+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

rolandsoft

Oct 27, 2016
My mother-in-law got a letter from CIC yesterday and she was scheduled for Jan 22 for Testing/Interview/verification... since she is over 65 she is exempted from the citizenship test.

We applied last Sept, but the application was returned in Oct because she forgot to put the date in the signature section. We, put the date in, then mailed it immediately, and got acknowledgement Nov. 10... From the online status, her case started processing Nov 20... she was scheduled for a vacation this Jan to Apr, and since we thought the application will take 12 mos.

I hand carried her letter asking for a reschedule to the Winnipeg office (which is near my office) but once I got there they say that I have mail the response and that they won't accept the letter from the public other than mail carriers...

So I had to go across the street to Winnipeg Square, and use snail mail... I mailed it this friday, It will probably arrive on Tuesday which is the date my mother-in-law is flying...

Lots of red-tape!

TTCX

Jan 10, 2018
Just got a letter from Winnipeg office yesterday with letter date Jan 05, 2018 stated that they had scheduled my mother in law for interview verification on Jan 29th. She is over age of 55 no test needed. No update on ECAS, it only states that her case was in process on Oct 26, 2017.

Timeline
Name: JHHSU
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1,496 days
App Sent: Sept 6, 2017
Received: Sept 11, 2017
AOR: Oct 12, 2017
IP/ECAS: Oct 26, 2017

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Just got a letter from Winnipeg office yesterday with letter date Jan 05, 2018 stated that they had scheduled my mother in law for interview verification on Jan 29th. She is over age of 55 no test needed. No update on ECAS, it only states that her case was in process on Oct 26, 2017.

Timeline
Name: JHHSU
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1,496 days
App Sent: Sept 6, 2017
Received: Sept 11, 2017
AOR: Oct 12, 2017
IP/ECAS: Oct 26, 2017
updated, thank you for the update!

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I am back on the Canada immigration forum after 3 years of absence following a crazy PR process. For PR, I was on the PhD application stream as soon as it opened, and I was rejected the first time I tried (as many, many other applicants who jumped on this stream too early - see my earlier posts for details).

We applied for Citizenship from Winnipeg as a couple in October 2017.

Here is our current timeline:
Application mailed: Oct 13th, 2017 (I had been eagerly waiting for Bill-C6 to be implemented!)
AOR received: Dec 15th, 2017

I was very surprised that post Oct 11th 2017 applicants got their AOR and IP status this fast. Seems to me that my file is already taking longer than other post Oct 11th applicants.

Last edited:

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hi everyone,
I am back on the Canada immigration forum after 3 years of absence following a crazy PR process. For PR, I was on the PhD application stream as soon as it opened, and I was rejected the first time I tried (as many, many other applicants who jumped on this stream too early - see my earlier posts for details).

Application mailed: Oct 13th, 2017 (I had been eagerly waiting for Bill-C6 to be implemented!)

I was very surprised that post Oct 11th 2017 applicants got their AOR and IP status this fast. Seems to me that my file is already taking longer than other post Oct 11th applicants.
Do you know when the CIC received your application? also, can you provide the physical presence in days for the tracker? I have added other details you have provided in the tracker.

According to the tracker about 10% of the Oct applicants have not received AOR yet. i think you are ahead of them at this stage. Good luck with the rest of the process.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC received my application on October 19th.

Days in Canada: 1381 for me, 1398 for hubby.

Last edited:

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017
Hi everyone,

u r lucky at least u got AOR .. my application received by CIC on oct 20th but i didnt get AOR yet .. dont knw wht i hv to do.. i m also from winnipeg ..

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC most likely received my application on October 16th, although I am not certain (I had checked my mail tracker to be sure).

Days in Canada: 1381 for me, 1398 for hubby.
You can check status online on CIC site to find out when they received your application.

