+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why offering immigration to forigen nationals when they alread have skilledworkr

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
Asivad Anac said:
Not really. But EE does help there by offering up to 80 points for Canadian work experience. Canada needs skilled talent from across the World and CRS formulation reflects that as well as they can for now.

Even if you add those 80 points the overall CRS will never go above450 ,

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
Why do u think 450 is not enough to deal with EE? They did have many draws between 450 & 500. I think around 420 to 450 should be the cutoff score. I think a score of less than 420 will not fetch a qualified candidate to improve Canadian economy

kksai

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Kind of agree on the priority should be given to inlanders

I know of a person .. working for 4 yrs in canada find himself on the wrong side of the rules/guidances for express entry ... for all the taxes he paid in last 4 years (Taxes are really high in canada ) ... he deserve better opportunities for sure ..

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
Dennia said:
Why do u think 450 is not enough to deal with EE? They did have many draws between 450 & 500. I think around 420 to 450 should be the cutoff score. I think a score of less than 420 will not fetch a qualified candidate to improve Canadian economy
Kindly do not make such baseless statements which are sure to cause negativity in the forum. You can't say for sure that a score less than 420 will not fetch a qualified candidate. I am one of them, and I can assure you I along with many others are qualified well enough for this economy.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kksai said:

I know of a person .. working for 4 yrs in Canada find himself on the wrong side of the rules/guidances for express entry ... for all the taxes he paid in last 4 years (Taxes are really high in canada ) ... he deserve better opportunities for sure ..
The tax is high because of double taxation. For every dollar you receive both the federal and provincial government take their cut from it. so you get taxed twice. I don't understand why is it like that..

Anyway.. they use the money for the benefit of Canadian resident e.g. medical, public service, infrastructure, etc...

As for the latter part, I beg to disagree since tax is not a retribution, you don't get direct specific benefit by paying more (or less) in tax.. It is just tax nothing to do with anything else including immigration..

kksai

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Hansdza said:
I beg to disagree since tax is not a retribution, you don't get direct specific benefit by paying more (or less) in tax.. It is just tax nothing to do with anything else including immigration..
i agree partially .. for ex - Roads are relatively bad in montreal when compared to any developed country .. not sure how much money goes to infrastructure ..i stop there .. dont want to go deeply in to political discussion ..

all i say when some one paid 4 years of tax with above average salary .. he contributed to ur economy and now u say u dont qualify to be here .. kindly leave .. does not make sense ..
also there is portion in salary as PF fund or pension fund .. that amount all temp workers going to loose if permanent status is not given ....

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kksai said:
i agree partially .. for ex - Roads are relatively bad in montreal when compared to any developed country .. not sure how much money goes to infrastructure ..i stop there .. dont want to go deeply in to political discussion ..

all i say when some one paid 4 years of tax with above average salary .. he contributed to ur economy and now u say u dont qualify to be here .. kindly leave .. does not make sense ..
also there is portion in salary as PF fund or pension fund .. that amount all temp workers going to loose if permanent status is not given ....
well tax is just one part ....what about u lived in canada earned in canada and spent money in canada isnt that helping economy? if the job goes to another country everyone loses. rooting us from our already set lives is very selfish. express entry system may be good or bad for canada is yet to be seen however it is definitely bad for me as an immigrant.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kksai said:

They don't ask you to leave. If you can get a valid work permit or visitor visa you can stay in Canada as long as your permit valid. Export and Import trading and overseas business also beneficial to Economy and none of them are related to immigration. So let's set aside contribution to economy and immigration.

For pension fund (CPP/QPP) AND Employment Insurance (EI)... I think it s good idea. If TFW cannot receive the benefit of the premium they paid every month from their salary (and employer part) due to barrier in permanent immigration. By the time they leave Canada permanently, their premium should be refunded.. Sadly... there's no such rule like that

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Aquarian25 said:
I totally disagree with your viewpoint. As if people in Canada are more deserving than people living across the world. It's an equal opportunity system, my friend. From your timeline, it clearly shows that you are also not a born Canadian. You might have come to Canada for studies, with a thinking of having yourself settled in Canada. Now put yourself in the same shoe as what you are commenting now. Had there been such a process, you would never have gotten a Canadian PR.

It does not matter if foreign nationals are coming directly (with foreign exp) or bridging their study to get a Canadian PR. It's a fair system and you can't say Canada does not need more people. I could say may be the Software engineers in Canada right now, are not matching the expectations of the employers, that is why they need good quality software engineers from other countries.

People commenting that Canada should not promote immigration should introspect that they have immigrated to Canada as well in the past and now can not complain about the situation.
Inland applicants are supposedly more preferable because foreigners who have already lived in Canada mostly already have establishment (likely to have a job), know the cultures, language (not only by English/French test, I mean local slangs and jargons), and hence have an easier time integrating to the society.
As oppose to foreigners who just arrive, often experience cultural shock, lifestyle change (-30C in Calgary, c'mon), job/career difficulties, perhaps language barriers, etc. At times, serious social problems like [Honour Killing] arise because of it. [1]

In fact, Canada/Provincial government spend millions of dollars every year helping new immigrants to engage and integrate with the society.

