+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is the Processing Time of federal skilled workers EE Application taking too long?

mahmoud.flh

Oct 12, 2021
Greetings,

I applied for federal skilled worker program from Saudi Arabia. I have received my ITA in 09 December 2020 for federal skilled workers EE. Then after submitting all the documents, including Up-Front Medical test, my application's AoR date is 02 March 2021.

As per their official page, processing time of the application should be 6 months or less but up to this moment I did not receive COPR. Is it normal to take that long? It has been more than 7 months now.

I was also wondering if the dates of processing CEC applications are the same as Federal Skilled Workers.

• Haha
Reactions: aNDyaSs

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Greetings,

I applied for federal skilled worker program from Saudi Arabia. I have received my ITA in 09 December 2020 for federal skilled workers EE. Then after submitting all the documents, including Up-Front Medical test, my application's AoR date is 02 March 2021.

As per their official page, processing time of the application should be 6 months or less but up to this moment I did not receive COPR. Is it normal to take that long? It has been more than 7 months now.

I was also wondering if the dates of processing CEC applications are the same as Federal Skilled Workers.
Because IRCC sucks. lot of people with 2019 AOR still waiting.

Maximus2077

Nov 8, 2021
Category........
FSW
Greetings,

I applied for the same program from China, and received my ITA in Oct 2020. I submitted all the documents in Nov and never got any update since then.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Greetings,

Processing time is not 6 months or less. That’s what IRCC tries to do for 80% of applications pre-pandemic. Now it’s more like 18 months or more for those with late 2019 AORs :(

Maximus2077

Nov 8, 2021
Category........
FSW
Processing time is not 6 months or less. That’s what IRCC tries to do for 80% of applications pre-pandemic. Now it’s more like 18 months or more for those with late 2019 AORs :(
But it seems that those CEC applicants who applied in Canada get approved pretty fast. I think IRCC has allocated more resources for the CEC program.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
But it seems that those CEC applicants who applied in Canada get approved pretty fast. I think IRCC has allocated more resources for the CEC program.
True. This was officially approved by Mendicino and carried out around Mar-Sep 2021. The IRCC website is now still saying they are working on CEC at full capacity and other streams at limited capacity.