Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
Update on my application - just got IP.
Timeline:
App sent: Oct 13th 2017
App received: Oct 19th 2017
AoR: Dec 15th 2017
IP: Jan 18th 2018

Any idea of when the test invite may fall? I already started studying, but it seems that I may need to hit the gas pedal on that front.

LauraTschetter

Jul 8, 2017
Hi all- update on my application...I called today to see what was up and was told that my test scores/completion is now listed on my application and that the only thing holding me up now is they have to check my residency. Which really confuses me. I was told by the citizenship officer at my test that because I had a lot of vacations listed ( my days present in Canada were WELL within the allowed- we just go on little vacations a lot) that it would just have to be crossed checked and that it should be done in 24 hours. THAT was in JULY!!! The woman today on the phone said that since she sees no mistakes or other flags in my application there is nothing she can do. She suggested I use the web form- even tho it clearly says if it hasn't been a year they most likely won't respond. I did send the form and explained that I think something has happened and I have been forgotten or something. I have lived and worked in Canada for 30 years and except for going to Texas (home), Vegas and a couple cruises I am ALWAYS HERE!! So I am back to waiting. Now I am stuck here and I can't even plan a trip home to visit my family because I am waiting for the oath ceremony...and don't want to chance it getting scheduled while I'm gone. I am so frustrated and sad that this process is so slow. :(

Spelling19

May 15, 2017
Hi all- update on my application...I called today to see what was up and was told that my test scores/completion is now listed on my application and that the only thing holding me up now is they have to check my residency. Which really confuses me. I was told by the citizenship officer at my test that because I had a lot of vacations listed ( my days present in Canada were WELL within the allowed- we just go on little vacations a lot) that it would just have to be crossed checked and that it should be done in 24 hours. THAT was in JULY!!! The woman today on the phone said that since she sees no mistakes or other flags in my application there is nothing she can do. She suggested I use the web form- even tho it clearly says if it hasn't been a year they most likely won't respond. I did send the form and explained that I think something has happened and I have been forgotten or something. I have lived and worked in Canada for 30 years and except for going to Texas (home), Vegas and a couple cruises I am ALWAYS HERE!! So I am back to waiting. Now I am stuck here and I can't even plan a trip home to visit my family because I am waiting for the oath ceremony...and don't want to chance it getting scheduled while I'm gone. I am so frustrated and sad that this process is so slow. :(
Hi there I felt what you feel right now although we have a different situation. In my case, I sent a letter of complaint to the Minister of Immigration in Ottawa. Secondly, I submitted a complaint online through the web form and thirdly, I sent a letter of complaint, update and disappointment directly to IRCC-Winnipeg and after 2 weeks they updated my ECAS and letting me know that they have already sent my oath invitation through mail. I know for a fact that patience is a virtue but they just need to be pushed a little bit. If I didn't complain, they would not have sent that oath invite. It really depends on the citizenship officer finalizing your application. Some of them are fast and some are so slow and lazy. If you want to know my situation and the outcome, read my story and timeline on page 22. (The very long one). Thanks

LauraTschetter

Jul 8, 2017
Hi there I felt what you feel right now although we have a different situation. In my case, I sent a letter of complaint to the Minister of Immigration in Ottawa. Secondly, I submitted a complaint online through the web form and thirdly, I sent a letter of complaint, update and disappointment directly to IRCC-Winnipeg and after 2 weeks they updated my ECAS and letting me know that they have already sent my oath invitation through mail. I know for a fact that patience is a virtue but they just need to be pushed a little bit. If I didn't complain, they would not have sent that oath invite. It really depends on the citizenship officer finalizing your application. Some of them are fast and some are so slow and lazy. If you want to know my situation and the outcome, read my story and timeline on page 22. (The very long one). Thanks
Hi! Yes, I noticed your post earlier too. I started my application one month earlier than you and I'm still waiting. I do believe I got set aside and forgotten. I am hoping me sending the web form will help float me back up. Where did you send your letter of complaint to Winnipeg? I may need to do that as well... Thanks for responding!!

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank God after waiting for almost 4 months after being DM and after filing a complaint to the Minister of Immigration in Ottawa, IRCC-Winnipeg sent an Oath Invitation in the mail and was received today. Actually, I was disappointed of how they process applications. The reason that I filed a complaint is that they prioritize applications submitted at a later date, whereas, the applications submitted earlier were left behind. I felt very unjust. Some of the applicants who submitted at a later date than mine already took the oath last Nov/Dec 2017 (last year). I felt something fishy about it and according to them they always process applications at a first come first serve basis but it wasn't followed in my case. I got good results from my complaint though. This journey is well over. Oath taking ceremony will be next month (February 2018).

