18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
krempel said:
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I took the test and got 100% on it! Guess I worried for nothing. I was told 3-5 months till the oath if everything goes well. Seems like a long wait but oh well. My PR card expires soon so I'm really hoping it's the 3 months :) Good luck to the rest of you about to do the test!
Congrats Bud!

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
krempel said:
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I took the test and got 100% on it! Guess I worried for nothing. I was told 3-5 months till the oath if everything goes well. Seems like a long wait but oh well. My PR card expires soon so I'm really hoping it's the 3 months :) Good luck to the rest of you about to do the test!
Wow so happy for you--------Well done ;D

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, I would like to ask some questions for whomever recently attend the testing session:
1. How many people are there for testing?
2. All applied around the similar time? did anyone had any conversation there?
3. what other testing sessions you heard of?
4. Anything else that is valuable to share?

Many thanks!!!!

krempel

Oct 3, 2009
Hi Ynany, I just took my this week. They tell you not to discuss the content of the test with anyone but hopefully I can answer your questions somewhat...
1. Probably 20-30 people in the testing group.
2. I didn't talk to anyone else there as we were all quiet during the test and they send you upstairs as soon as you finish it.
3. I haven't heard of specific testing dates but I think they have several a week.
4. Make sure to be on time for the test or you may be locked out, Make sure to study and take practice tests online, There is an interview right after the test which was 5-10 minutes just to look over your application especially your id's and the section on absences. No big deal though.
For me the process couldn't have been easier. It seems to be taking about a year from application to test for most
Good luck!!

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Cheers,for the info
krempel said:
Hi Ynany, I just took my this week. They tell you not to discuss the content of the test with anyone but hopefully I can answer your questions somewhat...
2. I didn't talk to anyone else there as we were all quiet during the test and they send you upstairs as soon as you finish it.
3. I haven't heard of specific testing dates but I think they have several a week.
4. Make sure to be on time for the test or you may be locked out, Make sure to study and take practice tests online, There is an interview right after the test which was 5-10 minutes just to look over your application especially your id's and the section on absences. No big deal though.
For me the process couldn't have been easier. It seems to be taking about a year from application to test for most
Good luck!!

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krempel said:
Good luck!!
Thanks Krempel!!!
20-30 per session and couple sessions per week. That's hope!!!!

krempel

Oct 3, 2009
As I said, I'm not sure how often they do the tests but there was a sign on the door when I got there at 12:25pm that said the 9:45am testing group was in process. They had already finished and gone by then but I'm assuming that they means that they had had at least 2 tests that day. There were 3-4 families doing the test together and then 4-8 single testers for my session. They called the families in first and split them up to discourage cheating. They said if anyone is caught cheating they are immediately asked to leave and they lose their chance to take the written test. They then have to take it orally I think. You get 30 minutes to take it, which I was done in maybe 5 minutes.

ynany1027

Oct 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krempel said:
As I said, I'm not sure how often they do the tests but there was a sign on the door when I got there at 12:25pm that said the 9:45am testing group was in process. They had already finished and gone by then but I'm assuming that they means that they had had at least 2 tests that day. There were 3-4 families doing the test together and then 4-8 single testers for my session. They called the families in first and split them up to discourage cheating. They said if anyone is caught cheating they are immediately asked to leave and they lose their chance to take the written test. They then have to take it orally I think. You get 30 minutes to take it, which I was done in maybe 5 minutes.

Absolutely, Krempel, no cheating.
Just want to get a sense of processing time for testing here in Winnipeg; like we all observed, toronto/Scarborough people are finishing there entire process in 6 months and it looks like the testing calls are on daily basis.
Thanks again for your input! And congratulating for passing on this milestone in the process.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
It looks like Winnipeg office is not as fast as other offices, and it takes atleast one year from applying to the test invite , correct me if I am wrong, cheers

krempel

Oct 3, 2009
ynany1027 said:
Absolutely, Krempel, no cheating.
Just want to get a sense of processing time for testing here in Winnipeg; like we all observed, toronto/Scarborough people are finishing there entire process in 6 months and it looks like the testing calls are on daily basis.
Thanks again for your input! And congratulating for passing on this milestone in the process.
Sorry! I wasn't implying that anyone would cheat, Just passing on the info because it was kind of the only thing that they talked about once in the room.
Anyway, I think almost everyone from the February 2014 group on this forum has already gotten citizenship. It's really frustrating that it takes so long in Winnipeg. And now to wait another 3-5 months for the oath is crazy... I have heard that they are getting faster but it's hard to believe.
Good luck!

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
Anyone here write the test in January 2015 and got an oath invite?

bluemarilyn

Jan 29, 2013
I attended my oath of citizenship yesterday there were 80 attendees. We lined up 30min before the time that was written in the invitation. They check for the invitation letter,the paper that you need to sign,and PR card which was not returned.The ceremony was great and full of energy,but I noticed that after handing out the certificates you must sign again on the same doc that you signed upon checking in. Last year I attended a ceremony they just handed out the certificates no signing after that. Maybe its about the confirmation that you are confirming that you sworn the oath. the ceremony is about an hour and half or almost 2hours if you want to take pictures with the judge and your family. Its an event full of happiness and gratitude to the country we chose to live in.