+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I receive a Canada study visa at the age of 35? Please share your experience.

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
Hi Uti,

Fantastic to know from your end and all the very best to your future.

Are you from India? Which program did you attend?

Appreciate, if you could elaborate and share your experience with us. You have motivated me now, once again thank you.
I am a Sri Lankan. I applied for a business management two year diploma bcz I have work experience related to that. I explained how I did my GCE OLs and ALs well and then immediately after started working. I did not have an environment to study specialy when I was working in UAE. so I saved money hoping to persue my study dream one day. Then I moved to Italy and started a family so I became a stay at home mom. I explained why I couldn't work in Italy, I am not fluent in Italian and my education is not sufficient to compete in european job market. Then I showed them that I applied to a university in Italy but they have very few courses for my level undergraduate studies in English. I got accepted but it was not for my choice of program while having ot in hand I applied to Canada. I basically covered all the questions VO might think to him self. Why I want to study now? Why not Italy or Europe? Why Canada? Will I come back? I applied only for my self first, my daughter and husband after I got visa. Also how me and my husband invested in property back in Sri Lanka a joint account in Sri Lanka we maintained online from Italy a history of a couple of years. In order to show ties. SOP matters a lot. Explain everything in SOP provide evidence to each fact in supporting docs. Thats what I did. I did eveything on my own without any agents. I did a lot of reasearch though.

unnianju

Oct 28, 2017
I am a Sri Lankan. I applied for a business management two year diploma bcz I have work experience related to that. I explained how I did my GCE OLs and ALs well and then immediately after started working. I did not have an environment to study specialy when I was working in UAE. so I saved money hoping to persue my study dream one day. Then I moved to Italy and started a family so I became a stay at home mom. I explained why I couldn't work in Italy, I am not fluent in Italian and my education is not sufficient to compete in european job market. Then I showed them that I applied to a university in Italy but they have very few courses for my level undergraduate studies in English. I got accepted but it was not for my choice of program while having ot in hand I applied to Canada. I basically covered all the questions VO might think to him self. Why I want to study now? Why not Italy or Europe? Why Canada? Will I come back? I applied only for my self first, my daughter and husband after I got visa. Also how me and my husband invested in property back in Sri Lanka a joint account in Sri Lanka we maintained online from Italy a history of a couple of years. In order to show ties. SOP matters a lot. Explain everything in SOP provide evidence to each fact in supporting docs. Thats what I did. I did eveything on my own without any agents. I did a lot of reasearch though.
You are so great. You worked hard for it and you proved it. Proud of you..

Reactions: Uti

Marvin arora

Sep 2, 2022
If anyone need assistance on sop, study permit filing, tips etc.. feel free to write -

good luck
Hello Bro,
Could you please share the SOP as a reference it would help me to gain more confidence.
I am 36 years old and working in IT sector.

Nolan@789

Aug 30, 2022
I’m on the same boat got admission in post graduate certificate supply chain management after completing my bachelors business administration in 2012 then applied for New Zealand student visa for graduate in business management got study permit then working in New Zealand till June 2018 left the country while having valid work visa come back to home country after that till now working and recently got admissions in sask polytechnic In January 2023 haven’t applied for visa yet. I’m just worried with this recent refusal and being 32 years old. Not sure if I can make it or not.

Bhargav23

Jan 2, 2023
I’m on the same boat got admission in post graduate certificate supply chain management after completing my bachelors business administration in 2012 then applied for New Zealand student visa for graduate in business management got study permit then working in New Zealand till June 2018 left the country while having valid work visa come back to home country after that till now working and recently got admissions in sask polytechnic In January 2023 haven’t applied for visa yet. I’m just worried with this recent refusal and being 32 years old. Not sure if I can make it or not.
Did you get your visa ?

soniclife

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
I applied for study permit when I was 34 years old.. I work in IT too and applied for MBA .. Ive mentioned my movement towards mgmt and I chose MBA specialization in innovation and technology . I got my study permit without issues in 2020 and ive graduated now as well .
So age wont be an issue mostly if your bachelors , your current job and your chosen post graduation are in line and are a natural progression.
If its different or its a second masters then its better to provide more details on why this course and why now questions