waived
Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
july 2010
LANDED..........
july 2010
Hey guys,

i was just wondering that what could be the reasons for buffalo to process fsw files so slow these days?? i hope they are not holding our applications and waiting for revised law or new occupations list. its so frustrating now...it seems like they are just not doing anything there...what do you think guys?? :(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canbhagat said:
Hey guys,

i was just wondering that what could be the reasons for buffalo to process fsw files so slow these days?? i hope they are not holding our applications and waiting for revised law or new occupations list. its so frustrating now...it seems like they are just not doing anything there...what do you think guys?? :(
Because they get most of the CEC cases, the PNP cases as well as FSW where the applicant is working in Canada.

PMM

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi CANBHAGAT
London seems to be slow as well. i think London & Buffalo r competing with each other to become the slowest CHC in the whole solar system. :mad:

canbhagat said:
Hey guys,

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
shibleebd said:
hi CANBHAGAT
London seems to be slow as well. i think London & Buffalo r competing with each other to become the slowest CHC in the whole solar system. :mad:
No, London is a lot better than Buffalo. Buffalo is the worst of all, min. 2 yrs!

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i hope u r right. i am dealing with London & when i look at New Delhi CHC timeline, i feel sorry for myself for dealing with London. but i hav no option. i will have to see the end of London CHC with my process.

googleman said:
No, London is a lot better than Buffalo. Buffalo is the worst of all, min. 2 yrs!

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
shibleebd said:
i hope u r right. i am dealing with London & when i look at New Delhi CHC timeline, i feel sorry for myself for dealing with London. but i hav no option. i will have to see the end of London CHC with my process.
I wish I were in your shoes, that is, in London. At least they started processing yours. Mine is stuck in Buffalo for 8 mos with no status change. Others are worse with no status change for 12 mos over there.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

Because they get most of the CEC cases, the PNP cases as well as FSW where the applicant is working in Canada.

PMM
If there's more work for Buffalo, aren't they supposed to hire more people? Where do they spend Canadian tax money?

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i feel a bit lucky now. but i wish everyone's case was processed as fast as New Delhi is processing.
it's really terrible that Buffalo is taking such a long time :(. what's the point of changing rule if it only benefits few people !!!!

anyway, i wish u best of luck & wish that ur case & also other's get process as quick as possible........

googleman said:
I wish I were in your shoes, that is, in London. At least they started processing yours. Mine is stuck in Buffalo for 8 mos with no status change. Others are worse with no status change for 12 mos over there.

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's true. in UK, any visa application for british PR or citizenship takes only 6 months. however, i guess UK doesn't receive as much application as Canada does.

Canadian Govt. is taking so much money from us even b4 we enter Canada just to process the appl. but the value for money is low in terms of this application process. it's not fair, at all

googleman said:
If there's more work for Buffalo, aren't they supposed to hire more people? Where do they spend Canadian tax money?

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
shibleebd said:
i feel a bit lucky now. but i wish everyone's case was processed as fast as New Delhi is processing.
it's really terrible that Buffalo is taking such a long time :(. what's the point of changing rule if it only benefits few people !!!!

anyway, i wish u best of luck & wish that ur case & also other's get process as quick as possible........
Yeah, they changed the immigr regulations in Nov. 08, which benefited only few people, and now they're trying to change them again this spring, which is why many think they are holding FSW apps at Buffalo.

US2CN

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
13-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-12-2010
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Request
09-12-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2011 (Reached Ottawwa on 28-01-2012)
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2012 (In-Person)
As per the processing times listed on cic website, time difference between NewDelhi & Delhi is 1-2 months. Why is everyone saying Buffalo is very slow? Am I missing something or 1 month slow in processing considered "very slow". Please explain so that I can understand better.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
US2CN said:
As per the processing times listed on cic website, time difference between NewDelhi & Delhi is 1-2 months. Why is everyone saying Buffalo is very slow? Am I missing something or 1 month slow in processing considered "very slow". Please explain so that I can understand better.
Buffalo's 8 mos mean only the time it takes to finalize after Buffalo started processing apps, which takes min. 64 wks these days. So min 8 mos + min 64 wks = min. 2 yrs.

US2CN

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
13-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-12-2010
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Request
09-12-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2011 (Reached Ottawwa on 28-01-2012)
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2012 (In-Person)
Thanks for the clarification googleman. Buffalo is taking 64 weeks before they start looking at the application after we send the Full Docs? That is indeed pretty slow.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
I am confused.... I have sent my application in end of March 2010....
does that mean till next 16 months they will not look into my file? (till July 2011)
and after that they will take 8 more months to finalize the case? (March 2012)

That's worst I have come across in Canada application process....

:eek: