+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why offering immigration to forigen nationals when they alread have skilledworkr

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
No, but if CIC contacted the bank and asked for confirmation of information already in CIC's possession and the bank failed to confirm.... The bank wouldn't have to release information.
I would think that CIC could only verify the authenticity of a specific letter issued by that bank, and since the bank has issued the letter they should just confirm it. Not very likely for the bank to go through the letter to check all the details again.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MySky said:
No they don't have that authority and they know it.
True. CIC doesn't have the authority over any bank in the World to ask them to disclose a private individual's financial statement without such individual's written consent. But CIC doesn't need to do that.

If they are suspicious about a bank statement, they just have to send a mail to the bank asking them to confirm if the said bank has indeed issued such a statement and the contents therein are genuine. In this case, they aren't asking the bank for any additional information - they are simply asking the bank to validate the materials already submitted to CIC by the applicant (and their bank) and no bank in the World is likely to dishonor such a request from CIC. In the case cited above, such a query might have received a negative response from the bank leading to charges of misrepresentation.

Underestimate CIC at your own risk.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
True. CIC doesn't have the authority over any bank in the World to ask them to disclose a private individual's financial statement without such individual's written consent. But CIC doesn't need to do that.

If they are suspicious about a bank statement, they just have to send a mail to the bank asking them to confirm if the said bank has indeed issued such a statement and the contents therein are genuine. In this case, they aren't asking the bank for any additional information - they are simply asking the bank to validate the materials already submitted to CIC by the applicant (and their bank) and no bank in the World is likely to dishonor such a request from CIC. In the case cited above, such a query might have received a negative response from the bank leading to charges of misrepresentation.

Yes and bank fired that guy immediately and send legal notic to that agent who helped them in this thing

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:

Yes, that is what I pointed out above. However, the bank did issue that letter by one of their employees. So it is not the matter of authenticity of the letter itself, but the accuracy of the content. I wonder if banks would actually go back and re-check all such letters when (and if) contacted by CIC. They would undermine the credibility of their own institution by declaring the letter they did write was not correct.

I am not underestimating CIC. I am just evaluating under what scenario the hero of the story was caught. If the letter was indeed issued by the bank, could it even be an act of misrepresentation by the applicant? I don't know... the applicant didn't misrepresent him/herself per se.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
MySky said:
Yes, that is what I pointed out above. However, the bank did issue that letter by one of their employees. So it is not the matter of authenticity of the letter itself, but the accuracy of the content. I wonder if banks would actually go back and re-check all such letters when (and if) contacted by CIC. They would undermine the credibility of their own institution by declaring the letter they did write was not correct.

I am not underestimating CIC. I am just evaluating under what scenario the hero of the story was caught. If the letter was indeed issued by the bank, could it even be an act of misrepresentation by the applicant? I don't know... the applicant didn't misrepresent him/herself per se.
Banks do verify documents, even when apparently issued by them, when validity is under question. The applicant is the one responsible for the misrepresentation, intentional or not. Canadian federal courts have already ruled on this. Check CANLII.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MySky said:

No point debating the facts of a story we've heard on a second hand basis. The larger point was that CIC can check for authenticity at any point in time so there is considerable risk involved in submitting fake/doctored statements. And submitting such documents is willful misrepresentation on the part of the applicant.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
Banks do verify documents, even when apparently issued by them, when validity is under question. The applicant is the one responsible for the misrepresentation, intentional or not. Canadian federal courts have already ruled on this. Check CANLII.
Interesting - thanks.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MySky said:

Because i think without the permission of that fake acc holder bank would never do such a thing and and i dont think cic have anything to do with banks they only care about the applicant who applied under cic so if they found that applicant suspicious they only take action on him not on back or anybody

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
True. CIC should have given more importance to people who are already in here. Why wud they need 2171 and 2173 applicants from abroad when there is a saturation in Canada?

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Rahul12 said:
True. CIC should have given more importance to people who are already in here. Why wud they need 2171 and 2173 applicants from abroad when there is a saturation in Canada?
I totally disagree with your viewpoint. As if people in Canada are more deserving than people living across the world. It's an equal opportunity system, my friend. From your timeline, it clearly shows that you are also not a born Canadian. You might have come to Canada for studies, with a thinking of having yourself settled in Canada. Now put yourself in the same shoe as what you are commenting now. Had there been such a process, you would never have gotten a Canadian PR.

It does not matter if foreign nationals are coming directly (with foreign exp) or bridging their study to get a Canadian PR. It's a fair system and you can't say Canada does not need more people. I could say may be the Software engineers in Canada right now, are not matching the expectations of the employers, that is why they need good quality software engineers from other countries.

People commenting that Canada should not promote immigration should introspect that they have immigrated to Canada as well in the past and now can not complain about the situation.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
+1 to aquarian25...
People who say things like things simply they dont have skills they came on student visa and want PR now bit foreign nationals who r skilled hv equal right and they will grant PR as others...
Be good and do good...don't act like judge...

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
priority should always be international graduates and skilled working already working in canada.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic.gc.ca said:
priority should always be international graduates and skilled working already working in canada.
Not really. But EE does help there by offering up to 80 points for Canadian work experience. Canada needs skilled talent from across the World and CRS formulation reflects that as well as they can for now.

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
Aquarian25 said:
I totally disagree with your viewpoint. As if people in Canada are more deserving than people living across the world. It's an equal opportunity system, my friend. From your timeline, it clearly shows that you are also not a born Canadian. You might have come to Canada for studies, with a thinking of having yourself settled in Canada. Now put yourself in the same shoe as what you are commenting now. Had there been such a process, you would never have gotten a Canadian PR.

It does not matter if foreign nationals are coming directly (with foreign exp) or bridging their study to get a Canadian PR. It's a fair system and you can't say Canada does not need more people. I could say may be the Software engineers in Canada right now, are not matching the expectations of the employers, that is why they need good quality software engineers from other countries.

People commenting that Canada should not promote immigration should introspect that they have immigrated to Canada as well in the past and now can not complain about the situation.
lol, so you are saying that canada needs your expertise to save them? So people in canada do not have any talent?

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
Rahul12 said:
lol, so you are saying that canada needs your expertise to save them? So people in canada do not have any talent?
The argument is not whether people in Canada have the required talent or not and whether foreign nationals need to be given a chance just like any other Temporary resident in Canada? If you ask me only selected few have the required talent. EE is honoring International students and temporary workers already in Canada (Ur arguing will be not enough for a PR?), the whole point of a TRV is to make use of ur skills and money to improve Canadian economy, and if you are talented enough you may be eligible for a PR. Instead of complaining the system,why cant we focus on the different way available to attain a PR. Bottomline, everyone desrves a equal shot