that way u dont have to worry about IELTS or paying GIC or full year tuition in advance.
okay Thanks for your reply.
but some people says about the NON-SDS Visa ratio is not to much good. so what your opinion?
and what duolingo English test accepted in under SDS?

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hey can someone help me . I applied for winter 2020 under sds and got rejected . I resided in UAE for 19 years and came here to Pakistan to apply under sds also cancelled my residence visa . I want to reapply but I dont know if i have a fair chance .
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

4. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

These were my refusal reasons .
your time line ?

inshira786

Dec 15, 2019
I am not an expert but based on my knowledge I see lots of things going on here. You should definitely order GCM notes to get the clear picture and then reapply.
1- your course must be related to your field of study or future/ current employment. You got accepted to 2 different program and i am sure visa officer has record of that. You can justify the Visa officer why its important for you to complete certain course.
2- you need to pay full year tuttion and GIC as per SDS requirements.
3- you need to show home ties to your country.
4- you need to show strong finance, assets if you can. Any bank statement, future employment in your country, etc...
5- if you have traveled previously to any country attach everything it helps with travel history.

End of the day , they want to make sure that you are a genuine student.
On you new SOP you need to explain things that Visa officer is concerned about and need to convince him somehow that why this course is important to you and why you want to study in canada and how this course is going to help you with your future plans. GCM notes will help you overcome this issue.
I did get the notes from a lawyer whos my frnd . She though couldn't interpret them as she doesn't handle such applications . But its vague , nothing specific . Do you know any good consultants in karachi who could genuinely help me with my case and not just be there for the money .

inshira786

Dec 15, 2019
I did get the notes from a lawyer whos my frnd . She though couldn't interpret them as she doesn't handle such applications . But its vague , nothing specific . Do you know any good consultants in karachi who could genuinely help me with my case and not just be there for the money .
or in Canada .

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
or in Canada .
or in Canada .
Lawyers cant get GCMS notes and if there wasn't anything specific mentioned then it means those weren't GCMS notes they are very detailed

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hello! I got admission letter from college and my ielts overall score is 7. I am thinking to apply through NON SDS program as its more affordable for me and i still have alot of time as i am going for January 2021 intake. What are your suggestions? Should i take this risk?
Go for it if thats the only choice u have. Ppl that cannt pass ielts or cannt make around 28-30 lac payment in advance for 1 year tuition + gic have no other choice but to take non sds route. You got plenty of time till January intake for nonsds application.

Reactions: Danish097