+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why study visas of Pakistani students are getting rejected constantly?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hi, Aqib I am Nadir a Pakistani citizen born and currently living in Saudi Arabia.
Just to inform you Pakistani Study permits has a high rejected rate due to there Purpose of visit to Canada (Many students plan to study in Canada and then flee that's why the IRCC have to confirm that they are a genuine student)
according to your case, I highly suggest don't use SDS to apply through the Non-SDS stream. If your father is providing you the entire fee you should use your dad's bank statements which show that you have enough funds to live and study in Canada for the entire year and property documents under your father's name or mother's name. another thing is that you should have a strong sop which shows why you didn't choose Pakistan, why you want to study that course in Canada and how will it benefit you in you country of citizenship show your strong ties with your family and Pakistan
if you need any help email me on hassannadir14@outlook.com
I applaud your posts, good foundational knowledge on the subject. All the pros who got approved swiftly say the same thing, choosing non-sds is done so that the applicant can avoid certain stringent offices logistically. They all could afford SDS but still went for the non-SDS route.

I think as long as the transfer of property is done legally, there should not be any problem. They should consider this as a valid asset OP holds.
This is true as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hansemer

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Why Students from Pakistan are getting a lot of refusals from Canada.
Is it because people in Abu Dhabi are biased or because of some other issue.
Can Pakistani students share their experience here of their refusal or approval?
Abu Dhabi office is notoriously known for rejecting applications without any logic for everyone living & working in Middle East. You can search the forum & you will see. VO sitting there feels, everyone in GCC countries working on temporary VISA have disowned their country and parents & will never go back home. Little do they know that most of what we earn is sent back 'Home' but guess logic is something which everyone does not have.

Hassan Gondal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hi, i am from Pakistan, they don't reject the applications with valid reasons, make sure you have strong ties with your country, have a good financial statement, good marks in ielts and overall your academic.
AoA brother. I applied from pakistan through sds. I have 90 per marks in 10 grade and got 80 per marks in 12 grade with medical subjects. Along with GIC, i attached a bank statement of 20 lacs through my own account. I have no gap. I have 6.5 bands in ielts overall and in every module. But i quite negative after analysing the approval ratio of pakistani applicants.whats ur opinion

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
Isnt everyone technically doing this, 90% of the people going to study in Canada go with an intention to settle down (legally) via EE route. However, we are forced to make statements about returning back home after studies.
I believe this was asked before and some user provided great answers:

1- it would ruin the EE program and the educational system integrity in Canada might get destroyed. This is why they make sure you're a bona-fide student so you actually study and publish research instead of doing the bare minimum just to immigrate

2- it is discrimination, but like others said, one that developed due to people over staying or not actually studying. I won't say blame your countrymen, but blame life lol.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Isnt everyone technically doing this, 90% of the people going to study in Canada go with an intention to settle down (legally) via EE route. However, we are forced to make statements about returning back home after studies.

I think as long as the transfer of property is done legally, there should not be any problem. They should consider this as a valid asset OP holds.
M********* v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration)
Court (s) DatabaseFederal Court Decisions
Date2020-02-11
Neutral citation2020 *C 2*0
File numbersIMM-2**7-**

"The applicant notes that Canada’s policy has evolved. The government now wants to attract students, and encourage them to continue their journey in Canada after their studies. The post-graduation work visa is a testament to this intention. In this context, the fact that an applicant harbours another intention simultaneous with an intention to study, so long as this intention is legitimate, cannot be a ground for refusal. "

"When reviewing a visa officer’s factual assessment of an application for a student visa and the officer’s belief that an applicant will not leave Canada at the end of his or her stay, the standard of review is reasonableness: S***** v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2016 FC 6*0 at para *2 [Sol****]; ***aali***** v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2019 FC 1**0 at para *1. "

The applicant submits that in the case at bar, the officer’s refusal was unreasonable because the reasons given for refusing the study permit are unrelated to the evidence on record, and because the officer ignored evidence in the record that contradicts his findings. The role of a reviewing court is to detect the irrationality or arbitrariness of a decision: Pe**** v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2017 FC 1** at para 1*; Ka*****-Mi***n v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2*18 FC 5** at para *3.

THIS COURT’S JUDGMENT is as follows :

"The application for judicial review is allowed, and the matter is referred back for redetermination by a different officer."

William F. Pentney”
Justice

Reactions: DesiPikachu

HamzaQayyum

Nov 30, 2020
AoA brother. I applied from pakistan through sds. I have 90 per marks in 10 grade and got 80 per marks in 12 grade with medical subjects. Along with GIC, i attached a bank statement of 20 lacs through my own account. I have no gap. I have 6.5 bands in ielts overall and in every module. But i quite negative after analysing the approval ratio of pakistani applicants.whats ur opinion
WAS, Your academic score is excellent, Ielts is decent, did you submit a LOE with your application?,. If yes, did mention the reason you want to study in Canada, How it will benefit you, Your ties with your home country.
A bank statement of 20 lac is low, i would recommend 40 - 60 lacs.

aqibaqib363

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
For your Info, many Pakistani applications are being processed in Edmonton, Windsor and Ottowa, so I think we would push the AbuDhabi factor aside, for now atleast

Honestly, home ties are the most important, no matter how Excellent your profile is, even if you have enrolled in a 100% funded program, you still have to prove that you will return to your home country after studies.
Any suggestions on how to make it strong?

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
How my Dad’s property is gonna prove strong ties to my home country?
Thank you so much for offering help I will email you when needed.
You can mention that you will inherit your fathers property or you have a certain amount of share in your fathers property that is why you have no choice and you will have to return to Pakistan

aqibaqib363

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
You can mention that you will inherit your fathers property or you have a certain amount of share in your fathers property that is why you have no choice and you will have to return to Pakistan
So can I ask my dad to have some property in my name?
And how much bank statement is enough I showed 14 Lacs PKR.

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Any suggestions on how to make it strong?
Mention your family members, attach a Family Registration Certificate, Highlight your fathers properties, Show Income Sources, Show them other such assets like Cars, Jewelry, Commercial Property, Bonds etc. and attach evaluation, Show them how you are a beneficiary to all of the Investments and assets mentioned.

Show employer letter that tells you will be granted X Job at the company after completion of studies and much more

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Thats a very good point. Apparently, this is also supported by Canadian immigration doctrine under what is called as dual intent.

Now, I once asked this to my lawyer when I consulted for something else. What he said was interesting. The VOs and the law is not as much worried about your actual leaving the country as they are worried about chances of you violating the conditions on your visa/permit. ie. overstaying, working illegally that sort of thing.

If you legally seek and obtain a different status, you are all good. This is why dual intent is a thing.

The question that the VO wants to answer is this : does this guy have a link to his home country that is strong enough for him to not overstay or illegally stay in Canada?
When you try to transfer a property only for showing that link, if it gets detected, it can have consequences. Because it is a misrepresentation of your links to your home country.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

SyedZeeshanHaider

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
So can I ask my dad to have some property in my name?
And how much bank statement is enough I showed 14 Lacs PKR.
I agree with the person who said that you are adjusting your conditions to fit the criteria of visa, so that condition could raise red flags, no idea about bank statement, depends on your tuition, living expenses etc.