Spelling19

May 15, 2017
Thank God after waiting for almost 4 months after being DM and after filing a complaint to the Minister of Immigration in Ottawa, IRCC-Winnipeg sent an Oath Invitation in the mail and was received today. Actually, I was disappointed of how they process applications. The reason that I filed a complaint is that they prioritize applications submitted at a later date, whereas, the applications submitted earlier were left behind. I felt very unjust. Some of the applicants who submitted at a later date than mine already took the oath last Nov/Dec 2017 (last year). I felt something fishy about it and according to them they always process applications at a first come first serve basis but it wasn't followed in my case. I got good results from my complaint though. This journey is well over. Oath taking ceremony will be next month (February 2018).

My timeline: :)

Application submitted - May 1, 2017

Acknowledgement letter received by email - May 25, 2017

Application processed - June 5, 2017

Invitation for citizenship test received - September 2, 2017

Citizenship test (passed 20/20) - September 25, 2017

Decision Made - October 3, 2017

Requested for ATIP/Electronic Citizenship notes - November 22, 2017

ATIP/Electronic Citizenship notes received - December 20, 2017
(By Email) - Status passed and cleared (Knowledge,
Language, Criminality, Prohibition and Security)
(Citizenship granted but no Oath schedule yet)

Sent complaint letter to IRCC - Winnipeg - January 3, 2018

Sent complaint letter by mail - January 11, 2018
to Minister of Immigration in Ottawa

Filed complaint to IRCC Headquarters - January 19, 2018
(Sydney, Nova Scotia) via Webform

Application back to IN PROCESS - January 23, 2018

Application from IN PROCESS and back to DM - January 24, 2018

Oath letter sent via postal mail - January 24, 2018

Oath invitation received - January 26, 2018

Oath taking for Canadian citizenship ceremony - February 20, 2018

What a journey it has been !!!!!!! :)

Reactions: N_Shine

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Thank God after waiting for almost 4 months after being DM and after filing a complaint to the Minister of Immigration in Ottawa, IRCC-Winnipeg sent an Oath Invitation in the mail and was received today. Actually, I was disappointed of how they process applications. The reason that I filed a complaint is that they prioritize applications submitted at a later date, whereas, the applications submitted earlier were left behind. I felt very unjust. Some of the applicants who submitted at a later date than mine already took the oath last Nov/Dec 2017 (last year). I felt something fishy about it and according to them they always process applications at a first come first serve basis but it wasn't followed in my case. I got good results from my complaint though. This journey is well over. Oath taking ceremony will be next month (February 2018).

My timeline: :)

Application submitted - May 1, 2017

Acknowledgement letter received by email - May 25, 2017

Application processed - June 5, 2017

Invitation for citizenship test received - September 2, 2017

Citizenship test (passed 20/20) - September 25, 2017

Decision Made - October 3, 2017

Requested for ATIP/Electronic Citizenship notes - November 22, 2017

ATIP/Electronic Citizenship notes received - December 20, 2017
(By Email) - Status passed and cleared (Knowledge,
Language, Criminality, Prohibition and Security)
(Citizenship granted but no Oath schedule yet)

Sent complaint letter to IRCC - Winnipeg - January 3, 2018

Sent complaint letter by mail - January 11, 2018
to Minister of Immigration in Ottawa

Filed complaint to IRCC Headquarters - January 19, 2018
(Sydney, Nova Scotia) via Webform

Application back to IN PROCESS - January 23, 2018

Application from IN PROCESS and back to DM - January 24, 2018

Oath letter sent via postal mail - January 24, 2018

Oath invitation received - January 26, 2018

Oath taking for Canadian citizenship ceremony - February 20, 2018

What a journey it has been !!!!!!! :)

Congratulations! This is disappointing for Winnipeg but I'm glad your journey is over.

Just have a few questions:
Did you get any response to your complain as to why it took that long to schedule you for Oath?

Did you also see an update in ECAS about your scheduled oath before receiving the mail by post?

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
How long does it take from Application Rcvd to in process? People who got AOR after me their status started showing inprocess, but mine not, should I be worried?

Spelling19

May 15, 2017
Congratulations! This is disappointing for Winnipeg but I'm glad your journey is over.

Just have a few questions:
Did you get any response to your complain as to why it took that long to schedule you for Oath?

Did you also see an update in ECAS about your scheduled oath before receiving the mail by post?

They did not let me know the reason why hehe and yes they updated my ECAS regarding the oath invitation letter sent by mail