+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Horizon13

Star Member
May 24, 2017
We sent you a notice on November 20, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 10, 2017. *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

LauraTschetter

Jul 8, 2017
We sent you a notice on November 20, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 10, 2017. *Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
Congrats!!!!

Still nothing for me :(. I called again yesterday and actually got thru after the 3rd try...she said the normal stuff..."it can take up to and sometimes more than 12 months to process..." but I asked her to please look into my application and she did...she said my test score wasn't even entered into the system. (I passed with 20/20 and was told probably 2-3 months back in July...) She sent a 'note' to somewhere...hopefully my citizenship officer...to please look into it for me. Other than that I have to just wait. :( It's really getting discouraging. I have lived and worked here for over 30 years. The agent on the phone was really nice tho...lol. Maybe SOMEDAY...

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!!!

Still nothing for me :(. I called again yesterday and actually got thru after the 3rd try...she said the normal stuff..."it can take up to and sometimes more than 12 months to process..." but I asked her to please look into my application and she did...she said my test score wasn't even entered into the system. (I passed with 20/20 and was told probably 2-3 months back in July...) She sent a 'note' to somewhere...hopefully my citizenship officer...to please look into it for me. Other than that I have to just wait. :( It's really getting discouraging. I have lived and worked here for over 30 years. The agent on the phone was really nice tho...lol. Maybe SOMEDAY...
Don't worry, hang in there. Ours took 11 months to complete (my wife is a US citizen).

kha93

Nov 30, 2017
I passed the test November 14, still waiting for the oath ceremony, how long you should wait usually?

lelit28

Dec 1, 2017
Good luck to you..Me too August 31 and i passed my exam 19/20 still i didn't hear from them and now i checked in progress what is that mean?

N_Shine

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I applied Oct 20 and got AOR Nov 30. Till then no IP. I heard a lot about Wnpg being very slow though it doesnt look like Wnpg has a lot of applicants compared to the other cities eh Its waiting game now

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
AOR-CIO: 9th May 2012
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Dont know but ECAS Changed to IN-PROCESS 24/5/2012
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
Finally got oath swearing invitation. Pheeew...what a wait

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
October citizenship applicant here. Its been 3 weeks since AOR was received and no In process as of yet. I wonder how much longer are they going to take. And it is also not clear if it is the WPG office which initiates the criminal, immigration and security checks or if it is the CPC Sydney or if it is an automatic process once the file is created in their system. Well in any case, waiting is the only alternative here. Congratulations to each and everyone who is making progress on this journey.

N_Shine

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
October citizenship applicant here. Its been 3 weeks since AOR was received and no In process as of yet. I wonder how much longer are they going to take. And it is also not clear if it is the WPG office which initiates the criminal, immigration and security checks or if it is the CPC Sydney or if it is an automatic process once the file is created in their system. Well in any case, waiting is the only alternative here. Congratulations to each and everyone who is making progress on this journey.
I can feel you. Almost a month since AOR and no IP yet. Best of luck :)

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Winnipeg is moving guys!

I got my test invite for Jan 18.
Delivered: oct 16
AOR: Nov 7
IP: Nov 14

Checked my ecas today and I’m scheduled for Jan 18.

Reactions: winpro

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Winnipeg is moving guys!

I got my test invite for Jan 18.
Delivered: oct 16
AOR: Nov 7
IP: Nov 14

Checked my ecas today and I’m scheduled for Jan 18.
Congrats.
Have you received any email yet?
And if I remember correctly you made some errors right? and corrected via webform?

Thanks

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Congrats.
Have you received any email yet?
And if I remember correctly you made some errors right? and corrected via webform?

Thanks
I didn’t receive any email. I just checked my ecas and it shows the last line about the test.

Yes I made some mistakes and corrected via the webform. I landed as PR and prior to that I was living in my home country. I did not attach a Police certificate so I told them through the webform if needed I’ll submit it. I got a snail mail after that requesting an updated physical presence calculator and weeks after that I see this test invite update in my ecas.

N_Shine

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I didn’t receive any email. I just checked my ecas and it shows the last line about the test.

Yes I made some mistakes and corrected via the webform. I landed as PR and prior to that I was living in my home country. I did not attach a Police certificate so I told them through the webform if needed I’ll submit it. I got a snail mail after that requesting an updated physical presence calculator and weeks after that I see this test invite update in my ecas.
Congrats :) Lucky you :)
AOR since 29 Nov and no IP yet but oh well it will come sooner or later