Hence the CIC had a stream called Canadian Experience Class to prioritize these people over outland applicants. Now with the CRS point system includes CEC applicants, it essentially puts CEC applicants the same line as FSW and put many originally eligible in CEC, out of the run under EE.

[1] http://www.canada.com/life/Honour+killings+rise+Canada+Expert/3165638/story.html

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kksai said:

I know of a person .. working for 4 yrs in canada find himself on the wrong side of the rules/guidances for express entry ... for all the taxes he paid in last 4 years (Taxes are really high in canada ) ... he deserve better opportunities for sure ..
Argument of paying tax deserves PR do not stand. Taxes are paid to the Federal and Provincial government every year so they can operate in running the province & country during the year.
You only pay tax when you work in Canada, inevitably you will live in Canada while you work. Hence you will use government services like police, the road, snow plows, etc.

As for double taxation, it's false. It is a bit mindblowing for people from places which one government governs the country. (including myself [it's complication])
Federal government and provincial government operates in different aspects of the place and have different responsibility. Federal government sometimes has conflicting view in policies than provincial, as they may run by different parties.

However, if you are American working in Canada, then you will have to be double taxed. The CRA collect tax from you because you work in Canada. And as far as IRS concern, they collect tax from you as long as you are an American.

kksai

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
>>Argument of paying tax deserves PR do not stand.

I dont agree .. what canada govt expects from new immigrants ... Tax is direct income to govt from immigrants .. do u think they do the express entry to allow foreign nationals to come here to exploit low income houses .. child benefits .. day care benefits ... etc etc ... they need u come here to qualify for job so u pay taxes ...

>>As for double taxation, it's false. It is a bit mindblowing for people from places which one government governs the country. (including myself [it's complication])

it is not false .. bcos u understand the logic behind it .. it does not mean it is correct .. my imo

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kksai said:
>>Argument of paying tax deserves PR do not stand.

I dont agree .. what canada govt expects from new immigrants ... Tax is direct income to govt from immigrants .. do u think they do the express entry to allow foreign nationals to come here to exploit low income houses .. child benefits .. day care benefits ... etc etc ... they need u come here to qualify for job so u pay taxes ...

>>As for double taxation, it's false. It is a bit mindblowing for people from places which one government governs the country. (including myself [it's complication])

it is not false .. bcos u understand the logic behind it .. it does not mean it is correct .. my imo
1) Tax are paid by residents, regardless of immigration status. Temp workers paid tax in the year they lived in Canada, and used government services in the year, which they paid their taxes for. Of course new immigrants are expected to pay taxes on how much they earned since they arrive. But it's not retrospective. You can't say, "I've paid tax 3 years ago, I deserve to be here next year". You've paid what you've used.

Although this does not remove my opinion on inland applications should get more priority than this.

2) It's how Government of Canada was formed as a federal state (as oppose to unitary state). It's true, and correct, in the context of Canadian history, politics and people.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Punjab_rocks said:
frustration is building up, canadian immigation keep on issueing the permannet residence for forigen nationals while they already have skilled worker in canada.
CIC considers the foreigners to be better candidates than some of the people in Canada.

If you look, though, 88.5% of the people selected under express entry live in Canada. How many more do you want? 99%?

they are on the edge to go home due to ineligible for express entey or denied for work permit extention or for whatever silly reason.
When people come as temporary immigrants - be it temporary students, or temporary foreign workers, they run the risk of being sent home. That's the temporary part of "temporary". Someone who comes as a seasonal labourer is not needed full-time, and they are offered a chance to earn some money as temporary immigrants. They get what they were promised.

Students also receive what they were promised. They pay for an education in Canada, and they get an education in Canada.

on the other hand,most frustrating i wannna talk about is that forigen national getting permanent residence by getting fake work experience. I have seen it thats why i am saying this.
Report it. Send them home. Every person who cheats takes away a slot from someone who earns it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

Also, inland applications are also being refused for silly reasons. just feeling sad for people who have been working so hard everyday in canada and getting only 300 to 400 points and foreign nationals hook up with any employer to get fake work experience and I dont know.
Inland people often submit the applications themselves, and make mistakes. It's a hard form - it's easy to do. Those who use consultants are more likely to have the little mistakes caught, saving rounds. Those who do it themselves will still likely get selected - they may just have to try a few times to get the application right.

As for the foreigners with fake work experience, CIC tries to catch it as best they can. All it takes is one person getting caught to rat out the rest, and we may see P/R and Citizenship revoked for others using the same service.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kateg said:
CIC considers the foreigners to be better candidates than some of the people in Canada.

If you look, though, 88.5% of the people selected under express entry live in Canada. How many more do you want? 99%?
This number is inflated due to the first couple draws are strictly for people with existing LMO/LMIA.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
cic.gc.ca said:
priority should always be international graduates and skilled working already working in canada.
Why?

Shouldn't Canada want to get the best candidates? There's a limited number of immigrant slots - why should they go to someone who has a diploma from Canada over a Master's from somewhere else?