My timeline: :)

Application submitted - May 1, 2017

Acknowledgement letter received by email - May 25, 2017

Application processed - June 5, 2017

Invitation for citizenship test received - September 2, 2017

Citizenship test (passed 20/20) - September 25, 2017

Decision Made - October 3, 2017

Requested for ATIP/Electronic Citizenship notes - November 22, 2017

ATIP/Electronic Citizenship notes received - December 20, 2017
(By Email) - Status passed and cleared (Knowledge,
Language, Criminality, Prohibition and Security)
(Citizenship granted but no Oath schedule yet)

Sent complaint letter to IRCC - Winnipeg - January 3, 2018

Sent complaint letter by mail - January 11, 2018
to Minister of Immigration in Ottawa

Filed complaint to IRCC Headquarters - January 19, 2018
(Sydney, Nova Scotia) via Webform

Application back to IN PROCESS - January 23, 2018

Application from IN PROCESS and back to DM - January 24, 2018

Oath letter sent via postal mail - January 24, 2018

Oath invitation received - January 26, 2018

Oath taking for Canadian citizenship ceremony - February 20, 2018

What a journey it has been !!!!!!! :)
Hi! Good for you that your situation moved forward.
Could you please share the actual addresses (email or physical) you sent your complaints to?
Thanks!

Spelling19

May 15, 2017
Hi! Yes, I noticed your post earlier too. I started my application one month earlier than you and I'm still waiting. I do believe I got set aside and forgotten. I am hoping me sending the web form will help float me back up. Where did you send your letter of complaint to Winnipeg? I may need to do that as well... Thanks for responding!!
Hi sorry for the late reply. Write a letter and send via Canada post to :

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Winnipeg local office
269 Main Street, Suite 400
Winnipeg, MB
R3C 1B2

*Note: Do not personally send the letter to the office as they won't accept it they only accept letters delivered by Canada post and other service couriers. Good luck. They usually reply via email to your query. Don't forget to put your application number on the letter.

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hi @Spelling19 in your case did you see the ecas update about your oath before you receive the letter in the mail? I’m just concerned that it might not update in ecas first before I get the oath invitation by mail since I can’t check my mail regularly.

This happened to me when they needed additional docs and this request only showed up in ecas after CIC received the doc they requested for.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Hi @Spelling19 in your case did you see the ecas update about your oath before you receive the letter in the mail? I’m just concerned that it might not update in ecas first before I get the oath invitation by mail since I can’t check my mail regularly.

This happened to me when they needed additional docs and this request only showed up in ecas after CIC received the doc they requested for.
Hi @alexy2016 ,
I am in same situation. I made the test 2 months ago and until today, the ecas did not update for the test invite. I received the invitation by email. As well, no decision made yet. It is obvious since the ecas is stale and did not update for the test invite.

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hi @alexy2016 ,
I am in same situation. I made the test 2 months ago and until today, the ecas did not update for the test invite. I received the invitation by email. As well, no decision made yet. It is obvious since the ecas is stale and did not update for the test invite.
That’s odd because in my case I saw the test invite in ecas before I got it in the mail and I didn’t receive an email. I guess it differs then for every applicant. Are you from winnipeg too?

Edit: I just saw your pic so I guess you apllied in Alberta.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
That’s odd because in my case I saw the test invite in ecas before I got it in the mail and I didn’t receive an email. I guess it differs then for every applicant. Are you from winnipeg too?

Edit: I just saw your pic so I guess you apllied in Alberta.
Yes I am from Edmonton
What I wanted to say that not always the ecas is updated

Reactions: alexy2016

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Yes I am from Edmonton
What I wanted to say that not always the ecas is updated
Yes I get that. I was just wondering if this is a normal occurence in Winnipeg that’s why I asked where you applied because I’m making a theory. Lol.

Just like in Calgary they generally receive emails for test invites but in Winnipeg we receive it by post so I’m figuring out how the local office here works.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Yes I get that. I was just wondering if this is a normal occurence in Winnipeg that’s why I asked where you applied because I’m making a theory. Lol.

Just like in Calgary they generally receive emails for test invites but in Winnipeg we receive it by post so I’m figuring out how the local office here works.
Hi Alexy, did you get your test invite both by mail and email, or just by postal mail? Now I'm worried because the postal service in our neighbourhood to be a bit iffy :( I am also in Winnipeg.